PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ched Evans

Would you welcome the signing of Ched Evans at PNE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a championship striker playing in league one.

Evans would be a league one striker playing in the championship.
Ironically didn't Beckford miss an absolute sitter at Fleetwood and was written off as a crap signing by most fans on here.

If potential employers of ex-criminals, or in this case, those with quashed convictions, are told they shouldn’t employ such people on the basis of needing a moral compass, where is the line drawn and how are these people ever going to be re-integrated and contribute to society ?

Should all people who have behaved in the way Evans did once as a 22 year old not be employed ? If so, what else should they do with their lives.

The fact is that in society, many different workplaces and industries, and in individual households and families, there are many many people who’ve once made a bad mistake or treated someone else very badly in their lives. But in many cases, they learn from it, rehabilitate, contribute to society and move on. In Evans‘ case, he even served 2 and a half years in jail for an offence which he was eventually cleared of committing. A society where employers, and the general public, will only accept and integrate people who’ve never done anything wrong in their lives will never exist.

Now if he was still a convicted rapist, then I agree this would be a different matter entirely, but he isn’t.

I think the club are within their rights to sign him if they want to in terms of this part of the debate. In terms of the footballing argument, imo he would be a shit signing so I don’t know why we’re even being put through this debate in the first place. We should not be chasing players of this calibre.
And I am within my rights to entirely disagree with them doing so and refuse to support them in any way

Yeah, he's a dickhead. Think it was a young lass passenger in his motor.
Then you've got Patrick kluivert, killed a young couple driving whilst pissed.
Didn't Lee Hughes kill someone too?
Yes he did, in a car crash.

Left one man dead at the scene as well as another man fighting for life.

Served 3 years for it😡

Mad how everyone turns into solicitors, judges and jurors in reference to the Ched Evans topic.

You can read into the case any which way you want and what I hope people remember is that the information people are choosing consume is from the media, an industry that is built upon making money from stories and controversy's and in a lot of cases people's personal lives.

For me unless you have had access to the case file, know how to read law, have poured over ALL of the evidence available and were there when everything happened you cannot pass judgement on the case and Ched Evans.
Well to varying degrees, we've all turned into Managers, owners and owners advisors on here at some time or another so we may as well go for a full house.

And I am within my rights to entirely disagree with them doing so and refuse to support them in any way
Of course you are, you just haven’t explained the benefit of completely sidelining these people from employment and society in general.

It’s worth noting that many ex-criminals or people with a ‘controversial’ past won‘t be people with rich girlfriends and a footballer’s salary like Ched Evans.

They’ll be people who genuinely need support and employment as a way of actually building a life and making a positive contribution. If you think sidelining anyone who’s behaved badly or made a big mistake in their life from employment shows a “moral compass” then I think you are wrong and if that was to be the case then these people would have no other reason to do anything other than to continue a life of crime.

Of course you are, you just haven’t explained the benefit of completely sidelining these people from employment and society in general.

It’s worth noting that many ex-criminals or people with a ‘controversial’ past won‘t be people with rich girlfriends and a footballer’s salary like Ched Evans.

They’ll be people who genuinely need support and employment as a way of actually building a life and making a positive contribution. If you think sidelining anyone who’s behaved badly or made a big mistake in their life from employment shows a “moral compass” then I think you are wrong and if that was to be the case then these people would have no other reason to do anything other than to continue a life of crime.
I'm all in favour of rehabilition I genuinely am but he has never even apologised to her for his behaviour whether illegal or not. There are reasonable doubts over whether or not his freedom has been purchased and while people have every right to employment the right to such high profile employment is rightly being questioned.

If it’s only a 6 month contract it doesn’t matter if you say you won’t go, you can’t go anyway, with very little likelihood of seeing a live game this season.

And it’s probably best if the folks on this forum sort out a right and proper test for all future signings to be able to not offend their high moral codes or general rules for the lynch mob.

You really need to take a day off from posting nonsense.

I think the point is that no one's saying they should be sidelined or denied employement, they're saying that they won't put money into the club as they don't want to cheer and support Evans (in a way that few professions get support), but they're absolutely free to employ him, they just shouldn't expect as many people to be cheering the team on. It's common for Pop stars, actors and pretty much any profession where employees get the admiration footballers do to take personal lives and how that will impact ticket sales, and so their profit margin, into account. Not everyone has the right to be cheered, lauded, and held up as a hero every week, same reason Michael Barrymore hasn't been on tele in years.

I think the point is that no one's saying they should be sidelined or denied employement, they're saying that they won't put money into the club as they don't want to cheer and support Evans (in a way that few professions get support), but they're absolutely free to employ him, they just shouldn't expect as many people to be cheering the team on. It's common for Pop stars, actors and pretty much any profession where employees get the admiration footballers do to take personal lives and how that will impact ticket sales, and so their profit margin, into account. Not everyone has the right to be cheered, lauded, and held up as a hero every week, same reason Michael Barrymore hasn't been on tele in years.
Technically though, they should give one eleventh less of their money, or their cheering volume. And that's before substitutes and team rotation is taken into account. I mean, fair's fair, it's not DJ's fault is it. Or Gally's.

I’ll bet Uncle Trev and Peter will be watching this thread to gauge opinion. I reckon it’s a non starter.
Innocent or guilty, the guy is a dirty creep with no respect for females. His actions were way out of order, same goes for his mates who were filming through the window. Scummy pervs the lot of them.

I’ll bet Uncle Trev and Peter will be watching this thread to gauge opinion. I reckon it’s a non starter.
Innocent or guilty, the guy is a dirty creep with no respect for females. His actions were way out of order, same goes for his mates who were filming through the window. Scummy pervs the lot of them.
Just scum with no respect, not at North End please.

Status
Not open for further replies.