PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Portishead

Patron
Seeing a lot of news about the government considering a closer alignment again. Lots of denials too, but no smoke without fire? Seems like the media is testing the waters.

I dont know many people that were that ever bothered about the EU one way or another in the first place. It was mainly a Tory affair as far as I could see that they whipped the public into a frenzy about. Now its been proven that we can comfortably implode ourselves without their influence, the stirrers have lost their scapegoat and target for blame. Maybe they miss it now and realise they need it for deflection after all. Oh, and we might regain a proportion of our lost markets into the bargain.

Last edited:

Portishead

Patron

Anyone thinking of coming to Weston Super Mare (😸) to view the bizarre beached oil rig theyve erected on the sands near my fishing mark, dont bother. A viewing platform of the Channel with a scattering of foliage on the balconies. The investment will break even if they push Lord Charles off the top as long as he lands headfirst in the soft sand. Throw in Francois and its a winner.

Last edited:

northender0602

Patron
But it’s not the main driver, Covid and the war in Ukraine are the main contributors. Which is hidden away basically in one sentence in that article. I’m not denying Brexit has made a contribution, but why doesn’t the headline tell it like it really is? Covid, War in Ukraine and Brexit. To be honest though I hadn’t really seen any real difference in prices till Covid and Ukraine kicked off.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
But it’s not the main driver, Covid and the war in Ukraine are the main contributors. Which is hidden away basically in one sentence in that article. I’m not denying Brexit has made a contribution, but why doesn’t the headline tell it like it really is? Covid, War in Ukraine and Brexit. To be honest though I hadn’t really seen any real difference in prices till Covid and Ukraine kicked off.
Maybe, but while the government and the media are continually blaming Putin and the pandemic for our problems, Brexit hardly ever gets mentioned.

The true effect of Brexit can be seen by comparing the UK performance with other countries. We are the only major country that still has its GDP below what it was before the pandemic. Also, we were the first into recession and the IMF forecasts say that we'll be the last out of it.

europne

Patron
For the last time I did not vote to leave the EU because of Romanians. I think the referendum had already been done before they moved here or, I certainly said I was voting leave long before they did. Although I possibly posted about them on the Brexit thread it was in context at that time but never were they the issue for me to vote leave.

We see the EU entirely differently, I see them as tories on steroids. I have never had a problem with the common market but it went way, way beyond that and it unnerved me.

I’m English and I would prefer independence from bloody Westminster for the Northern Counties!

OMG Joan.

Wouldn’t be long before you would want separation from Yorkshire......then get rid of that lot south of the Ribble.....

Maybe best if you were put in charge, nothing seems to suit you.

Have you thought of any Brexit benefits yet? No one else seems to be able to find anything constructive yet.....

I said northern counties not Lancashire and I said that because I believe the north has been left behind far too much. Now if you don’t think that’s something to be concerned about then what you commenting for?

I don’t want to be in charge, I wouldn’t have the first clue but I do know how fairness works and the current lot ain’t it.

There are benefits to Brexit in my view not all connected with financial issues. Now as for you you don’t even notice the neglect in the north, so Europe stands no chance. Now off you trott and spout your venom elsewhere because it bores me.

I’ve questioned a few things you have written and you describe my comments as venom?

A little OTT Joan, I just have a different viewpoint that’s all.

It’s quite obvious that there are and will develop more serious financial downsides from Brexit which as a voter you should have been taken into consideration for the future of this country. Boris the liar eventually got thrown out but his lies about Brexit we will all suffer from. Where is all this money we don’t have to pay? Where is the money for the health service that Brexit would free up........etc etc etc

I see in your comments some serious xenophobic issues , don’t trust Johnny Foreigner, don’t trust people from the South....

I do understand and appreciate your concerns but there is a much wider view to be looking at to take that decision to leave the Eurozone, and completely ignoring these other issues is likely to serious affect your family finances in the years to come.

Prices are escalating at an alarming rate, more shortages will hit hard over the few years.

I won’t be wasting my time commenting further on this, time will show the reality, unfortunately.

I’ve questioned a few things you have written and you describe my comments as venom?

A little OTT Joan, I just have a different viewpoint that’s all.

It’s quite obvious that there are and will develop more serious financial downsides from Brexit which as a voter you should have been taken into consideration for the future of this country. Boris the liar eventually got thrown out but his lies about Brexit we will all suffer from. Where is all this money we don’t have to pay? Where is the money for the health service that Brexit would free up........etc etc etc

I see in your comments some serious xenophobic issues , don’t trust Johnny Foreigner, don’t trust people from the South....

I do understand and appreciate your concerns but there is a much wider view to be looking at to take that decision to leave the Eurozone, and completely ignoring these other issues is likely to serious affect your family finances in the years to come.

Prices are escalating at an alarming rate, more shortages will hit hard over the few years.

I won’t be wasting my time commenting further on this, time will show the reality, unfortunately.
Aye ok I voted leave so must be a racist. Whatever you think is up to you but I know the truth as do others that know me. You can think what you like I don't care. It’s not the first accusation of racism you have made against me, I find that very worrying but more for you than me though, because they are venom.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Aye ok I voted leave so must be a racist. Whatever you think is up to you but I know the truth as do others that know me. You can think what you like I don't care. It’s not the first accusation of racism you have made against me, I find that very worrying but more for you than me though, because they are venom.
Ive deffo seen you with your long pointed hat Joan 😂

We'll go to the next klan meeting together lol

It’s hilarious raefil. I have two nephews half Indian descent though their Dad is British their grandparents settled here in the 50’s. If Europne could see my two granddaughters “Grandma” he would be shocked, but you know of her. Oh and my son’s work and personal mate is Romanian his name is Dan a proper lovely bloke we will see him over Christmas he will pee himself laughing when I tell him how racist I am.

What the accuser does not get is I go to London regularly and see the advantages they get we don’t , he also doesn’t see I despise the tories with an absolute almighty passion so I am a tory hating whatever “ist” that comes under and that’s why I want out of Westminster, oh and I have made my feeling on Boris very clear I loathe the swine. I don’t even know why I’m explaining myself I don’t ask him to justify his views.

Portishead

Patron

I cant believe this. Hadnt realised this celebratory Brexit carbuncle was only ever temporary and has now been closed. A colossal waste of taxpayers money. Took an age to construct, was late so only open in late Autumn and apparently was a load of bollocks on the basis of people I know who paid to view Westons flat beach from the top. Nice one JRM. Clueless twerp.

TSR2

Patron
Well this EU policy is going to help keep food prices lower, that's for sure 😂

Netherlands to close up to 3,000 farms to comply with EU rules​

Not only are they going to freeze us to death, they are going to starve us to death, if you read history it has worked very well in the past :eek:

Meldrew's Ghost

Patron

You see @raefil. One day you're welcoming @Snicky back to the forum. Next day you're eulogising about Neil Oliver on GB News. Now you're wearing a bedsheet onesie and sharpening the tines of your pitchfork. That's a very slippery slope you're on comrade.