PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Classic TV intros.

In those days, dole was about forty quid a week but me and my mate would jackpot one trivia machine after another up town and could easily make £80 a day. Some days we even used to get the bus to Blackpool and wipe out the trivia machines there, too. Great days. 'Blockbusters' and 'Give us a break' were the easiest machines and every Monday the machines up town would be rammed with money from all the piss heads filling them up on Friday and Saturday nights, so the jackpots were always set lower!
OK then, Diana Rigg's daughter married to which Bury pop star?

Secondly, what did she do for the the first time in Her Majesty's Secret Service Bond Film?

OK then, Diana Rigg's daughter married to which Bury pop star?

Secondly, what did she do for the the first time in Her Majesty's Secret Service Bond Film?
I would guess a member of Elbow given you said Bury but would have had no idea without that.
No idea Q2 though!

In those days, dole was about forty quid a week but me and my mate would jackpot one trivia machine after another up town and could easily make £80 a day. Some days we even used to get the bus to Blackpool and wipe out the trivia machines there, too. Great days. 'Blockbusters' and 'Give us a break' were the easiest machines and every Monday the machines up town would be rammed with money from all the piss heads filling them up on Friday and Saturday nights, so the jackpots were always set lower!
Give us a break wasn't bad, but the black ball question you hardly had time to think. There was a quiz machine in my local, late 80s, can't remember what it was called. But, you could select your own subject, music was my preferred choice, and the beauty was, if you played it long enough, the questions were duplicated.
Me and a mate of mine won that much, the machine was empty and wouldn't pay out, we had to ask the landlord for our winnings. The miserable bastard got rid of said machine soon afterwards.

Give us a break wasn't bad, but the black ball question you hardly had time to think. There was a quiz machine in my local, late 80s, can't remember what it was called. But, you could select your own subject, music was my preferred choice, and the beauty was, if you played it long enough, the questions were duplicated.
Me and a mate of mine won that much, the machine was empty and wouldn't pay out, we had to ask the landlord for our winnings. The miserable bastard got rid of said machine soon afterwards.
I was at school in Hutton in the late 80's and once me and my mates had got to sixth form we occasionally used to nip out for a pie and a piint at lunchtime to a pub called The Tom Finney just down the road in Penwortham. I've no idea if it's still there. Landlord pulled a similar stunt on us.

We were there incognito of course. Tie off, Blazer off. He must have thought we were a right bunch of wankers. He wouldn't be far off the mark to be fair!!

Aye, we once got kicked out of the King's arms near the prison because the landlord said we must have some sort of code for beating the system because we were emptying it so much!

Hawaii Five-0 (original)
"Book em Danno."
The credits at the end naming one of the actors and his character.
"Kam Fong as Chin Ho"
Always made me laugh. Don't know why.