PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Champions League Final.

One of, if not, the best manager ever, and you say he kills teams.

Brainless comment.
No, I did not.
I said he did with Munich, which exactly was what happened there due to his tactics.
They already would have won it all with a different approach by Guardiola, as they had one of the strongest teams in Europe that time.
And I did not argue he's a great manager. I just think he's past his prime or has to come up with something new now.

No, I did not.
I said he did with Munich, which exactly was what happened there due to his tactics.
They already would have won it all with a different approach by Guardiola, as they had one of the strongest teams in Europe that time.
And I did not argue he's a great manager. I just think he's past his prime or has to come up with something new now.
Outdated tactics that have just won the Premier League and League Cup.

League cup 5 years in a row
3 Premier Leagues in 5 year i think.
Champions League final.
Fa Cup semi final
Domestic treble
100 points

In Germany won the league 3 yesrs in a row.

JD @ Camp Nou.

38404695_10217560813118717_1505670338313191424_n.jpg

photo.php

League cup 5 years in a row
3 Premier Leagues in 5 year i think.
Champions League final.
Fa Cup semi final
Domestic treble
100 points

In Germany won the league 3 yesrs in a row.
I can see where NRWLilywhite is coming from in a way - Pep always walks into the best sides in the league.

Barca, Bayern, City - all clearly have the superior players to other teams in the league at the time he goes there. Not denying what he has done isnt great but i’d like to see him take hold of say Arsenal or Man Utd right now and see if he can produce the same.

Similar reasoning i respect Ronaldo more than Messi, Messi has hid at 1 club while Ronaldo has produced in 3 countries and internationally.

After City Pep will probably end up at PSG.

I can see where NRWLilywhite is coming from in a way - Pep always walks into the best sides in the league.

Barca, Bayern, City - all clearly have the superior players to other teams in the league at the time he goes there. Not denying what he has done isnt great but i’d like to see him take hold of say Arsenal or Man Utd right now and see if he can produce the same.

Similar reasoning i respect Ronaldo more than Messi, Messi has hid at 1 club while Ronaldo has produced in 3 countries and internationally.

After City Pep will probably end up at PSG.
How’s that not a contradiction? Ronaldo walks into the best sides in each country but that’s testing himself but when Pep does it that’s seen as unfair? Makes sense.

How’s that not a contradiction? Ronaldo walks into the best sides in each country but that’s testing himself but when Pep does it that’s seen as unfair? Makes sense.
Slightly off comparison i agree it was more Ronaldo testing in different leagues, as it would be interesting to see Messi perform “on a cold tuesday night at ...”. Also Ronaldo has more than carried Portugal on occasions.

Still the point remains, would like to see Pep go to a club that isnt already the best in the league.

But if he's still winning, does that mean his outdated tactics just haven't been sussed, or does his squad just have a bit of luck and ability to thank for?

As BPIG said really. I don't think Ronaldo has ever played at a bad club or under a bad/inexperienced club manager. The exception being this season under Andrea Pirlo when Juventus flopped for the first time in years. Having said that he still had a good season on a personal level.

But if he's still winning, does that mean his outdated tactics just haven't been sussed, or does his squad just have a bit of luck and ability to thank for?

As BPIG said really. I don't think Ronaldo has ever played at a bad club or under a bad/inexperienced club manager. The exception being this season under Andrea Pirlo when Juventus flopped for the first time in years. Having said that he still had a good season on a personal level.
Ignore the Ronaldo/Messi comparison - bad example that has caused people to focus on that instead of my point apologies.

Point remains i would like to see Pep take hold of a team that isnt already the best in the league like an Arsenal or Man Utd and see what he achieves.

Ignore the Ronaldo/Messi comparison - bad example that has caused people to focus on that instead of my point apologies.

Point remains i would like to see Pep take hold of a team that isnt already the best in the league like an Arsenal or Man Utd and see what he achieves.

But they weren’t already the best in the league as Chelsea won the title in pep’s first season.

I see your point. Get him at Girona, don't the City Group own them?