PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Concern for guy that fell

All the best to your dad, you and your family. I hope he is back home soon and back on Deepdale beginning of next season. Take care.

Fingers crossed he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Sounds like he got the best treatment possible.

Nice to hear that the Swindon supporters helped clear the cones for the ambulance.

Thinking about your dad and your family.

Hope your dad makes a full and speedy recovery to be a deepdale for our 1st game back in the championship. All the best. #weareprestonfamily

Sincerely hope that your Dad makes a speedy recovery and from experience he is being supported by the best people. Credit also to the Swindon fans for shifting the bollards for the ambulance - football is a family win or lose

All the best for a full and speedy recovery. The steps at Wembley are very steep, I saw a few people slip up.

Nice to hear that the Swindon supporters helped clear the cones for the ambulance.QUOTE]

Swindon is a nice friendly place - one of the nicest in the country. If I have one particularly shameful memory of my time as a PNE supporter it dates back to the 70s when I went to Swindon for a match and along with other PNE supporters was in their club having a drink before the match when a bit of chanting suddenly erupted into a glass throwing exercise - not on my part - that led to one of their supporters being led out bleeding from a head wound. Such things aren't good - they are foul and destroy what football is meant to be about. I think I might make a point of hoping Swindon get promoted next season.

All the best to your dad for a speedy recovery.
When he is well enough tell him i had managed to go through the whole fantastic emotional day without shedding a tear (no mean task for me) only to be blind sided later reading the bit about him raising his arms for the fourth goal !!
Heart rending stuff will be thinking of him as he recovers.

I
Hi Mickey
Thanks so much for asking. It was my dad. He hit his head at the bottom and suffered bleeding to the brain. Luckily the staff at Wembley got him straight to St Mary's major trauma unit and he underwent surgery last night to relieve pressure on his brain. They took him off his ventilator and sedation this afternoon and he has responded very well. He is still in intensive care but we hope he can be moved later this week later closer to home. The family have stayed down to be with him and all thoughts and prayers for him would be greatly appreciated.

Can I say thank you to everyone who helped him, I will keep you informed. He is a lifelong Preston supporter and his one wish was to see Preston back up!!

He even managed to lift his arms when Preston got the fourth goal!

Once again thank you all for your concern and I have to say all the Swindon fans leaving early moved all the bollards to get the ambulance through even though they could see me in the front with a Preston top - they were a credit!

Graham

Any update on your dad Graham? He was very near me. Hope he's doing well.

Hi all

He is hopefully being moved out of intensive care tonight. I had to come home earlier this week to bring my mum and dads car back, but am back down to London tomorrow so will have a better idea then exactly where he is. My mum has stayed down all week in London.

He is talking well and has started to remember more and more. The team at St Mary's have been amazing and the Nuero Surgeon has performed miracles.

We hope he will be transferred back up to Preston next week which will make it a lot easier.

I will read out the messages to him tomorrow evening, which I am sure he will appreciate.

As well as worry ourselves stupid there have been some laughs. By the far the best was when they took him off the ventilator and sedation we were told to expect the worst and perhaps not expect him to make it. As soon as the sedation wore off he was trying to remove the breathing tubes himself so they took it out.

He instantly started to breathe, which as you can imagine was the hugest relief! Two minutes later he turned to my mum and said have you got a paper what did they say about the match - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Thank you all so much for your messages and your care, it just proves deep down what a great club this is!!

Graham