PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Burnley pen yesterday

FredElseFlyer

Patron
Has anybody noticed Burnley fans rushing to apologise for having been given that softest of soft pens yesterday after Blake dived? No I thought not - what a bunch of whingeing hyppocrites.

Has anybody noticed Burnley fans rushing to apologise for having been given that softest of soft pens yesterday after Blake dived? No I thought not - what a bunch of whingeing hyppocrites.

They're not at all, what they are is a passionate set of fans whose games against PNE mean more to them than any other. You should be pleased that they get so wound up by the games against you, because that's what football is all about. I'm delighted we're playing Forest 3 times in a month, because the dislike is mutual and it makes for a great atmosphere.

Burnley don't give a rat's ass about West Brom, I bet to a man they'd happily swap yesterday's penalty award for one of the two not being given against them last week.

If you look you'll find that most Burnley fans- myself included- thought it was very soft. Do your research before you come out with unfounded rubbish in the future. :)

A couple of quotes found from about 30 seconds of searching Clarets Mad.

Why has nobody mentioned our penalty decision yesterday. Granted, it is about time that one went in our favour but the one yesterday was as soft as I have seen.

Just seen it on TV, and I think if that had gone against us I would have felt a bit aggrieved, very soft

and yesterday was a really really really soft blake pen

Surprised we got that pen.

i thought it was ok, better than the championship, very dodgy pen

dodgy pen, thats one back, more luck to come?

Very dodgy pen.
Soft pen for Burnley goal, but can see why it was given.
very dodgy penalty, we were lucky there.

No need in my book Fred.

Just shows what a load of tripe we had to put up with last week.

Disputed penalties are part and parcel of football. You win some; you lose some.

I thought those hillbilly freaks were just bad losers last week. Glad they got a penalty though, as it will help alleviate their persecution complex.

Note to Coyne: teach your fatty keeper to stay put unless he can get a hand on the ball

I thought those hillbilly freaks were just bad losers last week. Glad they got a penalty though, as it will help alleviate their persecution complex.

Note to Coyne: teach your fatty keeper to stay put unless he can get a hand on the ball

We got rid of Coyne;)

Neither of the pens we got were soft. They were just penalties.

If you bring down a striker in the box you concede a pen. If you handle the ball in the box you concede a pen.

I know this is difficult for you silly Dingle bastards to grasp but do your best.

Neither of the pens we got were soft. They were just penalties.

I didn't think you played yesterday, never mind got a penalty.

Either you havent understood we are discussing yesterday's game, or your helplessly stuck in the past. It only took us two or three days to get over the game at your place and yet you are still bitter. I feel for you, I really do.

Last edited:
It only took us two or three days to get over the game at your place and yet you are still bitter. I feel for you, I really do.
ive not read the thread but if my fellow north ender is referring to the 2 cast iron penalties and non existent foul before blakes free kick he is as right tonight as was the the ref at deepdale.

ive not read the thread but if my fellow north ender is referring to the 2 cast iron penalties and non existent foul before blakes free kick he is as right tonight as was the the ref at deepdale.

Clearly, but it has zero relevance to the thread. You guys seem to find any chance possible to take any thread out of context to mention those penalties. As I said, your very bitter.

Clearly, but it has zero relevance to the thread. You guys seem to find any chance possible to take any thread out of context to mention those penalties. As I said, your very bitter.

Zero relevance??? It is very relevant to the thread as we are talking about Hillbillies and their reaction to penalties.

We have established that Hillbillies make a big whining sound when they lose because of penalties scored against them.

We have further established that when this is pointed out to them, instead of accepting the point with humility, they lash out as you have done above.

Oh and it is "you're bitter, not your bitter". Back to school for you Dingle.:p

Not sure that is me lashing out. Certainly not to the extent of "how about fuck off" as posted by one of you lot yesterday to me yesterday, completely unprovoced.

And maybe zero revelance was a bit far, but little revelance. Not once have I on here (or indeed since the day after the game) mentioned the penalties we conceded against you. As pointed out, the PNE penalties are forgotten about over here, yet you guys seem to think we are still sore, bitter and angry about them, which is quite simply far from the truth.

Also, after Come Dine With Me exposed the average Prestonian, I don;t think your in any place to call anyone Hillbillies.:rolleyes:;)

Not sure that is me lashing out. Certainly not to the extent of "how about fuck off" as posted by one of you lot yesterday to me yesterday, completely unprovoced.

And maybe zero revelance was a bit far, but little revelance. Not once have I on here (or indeed since the day after the game) mentioned the penalties we conceded against you. As pointed out, the PNE penalties are forgotten about over here, yet you guys seem to think we are still sore, bitter and angry about them, which is quite simply far from the truth.

Also, after Come Dine With Me exposed the average Prestonian, I don;t think your in any place to call anyone Hillbillies.:rolleyes:;)

Blah blah blah blah .....feck off ferret keeper ;)

I think you ARE lashing out and you have just done so again. If someone tells you to eff off, deal with them. Don't harbour the feelings and then take it out on other people on other threads as you have done here.

You may have forgotten about the PNE penalties, but other people might not have done. It doesn't mean you have the right to dictate to them how long they should remember or not remember something.

The whining sound from the hills was very loud last week, you can't deny that.