PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

CONFIRMED Ched Evans - Serious Medical Condition

Cant quite believe that

Was lovely hearing about his recovery and being so positive

But that season ticket plugging is just cringe

Amazed he’s even in contention and that’s great to see, big fan of his.

Papers over the cracks with the striker situation mind.
What's happened got a link?

There have been other videos with the likes of Lee Cartwright plugging the season tickets.

There's been a lot of whinging in the past for the lack of marketing, then when they do some marketing it's still not right. The club will know a lot of supporters will watch a video of Ched entitled "an update from Ched" as his condition sounded bleak, so why not use a predicted heavily watched video for a plug. Seems like a good idea to me.

Risdale has just been spotted going into the gents at the training ground. How dare he have a shit when there’s players that need signing and season tickets to be sold 🤷‍♂️

F*** me, there aren't half some negative buggers around, aren't there? A few days ago, it was Ridsdale shamelessly handing out medals, on behalf of the EFL, at the end of a football match that Preston weren't involved in. Shocking!

Reality check: Ched Evans is NOT a class player and is nowhere near good enough if we are ever going to have a crack at the play offs.
Having said that, pleased for him that his career is not over, but going into next season without at least a couple of capable strikers is asking for trouble.

9 goals in 1300 minutes, up there with the best strikers in the league. Quality hold up play, great in the air, batters defenders.

He is quality, and the only issue is his availability. Anyone who doesn't appreciate how good he is must be absolutely clueless or have a grudge.

It's up to the club to find other strikers who are as good as him, younger, and offer different qualities.

I mean, Ched might just have been giving an update on his health and added the "early bird" comment himself as a senior member of the squad?

Some people really do just like to knock the club for absolutely everything!
Exactly.

It's easy/free advertising for 'any' player interviews/updates at present, just to tag a ST plug on to the end.

People are literally now losing their shit daily, at the most insignificant things.

Reality check: Ched Evans is NOT a class player and is nowhere near good enough if we are ever going to have a crack at the play offs.
Having said that, pleased for him that his career is not over, but going into next season without at least a couple of capable strikers is asking for trouble.
No, he’s a great back up though. I’ve no problem with keeping him on the books, as long as we sign a new first team striker on permanent.

9 goals in 1300 minutes, up there with the best strikers in the league. Quality hold up play, great in the air, batters defenders.

He is quality, and the only issue is his availability. Anyone who doesn't appreciate how good he is must be absolutely clueless or have a grudge.

It's up to the club to find other strikers who are as good as him, younger, and offer different qualities.
Great post

He made a very important contribution and gives his all.

I do think having him on the pitch changes our overall style away from more passing football - but that's hardly his fault.

Risdale has just been spotted going into the gents at the training ground. How dare he have a shit when there’s players that need signing and season tickets to be sold 🤷‍♂️
Couldn’t give a shit about that. Be nice if we did sign some quality players though.

alfredo morelos is available had a on off season this year thou 124 scored / 269 games,

Opportunism is one thing.... this is using a player by taking advantage of something that might never materialise... it might not have been as bad if the 2 items were kept separate.

Great to hear!

Absolutely shameless from the club though - 'buy a season ticket because my neck is better' 😂

Lighten up fella.... Did you not notice the half smile when he said it ? No harm in a bit of marketing as we are usually shit at it... And for what it's worth I'm not convinced he'll return the same player ( if at all )... His health is far more important so if there's any risk I'd rather he didn't. If he has medical advise that he's good to go and as good as new then I'd be over the moon. We're going to need all the help we can get next season.

Great news from Ched - good to hear the op went well and fingers crossed we do see him back out on the pitch. One of the few you can rely on to always put in the effort.