PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Bruno's Magpies v PNE - 05/07/23 - KO:16:00 (BST) - Friendly

Bambo's forearms are as big as Filipe's thighs!!!

Large
I hope Filipes mum or dad's as big as Bambo, still has time to grow then

Ryan Lowe said in his post match interview that the senior pros are trying to ‘protect’ themselves at the moment which he understands.
Having just watched the brief highlights and followed the game purely on the reports I suppose that would be one way of describing the first half.

Ryan Lowe said in his post match interview that the senior pros are trying to ‘protect’ themselves at the moment which he understands.
Having just watched the brief highlights and followed the game purely on the reports I suppose that would be one way of describing the first half.
Have to really don't they we need them all fit I need to remind myself what the current starting line up is

What was that defending by them in the 2nd half..was told by someone who watched it that they likened them to a semi pro/amateur team but reckon some amateur teams would of beat them

Just watched the highlights. Would have watched the livestream - did it actually work - but I had an invite to some rather posh drinks in a winebar in central London surrounded by very attractive young women wearing very tight skirts so I made the tough choice to go to that instead. But I thought about how we were getting on. Anyhow the worrying thing in those highlights was that through ball in the first half that just went straight through the centre of our defence - I am worried that Diaby apart we may lack pace there. The positive thing was the Rodriguez-Gentile finish - it was clinical in its precision. I did say before the match that the lad might give out supporters something to remember and so he did. It is ridiculous - he is only 16 but you actually expect him to score when he is on the pitch. Yes it will obviously be a while yet before he can be considered for anything other than the odd few minutes at the end of a match at Championship level but I have a feeling RL will give him that at some point. We need to bring in two strikers before the season starts.

Just watched the highlights. Would have watched the livestream - did it actually work - but I had an invite to some rather posh drinks in a winebar in central London surrounded by very attractive young women wearing very tight skirts so I made the tough choice to go to that instead. But I thought about how we were getting on. Anyhow the worrying thing in those highlights was that through ball in the first half that just went straight through the centre of our defence - I am worried that Diaby apart we may lack pace there. The positive thing was the Rodriguez-Gentile finish - it was clinical in its precision. I did say before the match that the lad might give out supporters something to remember and so he did. It is ridiculous - he is only 16 but you actually expect him to score when he is on the pitch. Yes it will obviously be a while yet before he can be considered for anything other than the odd few minutes at the end of a match at Championship level but I have a feeling RL will give him that at some point. We need to bring in two strikers before the season starts.

“Me, Ernest from PNE Online, in a wine bar in London, full of pretty girls with short skirts. With MY reputation?”

2D4Mmz.gif

I remember Woodburn with clinical finishes and a few worldies when he was in his teens - what happened? Let's hope FRG can progress further.

I remember Woodburn with clinical finishes and a few worldies when he was in his teens - what happened? Let's hope FRG can progress further.

That useless Klopp coached it all out of him.

Good finish from FRG again (they’re all decent in fairness). Looks like he’s two-footed, put that one away with his left with aplomb
You can see he's got something about him, the way he picks his shots and places them. Seems like a natural finisher.

Standard of opposition definitely a factor, but that's 2 in 2.

Only real highlight of the first half shows just how bad our defense is. Storey caught ball watching and Lindsay just stood around like it was somebody else's job to defend.
2nd half, the youth put the seniors to shame again. Good pressing and looked pretty press resistant too. Some good footy played by the lads and they're all looking decent so far. Hard to gauge the level of the opposition, probably around the top of non-league (obviously discounting the moneybag teams Notts and Wrexham) but also played in Europe, albeit because of the league they're in.
We'll see how they progress.

Can tell the senior pros are in injury avoidance and minutes in legs mode, whereas the kids are scrapping for everything with a point to prove. Some very tidy play by Leigh and Kamara in there, as well as the three young goalscorers.
Lewis Leigh was very good, Mawene took his chance well & put himself around. Seary is also a unit with pace… all very good prospects

Only real highlight of the first half shows just how bad our defense is. Storey caught ball watching and Lindsay just stood around like it was somebody else's job to defend.
Nothing to say on Browne's contribution there?

Lewis Leigh was very good, Mawene took his chance well & put himself around. Seary is also a unit with pace… all very good prospects
From the brief highlights he stood out to me.