PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Colin Murray Podcast

FTF

Club Legend
Thanks for all of your feedback on the podcast so far and thanks to those of you who have listened.

We're off to London tomorrow to record an episode with Colin Murray and possibly Ian Holloway too. Just wanted to give you guys the opportunity to let us know if there's anything, in particular, you would like to hear from the episode or if you have any questions you would like us to ask.

The plan for the episode is to talk to Colin a bit about his career (more recent career) then a bit about North End and then a bit about the state of football at the moment. So, fire away if you have anything for us.

Ask Ian if the Billy Davies rumours around the Forest play off games where true. From when Ian was in charge of Blackpool. Apparently stayed behind in the tunnel telling the Blackpool players hard luck after the first leg. Always been curious.

For both of them. Do we make the play offs? Straight yes or no answer, no sitting on the fence.

Ask Ian if the Billy Davies rumours around the Forest play off games where true. From when Ian was in charge of Blackpool. Apparently stayed behind in the tunnel telling the Blackpool players hard luck after the first leg. Always been curious.

For both of them. Do we make the play offs? Straight yes or no answer, no sitting on the fence.
I think Gary Taylor-Fletcher pretty much confirmed this story on the Undr The Cosh podcast. Just couldn't help himself our Billy could he?

Will do. I'm sure Ian will have a load of stories.

Thanks for all of your feedback on the podcast so far and thanks to those of you who have listened.

We're off to London tomorrow to record an episode with Colin Murray and possibly Ian Holloway too. Just wanted to give you guys the opportunity to let us know if there's anything, in particular, you would like to hear from the episode or if you have any questions you would like us to ask.

The plan for the episode is to talk to Colin a bit about his career (more recent career) then a bit about North End and then a bit about the state of football at the moment. So, fire away if you have anything for us.

1) It always seems like they've watched a fair chunk of the games when they talk about then on Quest so exactly how much do they see during the afternoon or do they have a team who watch the different games to give a flavour of how they went?

2) What's his username on PNE-Online?

I'd be really interested to get both opinions on FFP - specifically their thoughts on how 'fair' they believe it to be.. Could naturally progress toward a 5 minute (time dependant of course) discussion on the ridiculous wages players want now?

On a more light-hearted note, I'd love to hear a couple of the funnier things people in the crowd have shouted at Holloway or one of his players!

For Colin Murray :

1. is there any chance the BBC will ever take Championship football seriously? (MOTD format for Championship games)
2. how does he see the future of web-based streaming of football (Netflix, Amazon etc), especially at Championship level

For both:
3. Will Financial Fair Play ever be strictly enforced?
4. Projecting forward ten years, which of the current Championship clubs will have gone bankrupt and which will become Premier League regulars?

What do they think about VAR and offside by an armpit/big toe.
VAR should not be used for Offside nor Handballs. Leave these to the A.R. with the flag.

VAR should only be used for...

Diving To Cheat.
Penalty Decisions Via Tackling. Was It / Wasn't It A Fair Challenge?
Mistaken Identities.
Off The Ball Incidents.
Yellows Upgraded To Reds.
Reds Downgraded To Yellows.

The game would be a whole lot better and accurate if left to the above.

Ask Colin and Ian if they agree with my points.

No Ollie today, unfortunately. Had to leave to get the train home before he arrived at the studios. Got 30 minutes or so with Colin for the pod but a whole day with him was very, very good fun. Will try and sort something out for the end of the season to get back together and go into a bit more detail about our season after it's reached a conclusion.

Pod should be out tomorrow, hope you all enjoy it!

Nothing to do with the OP but I keep wondering why Gregan hasn’t been on a pod cast yet.. seems to come up in conversation a lot but not been on one?

Colin, what is your perfect Sunday?

Seriously though, well done on getting this, will be good to have a listen too.

IMO Colin is one of the best, most knowledgeable and most impartial football broadcasters around.
Ha ha, I love the way his constant fawning over PNE makes him 'impartial'. Nice one.