PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Equally, I don’t understand why you can’t accept that the referendum was fundamentally flawed because one of the options was not deliverable without us unilaterally breaking a legally binding international peace treaty.

And guess what - the UK jumped at the chance to vote Leave and now thinks because we had a vote, that somehow makes it OK.

It’s ridiculous. And I fear that more scenes from Belfast last night are the resulting cracks beginning to show [ and I cannot emphasise how much I want to be wrong about that] - But it’s not convenient for you guys to admit it.

No it wasn't. It was a straight choice.Out or in. What was fundamentally flawed was the organisation that remainers wanted us to stay a part of.... Which I also believe was ridiculous. And still do

No it wasn't. It was a straight choice.Out or in. What was fundamentally flawed was the organisation that remainers wanted us to stay a part of.... Which I also believe was ridiculous. And still do

Let’s have a straight choice in a referendum whether or not to consider Cyprus to be British.

OK, if we voted Yes, I have no idea how we’d deliver it - and I suspect it might be against international door. But hey - it worked with Brexit and we could have cheap olives and great holidays.

Equally, I don’t understand why you can’t accept that the referendum was fundamentally flawed because one of the options was not deliverable without us unilaterally breaking a legally binding international peace treaty.

And guess what - the UK jumped at the chance to vote Leave and now thinks because we had a vote, that somehow makes it OK.

It’s ridiculous. And I fear that more scenes from Belfast last night are the resulting cracks beginning to show [ and I cannot emphasise how much I want to be wrong about that] - But it’s not convenient for you guys to admit it.
Sadly I think you are right about NI but that doesn't mean that people voted for it. They voted without being informed of this possible consequence. Wasn’t that also the responsibility of those campaigning for remain?

Let’s have a straight choice in a referendum whether or not to consider Cyprus to be British.

OK, if we voted Yes, I have no idea how we’d deliver it - and I suspect it might be against international door. But hey - it worked with Brexit and we could have cheap olives and great holidays.

Unsure what Cyprus has to do with the price of coffee but your spurious argument has one flaw............ In or out..simple

Sadly I think you are right about NI but that doesn't mean that people voted for it. They voted without being informed of this possible consequence. Wasn’t that also the responsibility of those campaigning for remain?

Ireland needs to have a good hard look at itself .....Why does the rest of the world have to suffer because of their stupidity?

Ireland needs to have a good hard look at itself .....Why does the rest of the world have to suffer because of their stupidity?
You need to put the bottle down. Yet another example of you acting like a dick about something you clearly know nothing about.

They did talk about it and in quite strong terms.

guess what?

Our media closed shop and kept it as quiet as possible.

Behave with the myxomatosis Reg.... We had a choice and took it.

You need to put the bottle down. Yet another example of you acting like a dick about something you clearly know nothing about.

You're on a side aren't you Padster?.......... You are actually part of the problem. You should be ashamed of yourself pal.

Behave with the myxomatosis Reg.... We had a choice and took it.

of course, there is no discussion to be had with you when you’re in this mood.

Yes we had a choice - and the people made a choice - but we had no right to be given that choice. Anyway. That’s it.

Last edited:
of course, there is no discussion to be had with you when you’re in this mood.

Yes we had a choice - and the people made a choir- but we had no right to be given that choice. Anyway. That’s it.
There will be no harmony tho, Reg :)

I thought Brexit was supposed to present new opportunities and that selling to the EU would be easy because “they need us more than we need them”.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/m...tml?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

The Mail is trying to blame the EU because of “new” import rules. They are not new rules at all.

They are new rules to the UK, but not to the EU as Johnson knew very well when he was spouting lies about oven ready deals and no customs border between NI and the rest of the UK.

And don’t get me started on the Brexit bullshit that exports to the EU will continue to flow freely because “they need us more than we need them”

Make no mistake, these aren’t teething problems, they are real and will impact on UK exports permanently, and needless to say, UK jobs.

I thought Brexit was supposed to present new opportunities and that selling to the EU would be easy because “they need us more than we need them”.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/m...tml?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

The Mail is trying to blame the EU because of “new” import rules. They are not new rules at all.

They are new rules to the UK, but not to the EU as Johnson knew very well when he was spouting lies about oven ready deals and no customs border between NI and the rest of the UK.

And don’t get me started on the Brexit bullshit that exports to the EU will continue to flow freely because “they need us more than we need them”

Make no mistake, these aren’t teething problems, they are real and will impact on UK exports permanently, and needless to say, UK jobs.

Not sure the Mail is blaming the EU at all - the way I read it, their reference to 'new' paperwork looks to be legitimately pointing to the new paperwork that they didn't need to complete before Brexit.

But fully agree with everything else. "They need us more than we need them" was always utter bullshit and a complete misuse of statistics. And of course the extra paperwork was also going to add a few percent to costs. Lots of people (including well educated ones) convinced themselves that this small price was a price worth paying for 'freedom'. But failing completely to understand that in the real world, for most businesses "a few percent" is the difference between profit and loss.

Not sure the Mail is blaming the EU at all - the way I read it, their reference to 'new' paperwork looks to be legitimately pointing to the new paperwork that they didn't need to complete before Brexit.

But fully agree with everything else. "They need us more than we need them" was always utter bullshit and a complete misuse of statistics. And of course the extra paperwork was also going to add a few percent to costs. Lots of people (including well educated ones) convinced themselves that this small price was a price worth paying for 'freedom'. But failing completely to understand that in the real world, for most businesses "a few percent" is the difference between profit and loss.
Maybe it’s me being cynical, but it read to me that they’re suggesting the paperwork was invented just for the UK.

Maybe it’s me being cynical, but it read to me that they’re suggesting the paperwork was invented just for the UK.
I thought the eu was one body? The same rules apply across the empire? Therefore there should be one set of forms for selling to any nation within that empire.

Just politicians doing what they do best, making a straightforward transaction difficult. A deliberate act, probably to punish, definitely to push their ideal.

I thought the eu was one body? The same rules apply across the empire? Therefore there should be one set of forms for selling to any nation within that empire.

Just politicians doing what they do best, making a straightforward transaction difficult. A deliberate act, probably to punish, definitely to push their ideal.
Bollocks

Theres no empire no matter how many times you say there is