PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

There were loads of pensioners that voted Brexit to bring back the 'good old days'. Some in my family. Must have passed you by.
I’m a pensioner that voted Brexit but “good old days” of a British Empire wasn’t even on my mind when I voted. I voted leave because what I voted for in the 70’s was far removed from what we were getting in 2016! amongst many other reasons.

I’m a pensioner that voted Brexit but “good old days” of a British Empire wasn’t even on my mind when I voted. I voted leave because what I voted for in the 70’s was far removed from what we were getting in 2016! amongst many other reasons.
My parents, both pensioners, voted to leave because they have visited us here and saw first hand what the EU did!

My parents, both pensioners, voted to leave because they have visited us here and saw first hand what the EU did!
You seem to put the blame 100% on the EU, but surely the Greek government got you into this financial mess in the first place. aren't they to blame also?

You seem to put the blame 100% on the EU, but surely the Greek government got you into this financial mess in the first place. aren't they to blame also?
Again, I have been through this many, many times. Try searching back through the thread because I have little inclination to keep explaining this concept to you over and over again.

Again, I have been through this many, many times. Try searching back through the thread because I have little inclination to keep explaining this concept to you over and over again.
It hasn't been revisited since before the referendum from what I remember, and I definitely don't remember being satisfied that the Greeks weren't partly to blame. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I think. :)

I had to go to A&E at my local hospital quite early yesterday morning, then go have for an X-Ray, then to see another doc. ( Nowt serious).

The place was quiet...loads of staff chatting. Relaxed .That in itself after Covid seemed somewhat surreal.

And no-one I saw was wearing a mask.

So, so glad to see such normality,after the plague, the ongoing war, the trials of Brexit.

Made I feel quite reflective. What a time we live in. It`s one thing after another.

Thank God we`re looking after the planet. :(
Whereas I was at an NHS Unit in wigan, on tuesday, where it is still compulsory to wear masks. In fairness, though, the unit I was at was highly likely to contain a very high proportion of extremely vulnerable people.

It hasn't been revisited since before the referendum from what I remember, and I definitely don't remember being satisfied that the Greeks weren't partly to blame. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I think. :)
If you had read anything I posted in the past, I have always been critical of Greek politicians, too.

As I said, the thread has a search function.

Whereas I was at an NHS Unit in wigan, on tuesday, where it is still compulsory to wear masks. In fairness, though, the unit I was at was highly likely to contain a very high proportion of extremely vulnerable people.
For this reason, it makes sense to me, pandemic or no pandemic.

Our local Health Centre still requires people to wear masks. Sick people are vulnerable, and they are more likely to visit a doctor than healthy people!

I am not the biggest fan of masks, as you know, but even I see the sense in wearing them in hospitals etc.

From memory...the Greeks were taking advantage of being in the Euro, but wouldn`t follow the financial rules, and had excessive government spending.
This came back to bite them when the debt crisis arose, and the EU, who had been badgering them for years to sort it out, got very tetchy, and somewhat spiteful.

Your daughter got ( the bit you left out ) her dream job and had to wait a couple of months. Some people wait years so stop whining. Please pass on my congratulations to her btw..... :)
Pointing out failings is not whining!

Thanks for your congrats. :)

You're welcome and I'm genuinely pleased for her. Swore to myself I'd not get involved with Brexit arguments but people keep dangling carrots..... :)
Much appreciated Lib.

I've just made myself the same promise on Brexit! :)

It's a pointless argument, we're out for the foreseeable future end of story. Massive mistake imo, but it's done. I honestly think that history will look back at that decision in bewilderment.

Still waiting to hear from the Brexiteers on here of ANY benefits we’ve seen so far or are likely to see in the foreseeable future.

Does the net migration from non- EU countries of 250,000 in the latest year count as a benefit- the “taking back control of our borders” they were promised?

Soaring inflation 80% of which, according to former Bank of England Official Adam Posen, stems from Brexit. Benefit?

The huge fall in UK Trade competitiveness since 2019. Benefit to our country?

Asking this question because in his latest interview the only Brexit benefit the Minister for Brexit Opportunities Jacob Rees-Mogg could come up with was the vaccine rollout and that was a complete lie. It was done under EU rules when we were still a member.

^^^. I was just fractionally late hitting the post button for this addition:

EDIT: Right... I've read the rest of it now... I thought you were taking the pee with that first sentence because I was clearly asking a hypothetical but NON-rhetorical question (if one can use 'non' in that way). But seeing the second use of the word rhetorical in the next sentence... do you mean 'hypothetical/hypothetically' rather than rhetorical/rhetorically?

Some fair criticisms made in the post... but my 10 minute editing window is about to end... and I need to go to bed!
Fucking hell, you've got my disease. worry not.

2.70 Euros for a 400ml draft beer in the pub opposite our place in Berlin.

Plenty of mullets on display and you can smoke inside. Seems to be open 24 hours as well.

In other words, unit full of fit young men, so he's either "scouting" or it's a STI unit. We must know.