PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Chris Kirchner - Rumour - Possible Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this forum but very rarely post , there’s always going to be a lot of excitement and trepidation about any takeover and I’d just like to post my views,

The silence from the club is just making me think something big is going to come of this ‘rumour’
I’ve watched North End for 25 years and not seen them in the top division, there are folk on here who have waited twice as long . I for one will embrace a takeover , not because of previous lack of investment (not that I see the Hemmings family that way) but because I don’t want to be typing many years from now wondering what could have been - we’re arguably in the best position for fresh investment since the BD days , we’ve got a young manager, a core to our squad and fans onboard something we’ve not had for many years .

This has to be the time to go for it - for me this is 100% a risk worth taking,

Now does anyone actually know what is going on ?

Since the sad passing of Trevor it's worth considering the possible impact of inheritance tax on his estate which kicks in at anything above £325K. The current rate is 40% and would make a significant hole in Trevor's alleged £1Billion estate. One way to avoid this is to leave the entirety of your estate to your spouse. There may be other ways to avoid inheritance tax or possibly reduce it's impact of which I'm not aware, I'm not a tax expert.

It's quite possible therefore that Mrs Hemmings will have significantly more influence in this matter than Craig? However, whilst that may well be the case, the reality is that in the unfortunate event of Mrs Hemmings passing away, the tax man will eventually catch up and take what's due to him....At that point will any member of the Hemmings family be as keen to finance the club to the tune of £10million per year? Food for thought...
Isle of Man resident ?

I don’t think people are trying to be experts on his finances, merely looking for a few concrete facts and figures, which for some reason don’t appear to be available.

I’ve just asked a friend who has a business in global logistics, he’s never heard of Slynco.

He’s reported to be a billionaire but the info shows his main company turns over millions, not billions, and is financed by VC.

I only see smoke and mirrors currently.

I’d love to see some info about how solid and huge his wealth really is.....can anyone oblige please.
The Viet Cong?! I definitely don't want him then.

Don't shoot messenger, but was told, deal done...lets see when they announce it, guy who told adament it's legit.
O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bomb bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

Don't shoot messenger, but was told, deal done...lets see when they announce it, guy who told adament it's legit.
not doubting your source, but surely these things take a long time to sort out and even if an offer has been made, it wouldn't have been done already, we probably wont hear anything for a few weeks/months

not doubting your source, but surely these things take a long time to sort out and even if an offer has been made, it wouldn't have been done already, we probably wont hear anything for a few weeks/months

Not really. It could be as simple as the Hemmings family just want out and aren't going to play mega hard ball over the price due to the fact they're continually pumping money in. They may also have seen evidence that proves this chap isn't messing about and will be great as a new owner.

It would take a while for the transition but as far as sitting down and agreeing a price, that could take a matter of minutes really.

Chris Kirschner is a pretty smart guy by all accounts. He comes from a very wealthy family who have backed his business venture. His small, but growing company is located in San Francisco’s silicon valley, which is the biggest centre of hi-tech industry in America and the World. Freight logistics is attracting a lot of new business ventures world wide. In 2020, the sector grew 26% and is continuing to attract ready investment making it major growth sector in the American economy right now.
Kirschner’s business is ideally located on the west coast, to serve freight companies in the San Francisco bay area and in Los Angeles, where the ports of Oakland, Long Beach and Los Angeles make up one third of America’s container shipping business.
A sensible post amongst a lot of uneducated guff and some frankly embarrassing xenophobic comments.

Love this forum but very rarely post , there’s always going to be a lot of excitement and trepidation about any takeover and I’d just like to post my views,

The silence from the club is just making me think something big is going to come of this ‘rumour’
I’ve watched North End for 25 years and not seen them in the top division, there are folk on here who have waited twice as long . I for one will embrace a takeover , not because of previous lack of investment (not that I see the Hemmings family that way) but because I don’t want to be typing many years from now wondering what could have been - we’re arguably in the best position for fresh investment since the BD days , we’ve got a young manager, a core to our squad and fans onboard something we’ve not had for many years .

This has to be the time to go for it - for me this is 100% a risk worth taking,

Now does anyone actually know what is going on ?
There are good opportunities for a new owner to improve the club - at a price - and obviously leading to increased ticket prices for fans. If this improves the match-day experience at Deepdale it would be no bad thing.
My list of improvements would include:
1. A remodelling of the stadium - now over 20 years old and in need of a lick of paint at the very least. I would like to see the corners of the stands filled in with seating as this looks far better at other grounds than what we have got at Deepdale.
2. Improved catering for fans. Present catering arrangements for fans are dire. We pay high prices for low quality food and drink. Quality standards should be set by the club. If high street outlets like Pret and Subway can cater to a standard and price, that should be replicated at the stadium. Why should we accept less?
3. Improved hi-tech support for fans, with more and better screens, included live streaming and play-back of goals and controversial incidents/decisions.
4. A revamp of the club’s marketing - the club shop should be relocated under the stands and incorporated with a programme sales area, a welcoming hi-tech media area and a decent standard pre-match catering area.
5. A determined push for Premiership football, through investment by the new owner; which, in business terms, has a significant pay-back not just financially, but as a marketing platform for the owner’s main line of business.

All of this is at extra cost, of course; and this means increased ticket prices - you pay more for a better experience, both in quality and value for money.

I’m not knocking the Hemmings era; Trevor did an enormous amount of good for the city and the club, but it is time to move on and a new owner with the capital to back his ideas could move us forward to better things.

If the club haven’t come out and denied all knowledge by the weekend then surely there is serious traction in this

There are good opportunities for a new owner to improve the club - at a price - and obviously leading to increased ticket prices for fans. If this improves the match-day experience at Deepdale it would be no bad thing.
1. A remodelling of the stadium - now over 20 years old and in need of a lick of paint at the very least. I would like to see the corners of the stands filled in with seating as this looks far better at other grounds than what we have got at Deepdale.
2. Improved catering for fans. Present catering arrangements for fans are dire. We pay high prices for low quality food and drink. Quality standards should be set by the club. If high street outlets like Pret and Subway can cater to a standard and price, that should be replicated at the stadium. Why should we accept less?
3. Improved hi-tech support for fans, with more and better screens, included live streaming and play-back of goals and controversial incidents/decisions.
4. A revamp of the club’s marketing - the club shop should be relocated under the stands and incorporated with a programme sales area, a welcoming hi-tech media area and a decent standard pre-match catering area.
5. A determined push for Premiership football, through investment by the new owner; which, in business terms, has a significant pay-back not just financially, but as a marketing platform for the owner’s main line of business.

All of this is at extra cost, of course; and this means increased ticket prices - you pay more for a better experience, both in quality and value for money.

I’m not knocking the Hemmings era; Trevor did an enormous amount of good for the city and the club, but it is time to move on and a new owner with the capital to back his ideas could move us forward to better things.
What a bizarre list.

It’s almost as if you are Chris Kirchner - if that’s you Chris get the deal done ! Sound ideas in principle !

We badly need investment in areas off the pitch as well as on it 👌

I wasn't taking this seriously until yesterday but it's looking more like it has legs. I'm first to admit that it's fear of the unknown, but it doesn't feel right and I don't want to lose my precious PNE.

Also, I've a bad feeling about being Derby's sloppy seconds.

We don't know the guys motive, and more importantly we don't know if he's talking about real new money.

Status
Not open for further replies.