PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Carlo Nash

The amount of stories I've read aligning with these sorts of situations with this club has finally got to me this last year. Every one another nail in the coffin.

I'm 26, had a season ticket since 11 and followed us absolutely everywhere over the years. But at this point I really cant see myself signing up again after all this is over with. There comes a point where you just think why? The levels of incompetence are mind blowing with examples coming out of my ears.

I'm worried how many feel the same, and no matter how many propaganda esque statements Peter comes out with arent gonna change my opinion. At somepoint promises have to be backed up. Which at Preston North End, they seemingly never are.

I share your frustrations, we've never made it to the Premier League despite neighbours all around us having their time. Its increasingly becoming more and more clear that this was the result of some proper baffling decisions from those at the top. I feel similar shit decisions are being made by the current men in charge.

However it would never stop me supporting my team. I don't think anyone abandoning ship will help matters. I think you should still go, voice your displeasure when they mess things up & support the team on the pitch, no matter how good or shit we are.

The rise from League 2/Division 3 failure, the rebuilding of Deepdale and the highs we have had despite the failure to make that final step would never have happened without the support of the fans.

The club will be there long after people who have made immensely shit decisions have departed.

Can u help? You're no 1 at searches. See above.
Good grief its like searching a needle in a haystack

Good grief its like searching a needle in a haystack

Thanks but it wasn't that one.....It went on for days with Him, his brother or a close mate making a proper stand against the abusers on here.... Near the knuckle stuff.

Thanks but it wasn't that one.....It went on for days with Him, his brother or a close mate making a proper stand against the abusers on here.... Near the knuckle stuff.
I think I remember the one you're referring to. But that one that @raefil dug up was pretty entertaining. I loved Shaky's response to the vial post.

Can’t believe that thread was 10 years ago.

Looks alarmingly similar to this season though, nobody really deserving of the award.

Can see next season going similarly to the season after that one, too.

The amount of stories I've read aligning with these sorts of situations with this club has finally got to me this last year. Every one another nail in the coffin.

I'm 26, had a season ticket since 11 and followed us absolutely everywhere over the years. But at this point I really cant see myself signing up again after all this is over with. There comes a point where you just think why? The levels of incompetence are mind blowing with examples coming out of my ears.

I'm worried how many feel the same, and no matter how many propaganda esque statements Peter comes out with arent gonna change my opinion. At somepoint promises have to be backed up. Which at Preston North End, they seemingly never are.

26?

Want it all now, these youngsters today.

you have to have a 25 year apprenticeship before you feel like that, by which time your old enough to stick it out because "1 YEAR ....!....

25 years for me would have taken me into the 80's and they were far worse times than now.......Tommy Doc as manager etc....

youve never had it so good !!!.. only about 4 of your 15 seasons out of the '2nd division' whereas WE oldies were lucky to get 4 seasons out of 25 in the 2nd division....

dont pack in yet - come and be disappointed with the rest of the oldies!!! its a badge of honour after 25 years and the Queen writes to you after 50 years.

I think his confidence took a battering with the amount of goals we were shipping, due to poor defensive tactics
Nothing to do with the defence when he was letting 35 yard opportunistic efforts go past his flailing arms time after time.

Credit where it’s due, his shot stopping was pretty decent.

Catching, commanding his area and saving anything from outside the 18 yard box and he was useless.

Never considered Lonergan to be a poor keeper to be honest.

He was coming off a bad injury though and hadn't played in two years and Chilvers and St Ledger certainly never had as much confidence in him as Nash so was a gamble that didn't come off.

Just look at some of the results after Nash left that January:

Cardiff 4-1 PNE
Hull 2-0 PNE
Leeds 2-1 PNE
Palace 3-0 PNE
PNE 2-3 Southend (final nail in play off challenge that one)
Plymouth 2-0 PNE

Defence was still very solid first half of the season even though there were big changes at CB from under Davies. Up to start of December team only conceded more than one goal on 3 occasions.

Nothing to do with the defence when he was letting 35 yard opportunistic efforts go past his flailing arms time after time.

Credit where it’s due, his shot stopping was pretty decent.

Catching, commanding his area and saving anything from outside the 18 yard box and he was useless.
If I remember right he had laser surgery done on his eyes?