PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Is lying exclusive to the Tory party ?

Ha ha. I posted earlier quite a list the traits and behaviours of people who abdicated responsibility and have allowed this damaging Tory cabal to grab power - supporting them and defending even their most outrageous and obvious abuses of power - blinded by “Get Brexit Done”. If I had written the list in the form of a bingo game, you’d already be on a full house.

Ha ha. I posted earlier quite a list the traits and behaviours of people who abdicated responsibility and have allowed this damaging Tory cabal to grab power - supporting them and defending even their most outrageous and obvious abuses of power - blinded by “Get Brexit Done”. If I had written the list in the form of a bingo game, you’d already be on a full house.

...and to think we could have had a brilliant politician leading the country like...... err... err Jo Swinson.

He has been reluctant so far I’ve got visions him of a bloke who used to go home and away with his wife who sat near me at Wembley in 2015. If it is he was a pleasant bloke
Was he wearing imitation leather and packing a white ponytail?

I'm sure I heard this would not be happening.

>
Nissan in talks to build Renault models at Sunderland plant Global overhaul set to include closure of Barcelona plant and 20% cut in production capacity Nissan’s Sunderland plant has the capacity to make the Kadjar and Captur as they sit on the same manufacturing system as its Qashqai and Juke vehicles

Nissan is in talks to build two Renault models at its Sunderland plant as part of a global overhaul of its operations to be announced this month.

The Japanese and French groups are discussing moving production of the Renault Kadjar and Captur models from Spain to the UK, to bolster output from Nissan’s flagship international factory, according to two people familiar with the talks.

Hands-up all you Brexiteers who said that ending EU regulation would leave us free to set our own standards and cheerily kidded yourselves with words like "There's nothing to stop us choosing the same, or better, food, environmental and farm welfare standards" IMO, that was the equivalent of you lot 'hiding in a fridge'. Just avoiding difficult questions when you knew what it would mean for our country. Perhaps for our world.

These sorts of measures will just get waved through parliament whilst everyone's looking at COVID. And yet... the extreme use of antibiotics in farming is IMO fairly likely to lead to the a not-too-distant pandemic as organisms mutate and become antibiotic resistant.

Just f*ck off.

Its the irony of those trumpeting making Britain great again and then applauding our race to the bottom in terms and standards and diplomacy, acceptance of incompetence and negligence in goverance and leadership on the basis that nobody else would do better and now a willingness to swallow that the international league table of good governance is a lie. We're still better than johnny foreigner. Ive long given up believing Im living generally alongside a majority of good and fair minded people.

Oh god, BC9 and John T are getting into a row now :)

No raefil

He just doesn't know when he's lost
Bit like that 'Dickhead' Campbell
An 80 seat majority says Boris won't change his mind, and nobody on this will make him with that majority
And I don't see many people wanting to continue paying the EU to prolong it
When this Virus thing is over we will have enough things to fork out on

Let them pay their own way

No raefil

He just doesn't know when he's lost
Bit like that 'Dickhead' Campbell
An 80 seat majority says Boris won't change his mind, and nobody on this will make him with that majority
And I don't see many people wanting to continue paying the EU to prolong it
When this Virus thing is over we will have enough things to fork out on

Let them pay their own way

Say £6billion pa to the EU against the debt we’re piling up. It was close to £1 trillion before COVID 19, add another £400 billion say, by this time next year.

The EU money pales into insignificance.

Well that’s your answer is it?

Even IF your figures are correct you are saying “pile another £6 billion onto our shoulders” every year the Transition period would last?

Glad you not my Financial Advisor or my Bank Manager

Say £6billion pa to the EU against the debt we’re piling up. It was close to £1 trillion before COVID 19, add another £400 billion say, by this time next year.

The EU money pales into insignificance.

What would we be paying for ? Given that no politician dare try and take us back in.. and we don't pay to trade with the rest of the world..

I read a US article basically summarising the present state of the world.. and the writer mentioned even in the depths of the Covid crisis the EU was intent on making sure that the UK didn't benefit from leaving. He was American so had no particular axe to grind on the subject..

I also read about Barnier saying "the UK could not have a Canada style free trade deal because we are too close to the EU." The implication is quite clear in that even in the depths of the Covid crisis.. they won't give us an FTA (even though it is in their interests as much as ours) for purely political reasons. They want to punish a country for a democratic decision. They're intent on grinding us into submission. They'd rather see a European country struggle than lose their influence.

Personally I've never responded well to intimidation.. do you really to go cap in hand to these people ?

In the real world trade will continue much as it did before.. Spain, France, Italy and Greece will be even more desperate for our tourist pounds after Covid.

Last edited:
What would we be paying for ?

I read a US article basically summarising the present state of the world.. and the writer mentioned even in the depths of the Covid crisis the EU was intent on making sure that the UK didn't benefit from leaving. He was American so had no particular axe to grind..

I also read about Barnier saying "the UK could not have a Canada style free trade deal because we are too close to the EU." The implication is quite clear in that even in the depths of the Covid crisis.. they won't give us an FTA (even though it is in their interests as much as ours) for purely political reasons. They're intent on grinding us into submission. They'd rather see a European country go down the pan than lose their hold on power.

Personally I've never responded well to intimidation.. do you really want us to go cap in hand to these people ?

In the real world trade will continue much as it did before.. Spain, France, Italy and Greece will need our tourist pounds even more after Covid.

I admire your consistency. Just let us know when the first of many promises of the benefits of leaving demonstrably come to fruition. Not the feel good because I feel free benefits, the tangible ones inc the net value added, not just the reduced membership fee. Im just waiting for Covid to be provided as a reason for scuppering all those magical trade deals that were so tantalisingly within grasp. Poor old us. Gave up our market share in anticipation of another better place only to find a world of shrinking markets, protectionism and inability to retain the markets we have left - because of viral management incompetence strangling the economy. Hanging ourselves.

What would we be paying for ? Given that no politician dare try and take us back in.. and we don't pay to trade with the rest of the world..

I read a US article basically summarising the present state of the world.. and the writer mentioned even in the depths of the Covid crisis the EU was intent on making sure that the UK didn't benefit from leaving. He was American so had no particular axe to grind on the subject..

I also read about Barnier saying "the UK could not have a Canada style free trade deal because we are too close to the EU." The implication is quite clear in that even in the depths of the Covid crisis.. they won't give us an FTA (even though it is in their interests as much as ours) for purely political reasons. They want to punish a country for a democratic decision. They're intent on grinding us into submission. They'd rather see a European country struggle than lose their influence.

Personally I've never responded well to intimidation.. do you really to go cap in hand to these people ?

In the real world trade will continue much as it did before.. Spain, France, Italy and Greece will be even more desperate for our tourist pounds after Covid.

Any other country wanting to leave would've got exactly the same treatment, and if we were still in, we'd be supporting that stance. You seem to assume it's personal, it isn't.

whoa hang on, what was it Johnson said?

the reality:

EYDjterXgAAINMA

EYDjteyWkAESnK3