PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Wishing something happens doesnt make it happen. This is from the Boris book of how not to govern. For him its just matter of hoping for the best and imagination. No concept of reality, or the hard yards. Whether or not Brexit is an economic success or not is nothing to do with will or belief systems. Its down to businesses and they will follow the money.
Which is what I have been saying for quite a while?

If there is money to be made despite any extra paperwork or bureaucracy, as regards trade with the EU
They will do it

(Sorry LiS, I hadn't clicked your link...)
Utter shite. Petty minded nonsense.

As, I think somebody said on the Ched Evans thread, just because it follows the law/rules/regulations doesn’t make it right.

I was neither leave nor remain I simply wanted the referendum result observed.

This is bureaucratic, ‘jobsworth’ nonsense.

I thought leaving the EU was supposed to solve that sort of thing.......

Even more disconcertingly, I can’t get a table football table delivered from England to Northern Ireland.

Looks like the kindly Italian manufacturers may ship one directly.

Utter shite. Petty minded nonsense.

As, I think somebody said on the Ched Evans thread, just because it follows the law/rules/regulations doesn’t make it right.
No it isn’t, this rule exists in most countries, Australia is probably the strictest.
You voted for it so stop whinging.

Last edited:
I thought leaving the EU was supposed to solve that sort of thing.......

Even more disconcertingly, I can’t get a table football table delivered from England to Northern Ireland.

Looks like the kindly Italian manufacturers may ship one directly.
Sadly this was always going to happen but there’s always someone who will enjoy pushing the rules to the absolute max. Bet they’re great company.

No it isn’t, this rule exists in most countries, Australia is probably the strictest.

I didn’t vote for it at all. I simply wanted the result to be observed.

As for the rules existing everywhere, I know that. You also know that most places ignore small amounts for immediate personal consumption.

I didn’t vote for it at all. I simply wanted the result to be observed.

As for the rules existing everywhere, I know that. You also know that most places ignore small amounts for immediate personal consumption.
1. Did you vote Brexit or not? You can’t squirm your way out of it by saying you actually wanted this that or the other. You voted for it, end of.

2. In non EU countries, you can smuggle food in your hand baggage but if you get it searched then you will be in trouble, even if it’s just a ham sandwich. This rule is for good reason, it avoids importing parasite and insects.

We chose to become a third country: this is the consequence. The whining from the likes of Francois and Bridgen is pathetic yet predictable. They do fail to mention that we imposed these rules on travellers coming into the UK from outside the EU for decades at international airports. I don't recall them describing that as petty.

America has very strict rules too and theyre enforced. We used to fly into Tampa Airport every year and they had a rather cute, if elderly, beagle sniffer dog who was tasked with sniffing out food in people's luggage on international flights. He was very good at it too. It's not as if people didnt know these were the new rules ffs. It does mean that I will no longer be able to take cheese down to Spain in the car for my neighbours who like some English regional cheeses. Strangely, Im not leaping up and down and blaming Spain for treating me unfairly. I accept that it is a consequence of Brexit along with all the other changes that are now in place.

1. Did you vote Brexit or not? You can’t squirm your way out of it by saying you actually wanted this that or the other. You voted for it, end of.

2. In non EU countries, you can smuggle food in your hand baggage but if you get it searched then you will be in trouble, even if it’s just a ham sandwich. This rule is for good reason, it avoids importing parasite and insects.
1 No - read my post and try to learn to trust people when they say no they didn’t vote for it, they simply wanted the result to be observed. I have been consistent on that for over 4 years.
2. Your attitude reminds me of the lovely person who wouldn’t let my 4 year old use a toilet because we had no Euro coins and they had no change. I then allowed my son to wee next to a nearby tree and he told me that I would face a fine. Petty minded cuntery.

1 No - read my post and try to learn to trust people when they say no they didn’t vote for it, they simply wanted the result to be observed. I have been consistent on that for over 4 years.
2. Your attitude reminds me of the lovely person
who wouldn’t let my 4 year old use a toilet because we had no Euro coins and they had no change. I then allowed my son to wee next to a nearby tree and he told me that I would face a fine. Petty minded cuntery.
This is no excuse either, simply wanting the vote to be observed was not an option. David Cameron made it quite clear at the the time that a note for Brexit would mean Brexit.

Btw, this country could teach Europe a lot about cuntery, we have more jobs worths here than I’ve seen anywhere else.