PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Just wondering where all the export benefits are ?

Has anyone seen any?

In my world most European sales have dried up and no fucker is helping me to export to far flung places.....

Anyone got any good news?

Any positives to report....

Oh , and sending stuff to Northern Ireland is a lot more complicated too.
What do you manufacture that can't be sold to the UK market?

What do you manufacture that can't be sold to the UK market?

The UK market?

Hilarious lol, what UK market.....

UK market bumbling along, costs escalating at ridiculous rates, material shortages, no one wants to pay the prices etc......

Brexit has taken away the biggest easiest market and replaced it with fuck all.......

Might just be me, but if you don’t supply the NHS, or do building or roads or Premiership footy or building fighter planes then not a lot going on.

Lots of people employed on infrastructure stuff, telecoms, gas, electricity, water, councils, government jobs etc., but where is the manufacturing for export? Where is the country earning its wages? Still plenty of imports, not much going the other way.....

Obviously some folks are doing well because Preston is awash with new Porsche’s and Jaguar Preston have over a hundred new Range Rover orders, if you don’t mind waiting 18 months, and houses have been selling like hot cakes, then again it’s easy to buy that stuff with low interest rates, let’s see how that changes as they go up and up......

This winter is going to test a lot of family budgets and business finances.

What were the advantages again......

The UK market?

UK market bumbling along, costs escalating at ridiculous rates, material shortages, no one wants to pay the prices etc......

Brexit has taken away the biggest easiest market and replaced it with fuck all.......

Might just be me, but if you don’t supply the NHS, or do building or roads or Premiership footy or building fighter planes then not a lot going on.

Lots of people employed on infrastructure stuff, telecoms, gas, electricity, water, councils, government jobs etc., but where is the manufacturing for export? Where is the country earning its wages? Still plenty of imports, not much going the other way.....

Obviously some folks are doing well because Preston is awash with new Porsche’s and Jaguar Preston have over a hundred new Range Rover orders, if you don’t mind waiting 18 months, and houses have been selling like hot cakes, then again it’s easy to buy that stuff with low interest rates, let’s see how that changes as they go up and up......

So you don't manufacture anything?

Well, there is close to 69 million people in this country, is your product reliant on foreign trade, exports? Quality service and goods always have a market, even if it's on your doorstep.
So, basically, its fuck you, i got my unicorns so Im fine.

Seriously, whatever he manufactures or exported the fact hes lost trade should concern us all, there is something that could be done about it, ie rejoin the single market, but hey those unicorns.

The UK market?

Stop wetting your trousers....We left and quite rightly...Most of our current troubles have bugger all to do with leaving the EU.. Focus your efforts on ridding the Country of the parasites that supposedly lead us and have actually caused everything that you complain about above..

@ Fuck all to do with Brexit

Stop wetting your trousers....We left and quite rightly...Most of our current troubles have bugger all to do with leaving the EU.. Focus your efforts on ridding the Country of the parasites that supposedly lead us and have actually caused everything that you complain about above..

Twaddle. If you think that leaving the EU has had no (negative) impact on our economy you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Twaddle. If you think that leaving the EU has had no (negative) impact on our economy you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

That's not what I said.... It was always going to be a cause for concern and needed to be managed correctly but don't you try telling me that this shit show is down to Brexit and not the cunts that run this Country

Obviously it hasn’t affected you so you can prattle on like that.

Previously we regularly sent stuff to Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Spain and France.

We now just sell a bit to France.

I know of other businesses having the same problems.

And most of our current troubles would be there no matter who was in power, this lot have made a real shitshow of handling it but can’t see any others making it comfortable.

Imports up and exports down, the country is losing wealth rapidly, its only like a business, when incomes are bigger than outgoings you have a problem. And getting rid of your biggest market without a strategy to replace it is part of Boris the Liars Brexit Ballsup.

Obviously it hasn’t affected you so you can prattle on like that.

Previously we regularly sent stuff to Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Spain and France.

We now just sell a bit to France.

I know of other businesses having the same problems.

And most of our current troubles would be there no matter who was in power, this lot have made a real shitshow of handling it but can’t see any others making it comfortable.

Imports up and exports down, the country is losing wealth rapidly, its only like a business, when incomes are bigger than outgoings you have a problem. And getting rid of your biggest market without a strategy to replace it is part of Boris the Liars Brexit Ballsup.

According to you it's affected the whole country so how did i become immune ? I'm sorry but your love in with the Eu and the hierarchy at Deepdale don't resonate and never will.

The will of the people!

Well thats all worked well hasnt it?

The country voted for boris Johnson as PM, but weve had Truss elected by a few Tory members and now weve had Sunak elected by his mates.

Criticise Brexit and all hells let loose, democracy this democracy that. What a farce.

The will of the people!

Well thats all worked well hasnt it?

The country voted for boris Johnson as PM, but weve had Truss elected by a few Tory members and now weve had Sunak elected by his mates.

Criticise Brexit and all hells let loose, democracy this democracy that. What a farce.

Not wishing to criticise Brexit but in just the last 6 years we’ve already slipped from 9/10s to 7/10s of the size of the German economy.

Sorry to mention that. Let’s just ignore it.

Not wishing to criticise Brexit but in just the last 6 years we’ve already slipped from 9/10s to 7/10s of the size of the German economy.

Sorry to mention that. Let’s just ignore it.
To be fair everyones economies are struggling, the world is having a perfect storm, the effects will last for more than a generation at least. Brexit was botched, due to pigheadedness, and the inability to compromise, at the time, but seeing as we were told planes wouldn’t fly, intelligence regarding security, wouldn’t be shared etc, we all know now that was bullshit. If people can move without much, if any friction at all, ( we all fly to the costas still, no problem, ) then eventually if they haven’t any common sense, the rest will be sorted, and if that means joining a customs union, then do it, you don’t need to pay billions to do that, being able to jump on a plane for a holiday without a visa proves that. No one is going to shut down their main source of income. That’s my view anyway.

To be fair everyones economies are struggling, the world is having a perfect storm, the effects will last for more than a generation at least. Brexit was botched, due to pigheadedness, and the inability to compromise, at the time, but seeing as we were told planes wouldn’t fly, intelligence regarding security, wouldn’t be shared etc, we all know now that was bullshit. If people can move without much, if any friction at all, ( we all fly to the costas still, no problem, ) then eventually if they haven’t any common sense, the rest will be sorted, and if that means joining a customs union, then do it, you don’t need to pay billions to do that, being able to jump on a plane for a holiday without a visa proves that. No one is going to shut down their main source of income. That’s my view anyway.
an interesting video from Ros Atkins.

IMHO Brexit could still work but Starmers actions, prior to the 2019 election, have enabled the the Extreme Brexiteers, ERG Tories, complete free reign to pursue the ideological Brexit of their Wet Dreams.

When Truss was elected as PM there was much rejoicing amongst the tax payers alliance and the ERG because the knew theyd got their, "Man," to make Brexit harder than ever. To their credit the Tories were never going to allow this complete tanking of our economy.

Covid and the Ukraine debacle are out of our control and will continue to impact, negatively, the economy, for years to come however Brexit is totally within our control and a biting of the bullet and a return to common sense will quickly push our economy upwards by rejoining the single market and the customs union.

Will sunak do it?

Ive got a sneaky feeling that he might.

Last edited: