PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Can we get into a Play-Off place?

Of the maximum 12 games against the current Bottom 6, we have played 10 games with just Luton (a) and Huddersfield (a) to come.

We have won all 10. Maximum points gathered so far.

Burnley did this winning all 12 to go up.

Just saying.

I mentioned this at the time they got promoted and if memory serves me well, they only dropped about 2 points off the bottom 10. It was clear that Dyche targeted the bottom clubs that season, and tried to not lose to clubs in the top half.

i hadn’t realised what you said about us this season JD, and I think it’s a great point. It looks to me that AN has taken a similar approach this season. Let’s hope he gets rewarded with the same outcome.

Praying Maguire can nick a goal, get a confidence boost and find form similar to when he first arrived.

Doing a good job for the team at present but we'll look a serious outfit if he rediscover that sharpness in the penalty area.

Expecting Sinclair to really kick on too, particularly in home games.

Got to be targeting 6 from 6 at home going into those two mammoth away games in a couple of weeks.

Of the maximum 12 games against the current Bottom 6, we have played 10 games with just Luton (a) and Huddersfield (a) to come.

We have won all 10. Maximum points gathered so far.

Burnley did this winning all 12 to go up.

Just saying.

Well JD, you got my curiosity going with this post, so I’ve had a further look into it.

We‘ve only lost one game against one of the current top 9 teams, and that was when WBA cheated us at Deepdale.

However, 8 of our 9 defeats have come against teams currently sitting between 10th & 18th in the table.

4 of our next 5 fixtures are against teams that have beaten us earlier in the season.

West Brom can do us a massive favour over the rest of the season. Their next two games are Forest and Bristol City, and still have to play Swansea, Brentford, Blackburn and Fulham. Apart from against ourselves, I hope they walk the league.

Praying Maguire can nick a goal, get a confidence boost and find form similar to when he first arrived.

Doing a good job for the team at present but we'll look a serious outfit if he rediscover that sharpness in the penalty area.

Expecting Sinclair to really kick on too, particularly in home games.

If Maguire's header against Wigan had gone in, he'd be in the good books (for a while).

Well JD, you got my curiosity going with this post, so I’ve had a further look into it.

We‘ve only lost one game against one of the current top 9 teams, and that was when WBA cheated us at Deepdale.

However, 8 of our 9 defeats have come against teams currently sitting between 10th & 18th in the table.

4 of our next 5 fixtures are against teams that have beaten us earlier in the season.

This just shows we are shite against mid table teams. Having said that we have played a lot of those away from home (6 of 8)

I fully expect to beat Hull and Milwall. Millwall would be tough but we have to be taking maximum points from most of our home games.

Two wins and a draw from our next four games will put us on 60 points. I think 83 will be enough for second this season.

Millwall are a tough side who will defend deep, and we often have trouble against that kinda side.

If we can steal a win, that will be a great result, but gonna be tough to get through. Either gotta play through them, or get a lucky break from a set piece or hitting them on the break for me. Not gonna beat em with long balls to Nugent or Stockley, and they might be too deep for the balls into the channels for Barky and Sinclair to be effective.

We now have 2 home games that we will be favourites to win, a bit like the 2 home games against Reading and Middlesbrough. Nothing can be taken for granted in this league, but if we could win these 2 home games we will be in a great position.

The concerning fact about the 8 games that we’ve lost to mid table teams, is that we’ve failed to score in 7 of them.

Crazy to think we've still got Bodin and Moult out injured. With all the recent heroics they're quickly becoming forgotten men.

Wonder if that makes it easier or harder to fit back in to the team, when this current lot are gelling so well and building such positive team spirit.