PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

That almost fits in with the tune to The Timewarp.

You hear a cry from the left
And the EU veers to the right
You then throttle the Brits
And screw the Greeks at the same time

Lets do the Backstop again.....
Or like Beyoncé’s if you want it then you’d better put a border on it

Although our entry might be a clever bit of reverse psychology a Remainer UK entry called "its bigger than us" just to show Europeans the majority still want to stay in (obviously). Genius

I am looking forward to him singing and when he has finished dropping his trousers to reveal EU flag under pants. Victory assured.

P.S we are still leaving

Change of subject but you will really really like this one :)

51750048_2304863076466463_7925060228511432704_n.jpg

Would that be the same Dennis who is so very anti europe?........ Proper geezer.

As must ignorance!

As Essex so rightly says, the WTO rules pertaining to Most Favoured Nation state that countries must treat all other countries they trade with equitably. Meaning if there's no border controls between the UK (N. Ireland) and Ireland, then there can't be controls on the UK and other countries.

Here's the ruling:
Article I: General Most-Favoured-Nation Treatment
1. With respect to customs duties and charges of any kind imposed on or in connection with importation or exportation or imposed on the international transfer of payments for imports or exports, and with respect to the method of levying such duties and charges, and with respect to all rules and formalities in connection with importation and exportation, and with respect to all matters referred to in paragraphs 2 and 4 of Article III,* any advantage, favour, privilege or immunity granted by any contracting party to any product originating in or destined for any other country shall be accorded immediately and unconditionally to the like product originating in or destined for the territories of all other contracting parties.

Is this post just going to be ignored?

Probably. We'll continue to be told that the Irish border issue is all the fault of the EU.

I don't know if people are bullshitting - or more likely, just blind to the obvious.

Probably. We'll continue to be told that the Irish border issue is all the fault of the EU.

I don't know if people are bullshitting - or more likely, just blind to the obvious.
Its not the first time this has been pointed out, its not the first time its been ignored only for someone to hope its been forgotten about and to then return a short time later to blame the EU again.

It wasnt thought about before the referendum and now the reality is hitting home the blame game is being played by those who refuse to own the consequences of their decision.

I find most brexiteers on here prefer emotions and sentiments rather than facts. The leave campaigns focused on exactly the same things, aimed for the heart not the head.

There is also the issue of sanitary and phytosanitary checks on the Irish border. This would exacerbated if Liam Fox's much dreamt of US trade deal was to be signed. The Americans have already said that UK food standards would need to be lowered as part of any deal to enable their dodgy chickens and even dodgier beef to be imported. Brussels, with higher food standards, don't want that crap entering the EU, which would then mean border checks.