PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Matchday Thread Bury FC v PNE XI - 09/07/23 - KO:15:00 - Friendly

Really enjoyed that.............. And a big thanks to Bury for making it available ( and Phil for the link)....

Dear Bury........... Please pass onto our fat controller that's currently with you how to keep supporters happy. He won't bloody listen but tell him anyway ;)

3 nil. Some good goals too. But difficult to assess against a Northern Counties Premier League side with a lot of trialists. Lads looked composed & good in possession with some neat touches. Definitely some potential there especially Maewne Slater Leigh & Pradic. Rodriguez-Gentile looked a bit weak tho but has a bit of skill.

Fensome isn’t it ??
Harrison and Fensome....

Welsh replaced Gally with U 16's but seems to have moved up to U18's too since the 3rd coach left.

Today they had a number of players playing out of position hence their passing and moving wasn't as slick as it often is.
Best is not normally a middle CB; Slater not previously a LCB before this season; Kamara never a LWB; Mawene not usually a sitter and FRG not used as a 10...
that to me is why they created very few chances for the front two.....who are also not normally a front two!!!

Ive no idea about the subs....

Harrison and Fensome....

Welsh replaced Gally with U 16's but seems to have moved up to U18's too since the 3rd coach left.

Today they had a number of players playing out of position hence their passing and moving wasn't as slick as it often is.
Best is not normally a middle CB; Slater not previously a LCB before this season; Kamara never a LWB; Mawene not usually a sitter and FRG not used as a 10...
that to me is why they created very few chances for the front two.....who are also not normally a front two!!!

Ive no idea about the subs....

I thought it looked more like a 4-3-3, honestly.

Pradic
Seary, Taylor, Best, Slater
Leigh, Mawene, Kamara
Neilson, Rodriguez-Gentile, O'Neill

Perhaps a good indication of where this group is is that 12 months ago the majority of today's team lost 3-2 to Longridge who are the same level as Bury. Since then every player has improved, some massively. A few deserve to be in the first team squad on merit, rather than just making up the numbers. The youth is perhaps the one bright thing within the club at the moment.

Ryan Lowe thinks giving a young lad 2-5 minutes at the end of a game is giving youth a chance, when infact it’s only a token gesture. Some of these lads are good enough to be squad players and play the odd half hour here and there. We have far too many senior squad players warming the bench and the stands, and they are hindering the progress of some of these young lads. We know they’re not ready for being thrown into the first team proper just yet, but they do need to be getting more experience under their belts than they are. Maybe this season, they will get more of a chance but I’m not holding my breath.

Ryan Lowe thinks giving a young lad 2-5 minutes at the end of a game is giving youth a chance, when infact it’s only a token gesture. Some of these lads are good enough to be squad players and play the odd half hour here and there. We have far too many senior squad players warming the bench and the stands, and they are hindering the progress of some of these young lads. We know they’re not ready for being thrown into the first team proper just yet, but they do need to be getting more experience under their belts than they are. Maybe this season, they will get more of a chance but I’m not holding my breath.
From memory thats 2-5 mins more than Alex Neil gave them.

History shows that there are very few who make the breakthrough from our youth squads, sadly.

Sorry guys, I didn’t mean it to sound like a dig at RL as it’s clear that previous managers haven’t given youth a chance either. The only difference with RL is that he has stated that he intends to give youth a chance and up until now that has only amounted to the odd few minutes here and there.

Sorry guys, I didn’t mean it to sound like a dig at RL as it’s clear that previous managers haven’t given youth a chance either. The only difference with RL is that he has stated that he intends to give youth a chance and up until now that has only amounted to the odd few minutes here and there.

Seemingly he won't have a choice unless things drastically change.... Having said that, what RL says I tend to take with a pinch of salt. He flip flops even more than Ron. :D

John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band - 1969.