PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Champions League Final.

wanted City to win but got to say Chelsea thoroughly deserved that.

MoM for me was Reece James. 21 year old FFS. Excellent.

BTW the referee, absolutely first class. A masterclass in how to ref a game.
He normally isn't like that, he's normally the 'Spanish Mike Dean.'

Nice moments at the end for Giroud and Thiago Silva at 34 and 36 respectively to lift the UCL for the first time. Also sad to see Aguero in tears in his last game for City having not won it yet.

Kante MOM for me.
Plus once again picture perfect example of Guardiola's overrated one million passes football. Already killed a great Bayern Munich team with it.

If, on the off chance anyone from BT sport is reading this, I will pay for BT sports if you promise to use the money to buy Steve McManaman out of his contract

It’s painful listening
I raise you with the equally excruciating drivel that spouts out of the mouth of Glenda. He is the sole reason why I don't watch footy on ITV.

Painful to listen to.

Is it finished yet? I know it was 1-0 at half time cause I had a quick look on Ceefax. Just been out and planted up a few bean plants. Couldn’t care less about the match - not least because it on a pretty obscure channel.

Would love to know the viewing figures. I reckon that the rest of Europe would find them eye-wateringly low.
It was free to watch on YouTube.

YouTube is also an App on your Smart TV so no excuses really.

Thought it was one of the most gripping games of football of the season.

Pep got it wrong not starting Rodri or Fernandinho but you've got to give enormous credit to Tuchel. Second Champions League final in a row for him, and tactically so good. His record in Germany following on from Klopp at Mainz and Dortmund was impressive and his PSG win rate almost 75%. Chelsea's back six were excellent and Kante, just an unbelievable player, but tactically so disciplined. I like Tuchel, surely he gets an extension to his Chelsea contract now too.

Just shows that Chelsea whilst ruthless, did the right thing sacking Lampard to bring in an elite level coach. Maybe if United did the same they'd have a chance of gatecrashing the title challenge next season, as they're going nowhere fast under Ole, with or without Kane.

Really looking forward to the Pep v Tuchel v Klopp three-way for the title next season.

It was free to watch on YouTube.

YouTube is also an App on your Smart TV so no excuses really.

I didn’t know that either. I certainly didn’t need an excuse though - as explained. The very fact I didn’t know this (presumably widely-known) information says it all!

May the best team on the night win. Just hope the English players do well on one of the biggest stages of world football.
Well , Sterling and Foden didn’t cover themselves in glory but I thought Mount and Chilwell did well...

Have to say I like Pep and I’m pretty gutted for City.

By far the best footballing side in this country but last night they were found wanting for a change.

Chelsea thoroughly deserved the win though.

Last edited:
I’m watching and supporting Man City tonight as a North West club. Should Chelsea win however, I won’t lose any sleep over it 👍
Yeah, I was the same HC.... I was in Manchester about an hour before the game and there was a lot of confidence amongst the City fans with much flag waving and singing - sadly the players never turned up on the night

Have to say I like Pep I’m pretty gutted for City.

By far the best footballing side in this country but last night they were found wanting for a change.

Chelsea thoroughly deserved the win though.
I think a lot of credit must go to Tuchel , Chelsea never allowed City to play.... fully deserved as you say.

I think a lot of credit must go to Tuchel , Chelsea never allowed City to play.... fully deserved as you say.
Shows what a trophy winning and excellent manager can do.

Rather than popular ex player hipsters like Lampard.

Ole getting a new 3 year deal is criminal. Net spend of only less than 20 million in the same
Time frame as Pep.