PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

The definition of irresponsibilty. They dont have a clue what their vote might mean for the rest of us and then bleat and shift the blame when it bites them on the arse. I hope the French taxman takes them to the cleaners and theyre frogmarched to the nearest port for not having residency. Tossers.

My Germany's patchy but I think this says Johnsonā€™s dad is applying for a French passport to retain EU citizenship. Yes?

Its exactly what it says.

amazing isn't it.

Stanley Johnson was one of the first British MEPs and has always been staunchly pro-EU. He campaigned for Remain during the referendum.

The definition of irresponsibilty. They dont have a clue what their vote might mean for the rest of us and then bleat and shift the blame when it bites them on the arse. I hope the French taxman takes them to the cleaners and theyre frogmarched to the nearest port for not having residency. Tossers.
That is a funny thread, although I strongly suspect that it is satirical.

Stanley Johnson was one of the first British MEPs and has always been staunchly pro-EU. He campaigned for Remain during the referendum.

I'd forgotten about his pro-EU history and actually don't remember mention of him being an MEP!

I think his son was of similar mind, until he realised that Opportunity Knocked if he backed the other side.

That is a funny thread, although I strongly suspect that it is satirical.

Is that a polite way of saying "bullshit"?

It's got a lot of plausible language in it... but you have to wonder how so much happened all on one day... and he lost me when he said the son's boss had got in touch by WhatsApp to ask if the proposed visit was "an urgent family matter". Surely all too much.

Is that a polite way of saying "bullshit"?

It's got a lot of plausible language in it... but you have to wonder how so much happened all on one day... and he lost me when he said the son's boss had got in touch by WhatsApp to ask if the proposed visit was "an urgent family matter". Surely all too much.
It is :D

Looked like someone spinning a yarn to me, gradually getting wilder and wilder with their claims as they realise they are going viral.

Last edited:
Theyā€™ve only had four years, idiots, Iā€™d have been on to it from day one, if I had been in their position.

So freedom of movement ends and guess what?

I posted at 41540. No one appeared interested. Apparently all the Brexiteers must be content thereby demonstrating that immigration was just a convenient tool to engineer an exit whereby the likes of JRM could make a further personal fortune. No sign of Farage recommissioning his Bus with Hong Kong tippexed in.

Absolutely, started with an air of realism but has descended into farce. Perhaps the ā€œauthorā€ is looking for a publicist to pick up the story and publish his new fictional comedy. Itā€™s quite funny though.
It is quite funny and they know how to tell a story.

You could be right - I did a bit of background research and couldn't find any reference to the author or the series of books he claims to have written. Add in a stock image as a profile photo and I am dubious. Authors have to be shameless self-publicists.

It could be true, or based upon truth, but I am somewhat sceptical.

I have read through some of the replies on Twitter and comments on FB - lots of remainers slagging off Brexiters for being thick, uneducated, morons, unable to understand anything, not checking facts etc. If this is indeed satire and they have fallen for it...:D