PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Capital punishment

Do you agree with Capital Punishment?

• Yes

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Yes- but only in exceptional circumstances

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
From personal experience, some crimes deserve capital punishment.
My daughter was sexually assaulted at 11 years old on holiday and she has suffered severely with mental health since by self-harming,suicide attempts and has been in low secure unit in Greater Manchester for the last 12 months.
It has also really affected her twin sister who has battled anxiety and anerexia for the last 2 years.
The last 5 years have been living hell for my wife and myself and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Make no mistake, I would not bat an eyelid or give a seconds thought in ending the life of the deviant who has caused our family so much pain.

My daughter was sexually assaulted at 11 years old on holiday and she has suffered severely with mental health since by self-harming,suicide attempts and has been in low secure unit in Greater Manchester for the last 12 months.
It has also really affected her twin sister who has battled anxiety and anerexia for the last 2 years.
The last 5 years have been living hell for my wife and myself and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Make no mistake, I would not bat an eyelid or give a seconds thought in ending the life of the deviant who has caused our family so much pain.
Jesus Christ mate🥺

So, so sorry your daughter has been through that ordeal and the horrific repercussions that both she and your family are now having to deal with.

I pray you all find the strength to get through this, I really do and I hope the sick bastard responsible gets hard justice served to him.

Thoughts are with your daughters and yourselves😔

I really am torn between no and only in exceptional circumstances, head says, yes heart says no, so maybe option 3 is nearer where I’m at.🤔

Bloody hell, that’s awful, hope they both come through this and you and your wife, no wonder you feel like you do. Totally understandable. keep strong .

I dont want to hijack the thread and I had been considering sharing my experiences on the mental health forum for quite some time as this subject is very emotive for me.

As I understand it, in the majority of cases, sex offenders are repeat offenders and rehabilitation rarely helps them and they are likely to carry on once they are released. In my opinion, anyone who has the mental capacity to make that decision that it is ok to pray on innocent children or the elderly do not deserve to belong on this planet.

I don't agree that capital punishment should be used in every murder cases though. I personally don't think it is a deterrent. If I ever got the opportunity to meet the person who attacked my daughter, the thought of any form of punishment I might receive, wouldn't even enter my mind.

That’s just awful to read. Good luck going forward, I hope you all find some peace at some point, must be hell.

Did the animal that created all this receive any punishment?

I dont want to hijack the thread and I had been considering sharing my experiences on the mental health forum for quite some time as this subject is very emotive for me.

As I understand it, in the majority of cases, sex offenders are repeat offenders and rehabilitation rarely helps them and they are likely to carry on once they are released. In my opinion, anyone who has the mental capacity to make that decision that it is ok to pray on innocent children or the elderly do not deserve to belong on this planet.

I don't agree that capital punishment should be used in every murder cases though. I personally don't think it is a deterrent. If I ever got the opportunity to meet the person who attacked my daughter, the thought of any form of punishment I might receive, wouldn't even enter my mind.
Your postings, over the years, have consistently brought laughter to the forum.

Roger, if its OK by you, a massive man hug, no make it a family hug, from my family to yours.

That’s just awful to read. Good luck going forward, I hope you all find some peace at some point, must be hell.

Did the animal that created all this receive any punishment?
As I previously said, I don't want to take over this thread, but short answer is no. The incident happened the second to last day of our holiday in Egypt, it was a local. The full details have took a long time for my daughter to disclose. It has robbed her of her teenage years, she is a completely different girl now and it will be a long road for her to recover.

As I previously said, I don't want to take over this thread, but short answer is no. The incident happened the second to last day of our holiday in Egypt, it was a local. The full details have took a long time for my daughter to disclose. It has robbed her of her teenage years, she is a completely different girl now and it will be a long road for her to recover.
Sorry to hear this Roger.

Sounds like she has a lot of love and support which while it can't take away what has happened will make a massive difference to the healing process.

And this from a father who although his daughter was sexually attacked was not killed although for her experience, she and his family have my deepest sympathy

Imagine how Fathers and Mothers feel about a daughter being killed by such low life?
These ‘scum’ are no use to Society, if they were Dogs they would be ‘put down’ which is what these people should be IMO

Your postings, over the years, have consistently brought laughter to the forum.

Roger, if its OK by you, a massive man hug, no make it a family hug, from my family to yours.
Thank you, I really appreciate that. I quite often disagree with some of your opinions but I always thought you have come across as a thoroughly decent person.

I don't often get involved in a lot of threads especially the "serious stuff" as to be honest I don't have the time, but this forum is a bit of an escape for me which helps me deal with my stuff. Humour is another way that distracts me and I try to be as light hearted as possible when I post.

Well the answer isn't to therefore revert back to murdering people, we need to press our elected leaders for justice/sentencing reform.
Yes quite right, we have to move forward not revert to old and antiquated laws. Thank God we will never pass anything in Parliament that sends us back there.

So shocking on every level. So sorry for what you and your family have been through, and continue to go through.

Keep being there for each other. Good luck.