Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
He's obviously nothing special but unlike Maguire he will at least pop up with a goal on a semi-regular basis. And he's our only striker that is good in the air and can make the ball stick.

Comes straight into the team for Maguire now providing he is fit.

OP
OOOO3

OOOO3

Forum Patron
Patron
"But Maguire offers so much in general play..."

Nice to have an actual proper striker to partner Riis, missed the big man massively

Yes this has annoyed me this season. ‘Riis can’t play well with Evans as we just play long ball’. Evans is good with the ball at his feet and scores goals and knows how to play as a striker.

If we play long balls it’s tactics not because of Evans

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
Without opening up 'that' can of worms, I wasn't in favour of his signing... However it can't be denied that he is a proper center forward and does give us options that nobody in the squad does, were a better footballing side with him in it.

Lee Trundle

Forum Patron
Patron
He's obviously nothing special but unlike Maguire he will at least pop up with a goal on a semi-regular basis. And he's our only striker that is good in the air and can make the ball stick.

Comes straight into the team for Maguire now providing he is fit.

Yeah, it's not like he came on and changed the game with his technical ability, but he comes on clatters their keeper, flattens Bamba and suddenly Middlesbrough arent dictating the game anymore.

He brings an edge that we have sorely lacked since last January

NG White

Forum Patron
Patron
No way we win that game without him. I thought he was great, he looked a bit rusty at first but as soon as he got back into it they couldn't deal with him. He's an absolute shithouse, its not pretty but we need it to win games, especially at the moment. He must start on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.