PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

City Centre Investment

SF

Patron
Ever known Preston to have so many developments in the centre at one time?

Adelphi Quarter,
New cinema complex, restaurants and car park on the old indoor market,
Shankly Hotel,
Miller Park Hotel,
Caxton Hotel planned for Friargate,
Booths HQ apartments rennovation,
'Urban park' at the bus station...

Have I missed any?

After a bit of googling, that lot has cost around:

Adelphi Quarter - £60m - Uclan planning to spend £200m over a ten year period.
New cinema complex, restaurants and car park on the old indoor market - £50m
Shankly Hotel - £15m
Miller Park Hotel - ?
Caxton Hotel planned for Friargate - ?
Booths HQ apartments rennovation - £2.5m
'Urban park' at the bus station - £2.75m

You would have to be a seriously miserable bastard to put a downer on all this.

The more infrastructure like this, the more independent businesses and big name shops & bars that come to Preston.

Pretty excited to see what Preston looks like in 5 years time.

Surprised the shit holes of Smackburn and Cesspool aren’t complaining about the redevelopment :rolleyes:

Blackburns response to the Tithebarn project was shameful. Hey Blackburn - go build your own - don't piss on our chips.

Saying that - with a backward view on things its precisely why Blackburn is the shithole it is , whilst our City is on the up. Take a note Blackburn - positive forward thinking gets you places.

Ever known Preston to have so many developments in the centre at one time?

Adelphi Quarter,
New cinema complex, restaurants and car park on the old indoor market,
Shankly Hotel,
Miller Park Hotel,
Caxton Hotel planned for Friargate,
Booths HQ apartments rennovation,
'Urban park' at the bus station...

Have I missed any?

After a bit of googling, that lot has cost around:

Adelphi Quarter - £60m - Uclan planning to spend £200m over a ten year period.
New cinema complex, restaurants and car park on the old indoor market - £50m
Shankly Hotel - £15m
Miller Park Hotel - ?
Caxton Hotel planned for Friargate - ?
Booths HQ apartments rennovation - £2.5m
'Urban park' at the bus station - £2.75m

You would have to be a seriously miserable bastard to put a downer on all this.

The more infrastructure like this, the more independent businesses and big name shops & bars that come to Preston.

Pretty excited to see what Preston looks like in 5 years time.
You missed off my extension to the back of my garage, 3m square. Doing it myself from reclaimed brick from the hardcore skip at the tip. Got the wife digging the foundations, so labour costs are low. Bit of tarpaulin for the lid. I reckon it'll be around 75 quid if you want to add that to your list.

Their response to our attempt to improve the city centre is the reason I won't/don't ever intend to spend a penny in those places.

Perhaps we can start a NAPM boycott of the two TOWNS :)
I said exactly the same, I do shop in Blackpool but think I have been to Blackburn twice since the Tithebarn fiasco think the only money I spent was on some food in a cafe

Their response to our attempt to improve the city centre is the reason I won't/don't ever intend to spend a penny in those places.

Perhaps we can start a NAPM boycott of the two TOWNS :)
There are now 45million boycotters of these two towns. FACT.

(Unless they have a decent sale on, then we’ll flood back......for one day only)

Meanwhile the people Preston vote for the Twelve Tellers are Preston's 'Best Pub' and Nandos are the 'best restaurant'.

Some great development happening in Preston but my god the locals are hard work.
I can only assume the survey was done at Uclan!

Meanwhile the people Preston vote for the Twelve Tellers are Preston's 'Best Pub' and Nandos are the 'best restaurant'.

Some great development happening in Preston but my god the locals are hard work.

Who actually votes for that stuff? I've seen nothing about it.

I can only assume the survey was done at Uclan!
Who actually votes for that stuff? I've seen nothing about it.
This democracy things a real bugger at times!!

another vote anyone?