PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

This is no excuse either, simply wanting the vote to be observed was not an option. David Cameron made it quite clear at the the time that a note for Brexit would mean Brexit.

Btw, this country could teach Europe a lot about cuntery, we have more jobs worths here than I’ve seen anywhere else.
I researched until I was informed enough to decide I couldn’t choose and elected to abide by the decision of others. As is my right.

I researched until I was informed enough to decide I couldn’t choose and elected to abide by the decision of others. As is my right.
So why didn't you say this earlier!

I know two people who voted Brexit to give the EU a kick up the arse but didn't think that Brexit would actually happen. I thought that's what you meant.

So why didn't you say this earlier!

I know two people who voted Brexit to give the EU a kick up the arse but didn't think that Brexit would actually happen. I thought that's what you meant.
In fairness mer5ey has said this many times

We’ll get more of this, I’ve no doubt. Doesn’t mean some arsehole somewhere isn’t applying it over zealously and getting a kick out of it.
There will indeed be LOADS more of these aggravations built into our lives and businesses. And as with all rules, some will be applied more officiously by some people than by others. (borders do tend to be officious places).

The entire message from the leave campaign was that we would be able to “have our ham sandwiches and eat them”.

We could save our membership fee of £380m per week (a huge exaggeration) - but still retain all the benefits.

It was bollocks. These might only be a few butties but it illustrates a clear principle that Brexit means Brexit - and not the bullshit Rule Britannia version.

We have seen some predictions of “Project Fear” turn out, so far, to have been overstated. Others not. We know more than in 2016.

If the referendum had asked “Do you want to Remain in the EU or choose the Brexit, as delivered on 1st January?” do we think that Brexit would have been shown to be “the will of the people?”
  • Trade barrier WITHIN the UK (Border down the Irish Sea), hindering business between NI and the rest of the EU
  • Scotland polling like they will break from the UK (meaning likely perpetual Conservative government)
  • A number of global trade deals signed
  • People really understanding what “3rd country status” means (e.g. having your packed lunch confiscated in Calais)
I could bore you with a long list, including banks and other businesses actually leaving the UK for the EU - but I think the emotive and political gravity of even just the first bullet point or two would have brought a strong majority for Remain

1. Did you vote Brexit or not? You can’t squirm your way out of it by saying you actually wanted this that or the other. You voted for it, end of.

2. In non EU countries, you can smuggle food in your hand baggage but if you get it searched then you will be in trouble, even if it’s just a ham sandwich. This rule is for good reason, it avoids importing parasite and insects.

Could the more savvy lorry drivers not change their normal lunch from a ham to a gouda cheese sandwich and submit reimportation documentation?

This debate has me in stitches. Now we're still blaming the EU even though we're out for spoiling the benefits of Brexit. One of those being to be able to take our hamma sandwich and eat it ....in the EU.

Could the more savvy lorry drivers not change their normal lunch from a ham to a gouda cheese sandwich and submit reimportation documentation?

This debate has me in stitches. Now we're still blaming the EU even though we're out for spoiling the benefits of Brexit. One of those being to be able to take our hamma sandwich and eat it ....in the EU.
But Boris said we could have our cake AND eat it

in the EU

This will get worse before it gets better.

I actually think the Tories have abandoned the idea of unionism but just not changed the manifesto. Lose Scotland and they can’t lose Parliament.
which is what I warned right at the start of this whole debate.

They said, "Get rid of the Tories in the EU and then the tories here."

Al they have done is make them stronger.

Im not the one complaining. Im just watching things unfold with mirth. I hadnt appreciated that the realisation of Brexit benefits was going to stand or fall on the cross border restrictions on our packed lunches.
Sorry

I hadn't realised you were taking the 'P'
My excuse is it's easy to misunderstand what 'some' Remoaners are trying to achieve

Im not the one complaining. Im just watching things unfold with mirth. I hadnt appreciated that the realisation of Brexit benefits was going to stand or fall on the cross border restrictions on our packed lunches.
Is this story actually true? if it is then all I can say is eat your butty before getting to the border, that way it will give the powers that be more time to search for containerloads of illegal immigrants, drugs and the like. Jobs a good in.👍

Is this story actually true? if it is then all I can say is eat your butty before getting to the border, that way it will give the powers that be more time to search for containerloads of illegal immigrants, drugs and the like. Jobs a good in.👍

You need to take plenty of spam butties over there to avoid having to eat all that foreign muck.

I thought leaving the EU was supposed to solve that sort of thing.......

Even more disconcertingly, I can’t get a table football table delivered from England to Northern Ireland.

Looks like the kindly Italian manufacturers may ship one directly.

They have. For another £95.

A mere drop in the ocean as regards the true cost of Brexit of course.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

They get more outrageous every day. To admit she didnt read probably the most important document in her whole working life just highlights the flagrant disregard she has for her responsibilities to us and the fishermens livelyhoods. As well as the comfort and security the Cabinet and Ministers feels so long as they are nodding dogs to the gibbon.