PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bury fc future?

j.cranshaw

Academy
Hi,

I am contacting you on behalf of forever Bury and the supporters of Bury FC as a whole. I am sure you are aware of our current plight after expulsion from the EFL. We are currently in a state of limbo due to the unknown future of our club for a number of reasons which are documented with the attached document. The EFL will be meeting on the 26th September and we believe that all member clubs will be in attendance and duly taking a vote on if Bury FC are to be allowed back into the EFL at league 2 level.
So, we are requesting you please read the attached document, post it your forum’s, support our cause, lobby your supporters and ask your chair to give support within that vote on Bury’s future as part of the EFL season 20/21.

Thank you,
Yours in Sport
John Cranshaw on behalf of Forever Bury

A plea from your fellow members of the football family at Bury

Dear Robins,
As you will have seen, the past few weeks have been extraordinarily difficult for fans of Bury Football Club. The outpouring of support for our club and our town has been beyond touching and we’re incredibly grateful for every single message and action of support that we have received.
How can you help?
We’re writing to you today in the knowledge that there is an opportunity before us that would allow Bury to potentially compete in League Two next season. The EFL has said that it will consult with the 71 member clubs in the coming weeks ahead of a vote on 26 September to potentially readmit Bury at this level. We believe that this is a satisfactory solution for all concerned; it will keep the traditional league structure intact, as Bury would effectively be relegated from League One along with three other teams.
Your fellow football fans from Gigg Lane would be extremely grateful if your supporters’ group could lobby your club’s board of directors to vote in Bury’s favour when this proposal is put to them by the EFL.
Our two clubs undoubtedly have history and shared players who have given us both so much joy; just think of Liam Robinson who was as good for Bury as he was for The Robins. We cannot allow the story of Bury Football Club, founded in 1885, to fade away as the season continues. Football fans nationwide need to make their voices heard and make sure that Bury’s story does not become the norm for clubs up and down the country.
We’re not alone
Our repair process cannot be undertaken alone which is why we are writing to you, but it is important to note that Bury’s case is far from isolated either. Dozens of clubs in the EFL could find themselves in a similar situation to Bury and we need to ensure that their fans and their communities never feel as bad as Bury fans have felt in the summer of 2019. Not one of us would wish how we have felt over the past few weeks on our worst enemies.
Our community is grieving and will continue to grieve in the weeks and months to come. Many of us felt that losing our club overnight was unfathomable – but it happened. It’s not just the 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night that we miss either. We have had the intricacies and connections that make the whole match-going experience taken from us despite us, the fans, having done nothing wrong.
The actions of owners, past and present, have left a gaping hole in the heart of the community that will take us time to repair. Whilst financial mismanagement over a number of years by a select few has destroyed our club, it is the blameless supporters who are left dealing with the consequences of this recklessness.
Thank you

Once more, we would like to thank you for your support in recent weeks. The rallying of the football family in such dark days has been a shaft of light that shows what we can do when we come together. As Bury fans, we will continue to campaign for the reform and tighter regulation required to ensure the sustainable future of the football community that we hold so dear – but we need your help for this final push.
Yours in football,
Forever Bury

Good luck, sad to see that your womens team is also not fulfilling its fixtures either, this season.

The above seems a good compromise and hopefully youll get a new owner on board and begin the process of rebuilding your club in a sensible and sustainable manner.

Good luck, sad to see that your womens team is also not fulfilling its fixtures either, this season.

The above seems a good compromise and hopefully you'll get a new owner on board and begin the process of rebuilding your club in a sensible and sustainable manner.
thanks for your reply. yep the owner has released everybody associated with the club other than football manager and media officer, every player, academy, women's team, all staff and match-day staff gone. not to mention the impact on the town and businesses. this is why we are trying to get support from all EFL teams supporters to try and persuade their chairmen to support us on the 20 and 26th of this month at the meetings. what has escaped the media to a certain extent is this current owners total neglect of everyone else concerned with the club and town in his goal to achieve whatever he sees as the future. please try and push every you can for support. thanks

Hi,

I am contacting you on behalf of forever Bury and the supporters of Bury FC as a whole. I am sure you are aware of our current plight after expulsion from the EFL. We are currently in a state of limbo due to the unknown future of our club for a number of reasons which are documented with the attached document. The EFL will be meeting on the 26th September and we believe that all member clubs will be in attendance and duly taking a vote on if Bury FC are to be allowed back into the EFL at league 2 level.
So, we are requesting you please read the attached document, post it your forum’s, support our cause, lobby your supporters and ask your chair to give support within that vote on Bury’s future as part of the EFL season 20/21.

Thank you,
Yours in Sport
John Cranshaw on behalf of Forever Bury

A plea from your fellow members of the football family at Bury

Dear Robins,
As you will have seen, the past few weeks have been extraordinarily difficult for fans of Bury Football Club. The outpouring of support for our club and our town has been beyond touching and we’re incredibly grateful for every single message and action of support that we have received.
How can you help?
We’re writing to you today in the knowledge that there is an opportunity before us that would allow Bury to potentially compete in League Two next season. The EFL has said that it will consult with the 71 member clubs in the coming weeks ahead of a vote on 26 September to potentially readmit Bury at this level. We believe that this is a satisfactory solution for all concerned; it will keep the traditional league structure intact, as Bury would effectively be relegated from League One along with three other teams.
Your fellow football fans from Gigg Lane would be extremely grateful if your supporters’ group could lobby your club’s board of directors to vote in Bury’s favour when this proposal is put to them by the EFL.
Our two clubs undoubtedly have history and shared players who have given us both so much joy; just think of Liam Robinson who was as good for Bury as he was for The Robins. We cannot allow the story of Bury Football Club, founded in 1885, to fade away as the season continues. Football fans nationwide need to make their voices heard and make sure that Bury’s story does not become the norm for clubs up and down the country.
We’re not alone
Our repair process cannot be undertaken alone which is why we are writing to you, but it is important to note that Bury’s case is far from isolated either. Dozens of clubs in the EFL could find themselves in a similar situation to Bury and we need to ensure that their fans and their communities never feel as bad as Bury fans have felt in the summer of 2019. Not one of us would wish how we have felt over the past few weeks on our worst enemies.
Our community is grieving and will continue to grieve in the weeks and months to come. Many of us felt that losing our club overnight was unfathomable – but it happened. It’s not just the 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night that we miss either. We have had the intricacies and connections that make the whole match-going experience taken from us despite us, the fans, having done nothing wrong.
The actions of owners, past and present, have left a gaping hole in the heart of the community that will take us time to repair. Whilst financial mismanagement over a number of years by a select few has destroyed our club, it is the blameless supporters who are left dealing with the consequences of this recklessness.
Thank you

Once more, we would like to thank you for your support in recent weeks. The rallying of the football family in such dark days has been a shaft of light that shows what we can do when we come together. As Bury fans, we will continue to campaign for the reform and tighter regulation required to ensure the sustainable future of the football community that we hold so dear – but we need your help for this final push.
Yours in football,
Forever Bury
Good luck, I hope you get allowed into league 2 and don't have to start from the bottom, burreh IS a proper club. And more importantly, the first team after pne that I managed on footy manager . Got a soft spot for burreh now. Good luck pal

Best of luck.

Maybe JK as forum leader could put up a poll to find out our feelings. Question could be “The EFL is to canvass opinions of all 71 clubs about a proposal to readmit Bury FC into League Two next season. How do you feel about the proposal?”
  • Strongly agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Neutral/don’t know
  • Disagree
My own view is strong enough to suggest JK sends a personal message to all forum members to alert people of the poll, in order to get a good turnout. Then deliver the result by next Tuesday at the latest.

Those who feel strongly could individually email the club too.

Sorry to suggest work for you JK! What do you and others think?

should the club's future, i.e. owner and future financial security not be established first before any vote on what level bury rejoin?

this is a genuine question

if not don't the league again risk the absolute mess of this season, next season, just in a lower division?

i fully appreciate where the support stand on this but the integrity of the overall competition is my perspective

The above seems a good compromise and hopefully youll get a new owner on board and begin the process of rebuilding your club in a sensible and sustainable manner.

Ever thought about seeking proffessional advise about this fetish?

It’s a very sad situation and hard to imagine Bury without a football team...

My wife is from Bury and knows a few people who used to follow them home and away ( what do they do every Saturday now ? )

Good luck with the new proposal......

you shouldn't have been dumped but it's happened now. Must have been a double-blow to get promoted then disappear. However, how can you possibly join the 2nd tier with no players, manager or staff? The guarantees required at this level seem impossible. It may be better to go down the non-league route and build your way up correctly, on strong foundations. I mean, if the club plays fair and doesn't get involved until the end opf the season then what calibre of player/manager/staff is going to take a risk & sign for a club that did not run the day before ? You'd probably end up relegated anyway.
Another point is that you will have an unfair advantage. Other clubs are suffering on but you get the opportunity of dropping all the dead wood with a year to prepare and to tap players up. I guess the administration would have to happen now whilst you are not a league football club...and, as a club, releasing all your players then begging to come back in the year after seems a bit of a piss take imo. I mean the club itself and not the fans.

I think that any return to the EFL would have to be caveated with them having a manager in place and a full squad of players by say the end of March 2020..... and obviously proof that they have the funds

Best of luck.

Maybe JK as forum leader could put up a poll to find out our feelings. Question could be “The EFL is to canvass opinions of all 71 clubs about a proposal to readmit Bury FC into League Two next season. How do you feel about the proposal?”
  • Strongly agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Neutral/don’t know
  • Disagree
My own view is strong enough to suggest JK sends a personal message to all forum members to alert people of the poll, in order to get a good turnout. Then deliver the result by next Tuesday at the latest.

Those who feel strongly could individually email the club too.

Sorry to suggest work for you JK! What do you and others think?

I " Strongly Agree " and have e mailed PNE.... Hope it works.

you shouldn't have been dumped but it's happened now. Must have been a double-blow to get promoted then disappear. However, how can you possibly join the 2nd tier with no players, manager or staff? The guarantees required at this level seem impossible. It may be better to go down the non-league route and build your way up correctly, on strong foundations. I mean, if the club plays fair and doesn't get involved until the end opf the season then what calibre of player/manager/staff is going to take a risk & sign for a club that did not run the day before ? You'd probably end up relegated anyway.
Another point is that you will have an unfair advantage. Other clubs are suffering on but you get the opportunity of dropping all the dead wood with a year to prepare and to tap players up. I guess the administration would have to happen now whilst you are not a league football club...and, as a club, releasing all your players then begging to come back in the year after seems a bit of a piss take imo. I mean the club itself and not the fans.

?