PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Character, Desire, Determination, Will to Win

Ryan Lowe hasn't really shown that he has what it takes to make any sort of tactical adjustment in games that aren't going his way to turn it around so far in his time here.

To be fair he did identify the issue and switched to a much more compact 4-4-2 with a diamond.

But when you end the game with Rafferty and Potts as your fullbacks, and Maguire as your 10, you’ve no chance of overturning a 2 goal deficit.

Overall I agree through, I think he is too confident in his 3-5-2, that served him well in L1/L2. No guarantee it will work at this level

I didn’t think they even pressed that well. There were two or three times in the first half where they massively overcommitted, just needed one decent pass and we’d have broken through their line.

Second half I thought they were much more disciplined.

Some of Sepp’s passing tonight was atrocious, really stopped us getting a foothold in the game
They had one player close to Whiteman every time we had the ball at the back - and that was that as far as building from the back went.

Why do you think Lowe has repeatedly talked about character when mentioning new signings?

Said a database can give you stats on a players ability, but can't reveal their character.

He's also just recently mentioned desire and winning mentality. Looking in the whites of a players eyes before signing them on.

Clear to me what he thinks of our current lot.

Our current shambles of a squad don't have any of the attributes mentioned in the title of this thread.

They are a bunch of gutless shirkers who fail to turn up again and again.

They have no ambition or determination and are not interested in being anything other than mediocre Championship players at best.

They are hiding at PNE and until we replace them we are also on a hiding...to nothing!
Unfortunately.. I genuinely think it's a generational thing. It's going to become harder and harder to find players with a determined attitude.

Yeah I don’t like how every time we lose the default is to suggest it is an issue of passion or desire.

I thought most players looked up for it early doors, but like with Reading, Bristol City and Sheff Utd, any semblance of decent movement in their midfield and we get shredded.

Teams now have half a season’s worth of film on Ryan Lowe’s Preston North End. Any sizeable club will have a team of analysts breaking us down over the summer. It won’t take them long to realise where our frailties lie
Yeah but it’ll take them bloody ages to list them all!!!

The Problem with 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 is when they have the ball our wingbacks are in a line of 5, the midfield trio get over ran all the time we look so unbalanced it’s unbelievable!

Too many shit shirkers at this club we should have had a big clear out last summer!

Ryan Lowe hasn't really shown that he has what it takes to make any sort of tactical adjustment in games that aren't going his way to turn it around so far in his time here.
There was no talent on the bench other than McCann and so his hands were tied.
He has inherited these players but hopefully there will be an even bigger shake up now in the summer than we predicted.

Preston 2 shef united 2
Preston 2 Bournemouth 1
Stoke 1 preston 2
Preston 2 Bristol city 2

However our squad is that shit t hat our bench js conference standard at best.

To be fair he did identify the issue and switched to a much more compact 4-4-2 with a diamond.

But when you end the game with Rafferty and Potts as your fullbacks, and Maguire as your 10, you’ve no chance of overturning a 2 goal deficit.

Overall I agree through, I think he is too confident in his 3-5-2, that served him well in L1/L2. No guarantee it will work at this level
He did but it didn't work too well because Blackburn still found Brereton and Gallagher way too easily and they should have scored another two late on. I just thought that Lowe would be way more vocal on the touchline shouting at his players when they're playing like shit and not sulking his his dugout but maybe this job has completely destroyed his morale and psyche in a matter of months, who knows.

Ridsdale has to go, and soon, shit squad, take 3 seasons to turn this team into something decent, team lacks, leadership, spirit, skill and hunger. Massive problems ahead for Lowe... Start the ball rolling sack Ridsdale now.
Has to be the first to go for me. He's been responsible for the majority of this shower of shite. Go now for gods sake.

Lowe's Holy Trinity will still be given chance after chance. Our spine of the team has no leaders, no motivators. Not the first time this has happened, and if they stay it won't be the last.

The minimum we need this Summer is 2 x gks, 2 x cbs, 2 x rwb, 2 x lwb, 2 x cm, 3 x strikers.
Genuine question. Are the players in the team really that much better than Hunts?

He is literally what we are screaming for at the moment and Ryan Lowe is not involving him.

We just shipped four goals at home!!

Pathetic.

Yeah I don’t like how every time we lose the default is to suggest it is an issue of passion or desire.

I thought most players looked up for it early doors, but like with Reading, Bristol City and Sheff Utd, any semblance of decent movement in their midfield and we get shredded.

Teams now have half a season’s worth of film on Ryan Lowe’s Preston North End. Any sizeable club will have a team of analysts breaking us down over the summer. It won’t take them long to realise where our frailties lie

Failing to turn up and failing in general is not something new that has suddenly started since Lowe became manager.

I’m not going to judge Lowe too much on his time here so far as it’s obvious we haven’t got the personnel to suit his attacking philosophy.

However as @oli_oconnell has hinted to on twitter, we look really poor off the ball. This is something that can be address on the training pitch and it’s a worrying sign that we haven’t improved in this area.

The way we set up when the opposition has the ball doesn’t seem that much different than when Frankie was here. I hope this is addressed in summer with maybe new coaching staff, seems Schumacher was doing that sort of work for him previously.

It was the 3rd goal. It was ridiculous.
Plus the second and fourth goals. All down to Hughes, he turned his back on the second goal and was done on the inside for the fourth. I’ve said all season he is no way a championship quality player.