PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ched Evans

Would you welcome the signing of Ched Evans at PNE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how some posters know exactly how Ched Evans has been performing recently and what standard he is playing at given no one has been able to actually watch him play since last March.

All the clamor and expectation for new signings. Address the shortcomings of the last 3 years. Move early in the window. Mitigate the likely outgoings of some of our top players. And this is what we get. Ace.

All the clamor and expectation for new signings. Address the shortcomings of the last 3 years. Move early in the window. Mitigate the likely outgoings of some of our top players. And this is what we get. Ace.
I know - really couldn't make this up.

It's amazing how some posters know exactly how Ched Evans has been performing recently and what standard he is playing at given no one has been able to actually watch him play since last March.
I’m not really arsed about his recent performances on the pitch. His morals off the pitch are more of a concern for me. That’s not going to change.

If this signing does go through, I wonder what will be the effect in the dressing room?.......
Exactly. Was just about to post the same. What will the players be thinking right now, with us being in talks with Evans?

If this signing does go through, I wonder what will be the effect in the dressing room?.......
Thats also one of my main concerns along with:

This signing won’t get any of the big 4 to change their minds.

it may also have an adverse effect on any other potential signings.

Do we have an idea on AN’s view of the transfer? As Ridsdale initially rejected the idea of it, so there is a change from somewhere.

I voted against signing him, primarily because I don't think he's good enough. It also irks me that once again, we seem to be going for a cheap option rather than spend money on a proven striker who is young enough to have some sell-on value. It's like we're making the Nugent mistake all over again.

As far as the rape case is concerned, difficult as it is, I think we have to put that to the back of our minds - like it or not, he was found not guilty in a court of law, which means, legally, he is not a criminal, not a rapist. I do though have serious reservations regarding his character and what effect his signing may have on squad morale.

At the end of the day, I'd say it's down to Alex Neil - I think his opinion is key. If Evans is a player that he genuinely wants, thinks can help us and wouldn't be detrimental to morale, rather than another signing being foisted upon him, then I think we just have to accept Evans and back him as we would any other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.