PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Capital punishment

Do you agree with Capital Punishment?

• Yes

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Yes- but only in exceptional circumstances

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
From personal experience, some crimes deserve capital punishment.
My daughter was sexually assaulted at 11 years old on holiday and she has suffered severely with mental health since by self-harming,suicide attempts and has been in low secure unit in Greater Manchester for the last 12 months.
It has also really affected her twin sister who has battled anxiety and anerexia for the last 2 years.
The last 5 years have been living hell for my wife and myself and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Make no mistake, I would not bat an eyelid or give a seconds thought in ending the life of the deviant who has caused our family so much pain.
I have absolutely no words to even begin to understand your family’s situation so for once I’m not going to even try.
But may i offer you up in my thoughts and prayers if that’s ok

Last edited:
I have absolutely no words to even begin to understand your family’s situation so for once I’m not going to even try expect to offer you up in my thoughts and prayers if that’s ok
Thank you for the kind words.

I have found it really difficult to talk openly about it. I feel a lot of guilt and also some days I feel really angry like I could snap like the character Michael Douglas plays in the film Falling Down.

Distraction has been the best way of me getting through and this forum really helps me especially with being limited on what you can do with the current covid situation

I have found it really difficult to talk openly about it. I feel a lot of guilt and also some days I feel really angry like I could snap like the character Michael Douglas plays in the film Falling Down.

Distraction has been the best way of me getting through and this forum really helps me especially with being limited on what you can do with the current covid situation
As a father I can understand the guilt. They are always our babies and it nature to protect so don’t fight that emotions, it’s just human nature and just goes to show how much you love her- just try to temper it with the incredible amount of unconditional of love you have and will continue to give.
Distraction isn’t a bad thing but don’t let it fog over your emotions, you have yourself to think of also and that is anything other than selfish

I dont want to hijack the thread and I had been considering sharing my experiences on the mental health forum for quite some time as this subject is very emotive for me.

As I understand it, in the majority of cases, sex offenders are repeat offenders and rehabilitation rarely helps them and they are likely to carry on once they are released. In my opinion, anyone who has the mental capacity to make that decision that it is ok to pray on innocent children or the elderly do not deserve to belong on this planet.

I don't agree that capital punishment should be used in every murder cases though. I personally don't think it is a deterrent. If I ever got the opportunity to meet the person who attacked my daughter, the thought of any form of punishment I might receive, wouldn't even enter my mind.
I’m so sorry to hear about your daughters’ experiences and I truly hope life gets better for all of you.

what it makes me think is, it’s always easier to form ideals in principles but, when something affects you personally it puts a totally different perspective on everything. I do think a serial child molester or rapist should have life sentences i.e two strikes and its life, until you die.

It truly is a shocking story and I hope that one day your daughter(s) will find some respite from her horrible feelings of anxiety and stress...

I know how I would feel if one of my children had been abused like that, but you should not feel guilt - you can not be with them every waking minute “ Roger “

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..... please take care of yourselves.

It truly is a shocking story and I hope that one day your daughter(s) will find some respite from her horrible feelings of anxiety and stress...

I know how I would feel if one of my children had been abused like that, but you should not feel guilt - you can not be with them every waking minute “ Roger “

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..... please take care of yourselves.
I can't imagine how RM feels Ando.
It was bad enough when one of my lads (13 at the time school kid) was severely beaten up by several older youths and ADULTS about 4 years ago.
The rage inside I can't explain.
I knew where some of them lived and my wife literally had to beg me not to take matters into my own hands telling me that it would be me that would be sent down if I did what I was going to do.
The result was that i left it to the authorities who visited said assailants several times and interviewed "witnesses ".
Everyone clammed up and as a result, no prosecutions.
It still grates.

I have voted yes,but it would only be for certain offences like murder,and only if there was no doubt they were guilty,I actually heard a podcast earlier this week where John Parkin was discussing his time at Forest Green,he mentioned how the Forest Green chairman believes that everyone deserves a second chance,and the kit man was a convicted murderer

I have voted yes,but it would only be for certain offences like murder,and only if there was no doubt they were guilty,I actually heard a podcast earlier this week where John Parkin was discussing his time at Forest Green,he mentioned how the Forest Green chairman believes that everyone deserves a second chance,and the kit man was a convicted murderer
Well who ever thought their kit looked good needs locking up at best.

I can't imagine how RM feels Ando.
It was bad enough when one of my lads (13 at the time school kid) was severely beaten up by several older youths and ADULTS about 4 years ago.
The rage inside I can't explain.
I knew where some of them lived and my wife literally had to beg me not to take matters into my own hands telling me that it would be me that would be sent down if I did what I was going to do.
The result was that i left it to the authorities who visited said assailants several times and interviewed "witnesses ".
Everyone clammed up and as a result, no prosecutions.
It still grates.
Feral Bastards...... easy for me to say , but I wish that you had gone around to their houses and blown their kneecaps off with a gun !!!

That’s the weirdo who wants everyone to be vegans ( sorry vegans )

How did Parkin go with the Vegan diet. I thought the owner banned all meat products from the stadium and training ground. Just can't picture Jon Parkin eating quinola cakes with peanut tofu 🤣

Feral Bastards...... easy for me to say , but I wish that you had gone around to their houses and blown their kneecaps off with a gun !!!
That's exactly what they are Ando and there were adults involved that were no better.
There's a part of me that still thinks I let my son down despite my wife's common sense approach.
The thing is, my lad stood up to them at the time and is now a seriously good young thai boxer. I'd love one or two of them to try it on now.