PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Bristol City v Preston North End - 5/08/23 - KO:3PM - Championship

So impressed by their Danish player, is a different class to anything else on the pitch.

Think Potts has pretty much nullified Pring all game

That Danish player is quite tasty… they won’t be keeping him for much more than a season.
OK, its just the first game, but its PNEs first game as well and they were stronger, won most 2nd balls, and on the front foot and, to me, they looked sharper and fitter.

I didn’t watch the game at all but I have seen the highlights and to say the goal would have been disallowed by VAR is total nonsense. If it had hit the hand of the scorer maybe it would.

The penalty would also have been given by VAR, so I suggest we got the rough end of the major decisions.

I know we have Scotty...(But for how long?) But Watching Preston's Mads Jensen today, made me think that he is just the type of creative midfielder we have been looking for for the past 4 seasons or so....and a snip at 1.3 Mill?

Preston, on the other hand, looked sharper, hungrier and fitter. They played some neat, clever passes. I was particularly impressed with Keane, who was good with head and feet, and their Danish midfielder.

Does anyone know what RL's game plan was on Saturday...after they scored we were much better but I dont get why we always start of on the backfoot defending until we go a goal down. Looking at his starting lineup was not great reading as most of the team were defensive players...there was only Mads, Keane and possibly Browne as the attacking players on the pitch.

Does anyone know what RL's game plan was on Saturday...after they scored we were much better but I dont get why we always start of on the backfoot defending until we go a goal down. Looking at his starting lineup was not great reading as most of the team were defensive players...there was only Mads, Keane and possibly Browne as the attacking players on the pitch.
I think you may have answered your own question.

It was my uncle Jack's butchers, think he was a Bentham
Last bus home .. you could catch the holes slack which was ten minutes earlier than the Moor Nook.. I used to go for the Moor Nook .. which meant a walk through the cemetery.. i half walked , half ran and whistled a lot.. I never believed that in a cemetery there’s nothing to worry about .. they are all dead ..