PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Central Radio online

Harry

Patron
Hi `chaps` & `chap-esses`,:D

Are Central not allowed to broadcast PNE matches online?

I ask because I live in N.Wales and all day I kept checking the radio station online and re-checking and not had a problem tuning in to listen to their day-time programmes, although I did`nt stay tuned....I was just checking.
At 7-42pm last night I plugged my headphones into the laptop,(so `Er indoors can watch Frost or something as boring),but lo and behold....I could`nt tune it in.

To say I was livid is an under-statement and I had to endure the `plastics` on Radio "East Lancashire"..
Anyhow, great result for us.

Regards.

Harry (alias Wotcha)

onwards and upwards....:gentry:

You can't broadcast games live over the internet for some rights reasons thes see, you'll have to subscribe to Player or put up with Radio Blackburn. You'll find that it doesn't work on their website as well.

Due to media rights reasons, they are unable to transmit commentaries through the net. The also applies to Radio Lancs. Premium TV (PNE Player) have the media rights for on-line transmission.

The exception to this rule is FA Cup matches.

Damn!!!!

Ok I thought that would be it..

Cheers for the replies guys...

Harry.;)

Damn!!!!

Ok I thought that would be it..

Cheers for the replies guys...

Harry.;)

Living outside the Preston radio transmission area, I would find it great if we could have the radio commentaries over the net. That said, it's good for the people of Preston that they have 2 radio stations covering games.

The only option is to subscribe to PNE Player. We already have the expense and time of travelling to home games. Some of the PNE locals dont realise how lucky they are at times, yet some still moan. ;)

Living outside the Preston radio transmission area, I would find it great if we could have the radio commentaries over the net. That said, it's good for the people of Preston that they have 2 radio stations covering games.

The only option is to subscribe to PNE Player. We already have the expense and time of travelling to home games. Some of the PNE locals dont realise how lucky they are at times, yet some still moan. ;)

I know what you you mean Mike.

I actually CAN receive Radio Lancs on 103.9FM with no problems so I am getting some coverage.
It would be nice to hear the PNE home games,but at least I get the away ones and cup matches.
And before anyone says it..... I`m not complaining...I think its great that I still listen to the Whites where we live.

Mind you,the wife thinks it would be great NOT to be able to receive any sports on my radio....
Thinks she wants us to emigrate to outer Mongolia or something....:eek:
Still love her though....:D

Cheers.

I actually CAN receive Radio Lancs on 103.9FM with no problems so I am getting some coverage.
It would be nice to hear the PNE home games,but at least I get the away ones and cup matches.
And before anyone says it..... I`m not complaining...I think its great that I still listen to the Whites where we live.

Cheers.

Thats pretty good in fairness....just as a matter of interest are you based in the UK?

Or emigrate to Preston, and bring Mike with you!:D

I`ll consider it................. emigrating that is, but sorry, my wife wont let me bring you with us Mike.. no offence man.:D

I`m very happy here in Wales really....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Or emigrate to Preston, and bring Mike with you!:D
Living in Preston would be geographically advantageous to me for both footballing reasons and otherwise. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. :)

I`ll consider it................. emigrating that is, but sorry, my wife wont let me bring you with us Mike.. no offence man.:D

I`m very happy here in Wales really....
PMSL Harry. :D

I like North Wales. I have family there and I also sometimes use a photo studio in the area.

I`m very happy here in Wales really....:rolleyes:

You sure your not landudno larry from above the chippy Harry..........?

PMSL Harry. :D

I like North Wales. I have family there and I also sometimes use a photo studio in the area.

It`s a lovely place and we have a wonderful view of the sea from our house.

When we lived in Preston, alls I could see was the house across from us.

Here we actually see the horizon...brilliant.
:)

I have a sister who lives in a similar type of location... She is in Rhosgadfan. Has a cottage there overlooking the Menai Straits to Yns Mon (Anglesea). Very beautiful.

I have a sister who lives in a similar type of location... She is in Rhosgadfan. Has a cottage there overlooking the Menai Straits to Yns Mon (Anglesea). Very beautiful.

Yes I know the area quite well...

Not far from Caernarfon on the Llyn peninsula.

I`m on the north coast looking over the Irish Sea towards Merseyside and the N.West.

I'm due another trip there in the next month or two and plan on checking out more of the scenery this time. :)

PNE Player broadcast Central Radio's feed as far as I'm aware (or been told).

I'll be listening in tomorrow afternoon, work on Saturday's really does take the piss.