PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

You missed a vital point. You buggers haven`t explained HOW it`s going to work, yet, because you won`t admit the problems.

And people are suffering now.

Another old business closed this week...Singletons, in Longridge. The challenges were many...but one stood out. In a statement, staff members had this to say`..
There were many paths and options to make a deal with the EU after the referendum, I doubt many leave voters expected the Tories to make a total balls up of it. Trade agreements with the EU should have been a priority concern, but that wasn't on the agenda for the right wing Tories. The Tory negotiators were inept and incompetent, I think Teresa May was way out of her depth as PM and her negotiations with the EU.

Then along came Bodger and his cronies who believed they could command the EU to agree to anything they put on the table, I doubt Bodger and his incompetent half-wits even considered options and compromises, it was their way or no way. His approach was arrogant, aggressive and full of the bluster that comes with the mentality instilled from his upbringing and childhood, and that particular group from Eton and Oxbridge. The way we left the EU was with no agreement, or of any value to this country, everything that Bodger said he would do wasn't done, he left with no deal and a bag full of false promises for the electorate.

The election that followed the referendum was the chance to oust the Tories, and again in 2019, but that never happened, after fucking up the negotiations on EU withdrawal, Bodger has continued with his incompetence by wrecking the economy and leaving the country in serious debt, not only that but in a situation that could result in mass strikes, civil unrest, and a breakdown of law and order.

Most leavers never voted for what the Tories have managed to achieve, which is precisely nothing of worth or value to the UK, I voted leave but never voted for the Tories ever, I thought at the time we would focus on revitalising our industries, farming, fishing and manufacturing. I wasn't a fan of the Eurocrats and their power over this country, imposing more laws on member states. I was all for a union such as the EEC and would be a willing supporter of that and trade agreements without full membership.

I have lived in Spain as a resident, lived in the Netherlands and for a short period in Germany, travelled extensively in Europe and I love the place. If I was fit and healthy and able to travel, I would apply for an Irish passport tomorrow, of which I am entitled to, my mother's side of the family originated in Dublin. I would be back off to Spain, spending a great deal of the time I have left on the planet in a country I love.

Last edited:
Three things concerned me about the covid response. Firstly, giving governments the power to lock people down and stop protests - once governments make such laws, they very rarely overturn them. Blair bringing in mass surveillance and restricting protests outside parliament for the 'War on Terror' is a similar example.

Strongly agree with this, I think whenever the police are given new powers they can't wait to use them! Long after whatever purpose they were designed for - the Criminal Justice Act had far wider implications than deadlocked travellers dancing in a field. I admit I am not up to speed but I don't know if any of the emergency covid legislation has been repealed. The latest police and crime bill has horrific implications for any kind of protest and I am sure the powers will be used

Strongly agree with this, I think whenever the police are given new powers they can't wait to use them! Long after whatever purpose they were designed for - the Criminal Justice Act had far wider implications than deadlocked travellers dancing in a field. I admit I am not up to speed but I don't know if any of the emergency covid legislation has been repealed. The latest police and crime bill has horrific implications for any kind of protest and I am sure the powers will be used

Perhaps it's time for the police to stand up and be counted rather than being puppets ?

You wont agree with everything this guy says, I certainly dont, but OMG hes got the majority absolutely spot on.

Going back to this, reflecting further, I think it a mistake to promote this clip. You make the point that “you may not agree with everything..” but that’s exactly the very point - and where he’s (deliberately or otherwise) trying to draw the viewer in.

He doesn’t say anything new - he makes points about elite supremacy that have been made by many others, but in the classic fashion of those who get swept up in conspiracy theories, once he’s got you nodding, he throws in a number of “alternative facts” that are shitty and divisive. Hence my observation that he’s just feeding off the other side of the same trough.

Going back to this, reflecting further, I think it a mistake to promote this clip. You make the point that “you may not agree with everything..” but that’s exactly the very point - and where he’s (deliberately or otherwise) trying to draw the viewer in.

He doesn’t say anything new - he makes points about elite supremacy that have been made by many others, but in the classic fashion of those who get swept up in conspiracy theories, once he’s got you nodding, he throws in a number of “alternative facts” that are shitty and divisive. Hence my observation that he’s just feeding off the other side of the same trough.
fair comments.

Yup - I have nothing against individual police. Most I have met have been decent - but, as an institution, I have many concerns, especially when it comes to mission creep with laws.

Knew a couple of people who were caught up in the Battle of the Beanfield. They had some pretty horrific stories.

You wont agree with everything this guy says, I certainly dont, but OMG hes got the majority absolutely spot on.

Seemed to me to be a perverse but clever way of promoting the agenda to deny the climate crisis. Its one thing to claim that there is a crisis but certain powers are exploiting it at the expense of the many, but another to claim theres no need to act and that we should just carry on digging for coal and gas. Which appears to be his underlying premise.

Seemed to me to be a perverse but clever way of promoting the agenda to deny the climate crisis. Its one thing to claim that there is a crisis but certain powers are exploiting it at the expense of the many, but another to claim theres no need to act and that we should just carry on digging for coal and gas. Which appears to be his underlying premise.
… which is surprising, given the persona he portrayed on Coast. If it is indeed him!

… which is surprising, given the persona he portrayed on Coast. If it is indeed him!

GB news is funded and promoted by the very same elites that he claims to be outing. Its the same populist methodology they used for Brexit, being played out now in relation to the climate and energy crises. He claims its all the elites plan ( stick in VDL’s name for good measure to get you frothing) to control you. Resist. When in fact the protagonists are seeking populist support to promote their fossil fuel agenda. Canny.

Open your eyes Reg... They exist.

Yup - I have nothing against individual police. Most I have met have been decent - but, as an institution, I have many concerns, especially when it comes to mission creep with laws.

Knew a couple of people who were caught up in the Battle of the Beanfield. They had some pretty horrific stories.

The Police tend to do as they are told.... Which isn't a trait worth bragging about to be honest..

The common sense ones that you gullible can't see...

You’re massively missing the point. Which is clearly that people (like him) weave together stories that are based on truths, half-truths, and nothing-like-the-truths.

Of course some of the non-mainstream “conspiracy theories” are fundamentally true - and including them is used to build trust and entice the”gullible” into being open to the half-truths and bullshit that are interwoven. Sliper was very good at it.

You’re massively missing the point. Which is clearly that people (like him) weave together stories that are based on truths, half-truths, and nothing-like-the-truths.

Of course some of the non-mainstream “conspiracy theories” are fundamentally true - and including them is used to build trust and entice the”gullible” into being open to the half-truths and bullshit that are interwoven. Sliper was very good at it.
Its not too long ago that people were destroying 5g masts.