PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Ched Evans - Serious Medical Condition

Guessing, as I said.
OK.
I was thinking it might be an educated guess.
Pure guess from me is that he'll be on the bench come first game of the season. Bones tend to fully fuse in about 3 months (a medic told me that) and it's a while since his opp.
We'll know better if we see him in pre season training.

OK.
Pure guess from me is that he'll be on the bench come first game of the season. Bones tend to fully fuse in about 3 months (a medic told me that) and it's a while since his opp.
Yeah, he said it's been 5 weeks since the operation.

@Meldrew's Ghost did a bit of research specific to sports on the other thread, which "educated" my guess.

Guessing, as I said.
america burn GIF

OK.
Be a few more months than that I’d wager. If he was a normal person, 3 months would be fine, but I think he’ll be given longer because that neck needs to be strong enough to head the ball and withstand hits from defenders.

3 months will be the point where he can start work with the physio and the coaches, but I’d expect at least 6 weeks of that before he can start being involved in matches

I just can't imagine him playing again, nor would I like to be the club that plays him when even in the best case scenario seems to be a big health risk. Fair play to the lad and his determination but I don't think it'll ever quite sit right

Hope you're wrong, but I share you're thoughts.

The guy lost 4 years of his life, same shoes, we would all be powering through

Really happy to hear Ched on the mend he's been excellent for us.

Shameless plug for season tickets by the club though. Novel idea but maybe announce an exciting new signing that signals some kind of ambition and change of direction for the club, perhaps that would sell the season tickets.

Ridsdale out.

Hope you're wrong, but I share you're thoughts.

The guy lost 4 years of his life, same shoes, we would all be powering through
I said similar last night and I wonder if he’d had a full career would he even be considering playing again? If he does play again, you’d have to presume it would be with the most expert of advice and it would be safe for him to continue. If there’s even the slightest chance of an issue I hope he calls it a day for his own sake.

Love Ched and I’m very pleasantly surprised to see him back at all.

Will be a nagging doubt though every time he goes down from a challenge wondering will he get back up.

You would hope he would only return once given the all clear by his doctors..