PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how that gets repaired, biggest disconnect I've ever known between fans and players.

Our 'captain' constantly arguing with fans online, Maguire having little snipes, Barky has never had a good relationship with the fans, Rudd has given shit to fans in the past, some people won't give Evans the time of day & Potts probably cries himself to sleep.

I certainly don't feel any real affinity to this group of players in the main. Even under Westley there was a still a connection between the players and fans.

I don't even think this lot celebrate with the fans when they score any more.
I think the biggest gulf was when Westley was here, it turned totally toxic, Grayson brought the fans and team back together in a way I hadn’t seen for years, thing is with McEvoy his is the remains of A.N. Reign and it should have been a total clear out then, we are still seeing A.N style of play. Fans don’t want that, I wouldn’t want us to lose constantly to get a manager out of a job, as that’s a slippy slope to be on, but can fully understand why some fans feel the way they do.

I think the biggest gulf was when Westley was here, it turned totally toxic, Grayson brought the fans and team back together in a way I hadn’t seen for years, thing is with McEvoy his is the remains of A.N. Reign and it should have been a total clear out then, we are still seeing A.N style of play. Fans don’t want that, I wouldn’t want us to lose constantly to get a manager out of a job, as that’s a slippy slope to be on, but can fully understand why some fans feel the way they do.
I'm really not sure the current situation is down to the manager though. It feels like over the pandemic, any connection with the fans and players disappeared, maybe because of abuse on social media? Because people couldn't vent in the stadium.

Browne used to be a fan's favourite, now he seems massively disliked by a lot of fans and it seems the feeling is mutual.

I do get the feeling that some of the players dislike the current system though and are sick of getting the blame for it.

Yeah, it's not like he came on and changed the game with his technical ability, but he comes on clatters their keeper, flattens Bamba and suddenly Middlesbrough arent dictating the game anymore.

He brings an edge that we have sorely lacked since last January
He causes problems and worries defenders, he is a handful who isn’t afraid to do the ugly stuff, whilst defenders have to worry out him it opens up space for others. Ched is just the type of striker defenders hate having to cope with .

What a refreshing honest interview that was

Would rather that every time instead of the usual “we go again next game “ shite we usually here

Well done Ched on and off the pitch
don't mention what he gets up to off the pitch

Ched's comments reminded me of a few things recently about relationships in sport. The Macclesfield town documentary on BBC and how the new owners made sure that long standing fans were made to feel part of the club. Then the following have also popped up.

I'm not sure how that gets repaired, biggest disconnect I've ever known between fans and players.

Our 'captain' constantly arguing with fans online, Maguire having little snipes, Barky has never had a good relationship with the fans, Rudd has given shit to fans in the past, some people won't give Evans the time of day & Potts probably cries himself to sleep.

I certainly don't feel any real affinity to this group of players in the main. Even under Westley there was a still a connection between the players and fans.

I don't even think this lot celebrate with the fans when they score any more.

Like most things in football, winning games will repair it.

Winning games, the fans get behind them, they show gratitude.

Problem is that the fans are gonna remain understandably miffed at playing shit football and losing. And when they take that out on the players, their natural reaction is gonna be negative.

Cracking interview. Answering those tired, spoon-fed "stock" questions - with thoughtful meaningful responses. Once again, Evans leaves me highly impressed about the kind of man he is now. I've been in the camp that believes that there is not enough evidence to say he did something dreadful as a youngster... and that we should not besmirch a man for a lifetime based on something that's IMO firmly in a grey area - and so I hope more and more people see the way he is now, and accept him as a PNE player... and one who gives his all for the cause.

As for details of his interview... the "distractions" and "funny few weeks"... I am not sure they point to really big disharmony. The whole thing with the loss of Trevor Hemmings, associated changes at the top... and then all the huge criticisms of PR and FM... they may the main explanation for those comments - it's bound to be an unsettling time. And he was so pragmatic about recognising and dealing with our inconsistency - and the value of Seani and Riis ahead of him. (y)

Cracking interview. Answering those tired, spoon-fed "stock" questions - with thoughtful meaningful responses. Once again, Evans leaves me highly impressed about the kind of man he is now. I've been in the camp that believes that there is not enough evidence to say he did something dreadful as a youngster... and that we should not besmirch a man for a lifetime based on something that's IMO firmly in a grey area - and so I hope more and more people see the way he is now, and accept him as a PNE player... and one who gives his all for the cause.

As for details of his interview... the "distractions" and "funny few weeks"... I am not sure they point to really big disharmony. The whole thing with the loss of Trevor Hemmings, associated changes at the top... and then all the huge criticisms of PR and FM... they may the main explanation for those comments - it's bound to be an unsettling time. And he was so pragmatic about recognising and dealing with our inconsistency - and the value of Seani and Riis ahead of him. (y)

Well said.

he brings the nastiness we're lacking.
Yeah. The faking injury in front of the dugout, letting CBs know they're in a game, winning corners, throw ins, holding the ball up.

Absolute fucking bullshit, he deserves to be at our club as much as any of his peers. The only good thing about him being out injured was those of us with common sense didn't have to read more nonsense like that.

Hear hear.

Yes I agree I think they were as much about the death of Mr Hemmings and the subsequent reshuffle as anything else.

Love him (I do) or hate him (idiots!) He shows what we need out there in terms of focus and graft. That must have been hard for him with the injury he has worked his way through ( I have had it so know-kept me off the golf course for a year!) He will only come on as a sub for a while but I hope his performance rubs off on others.

Love his on-pitch attitude.
Could make a great REGULAR strike partner with Riis.
The operative word is regular, Frankie

I think he could make a good partner for Riis too. Just as long as we ditch the 5-3-2 as we'd just end up lumping it up to Evans. I'd love Frankie to just try playing 4-4-2 for a few games. Just let the players play their natural games.

Riis and Evans up top. Barky wide right, Sinclair wide left. McCann and Whiteman in midfield.

Its the back 4 that I struggle with. There isn't an obvious choice for who plays where. Olosunde getting back properly fit would help.

Could it be that to most PNE fans it's not very relevant, and also to most Ched fans - irrelevant. (?)

I'm really not sure the current situation is down to the manager though. It feels like over the pandemic, any connection with the fans and players disappeared, maybe because of abuse on social media? Because people couldn't vent in the stadium.

Browne used to be a fan's favourite, now he seems massively disliked by a lot of fans and it seems the feeling is mutual.

I do get the feeling that some of the players dislike the current system though and are sick of getting the blame for it.

A wise conclusion in my view..

Status
Not open for further replies.