Concern for guy that fell

GP1971

Youth Team
Hi all

I have just got home after a long journey down to London and back to bring my Mum and Dad back.

Yes - they have allowed him straight home! He is still moving very slowly but is getting better every day.

The nurses are going to visit every day but he is overjoyed to be home and has asked me to thank everyone for their thoughts, comments and offers of help.

I think I owe a few people a few beers next season!

This last two weeks has felt like months but we are all so glad he has made it through and made it home. Sunday night was one of the worst of our lives, but today is up there as one of the best to see him back in his chair at home was something I thought I would not see!

Anyway keep an eye out at Deepdale next season for the bloke with a big scar going directly up from his right ear - that will be my dad!

Once again from all of us THANK YOU

Graham

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Hi all

I have just got home after a long journey down to London and back to bring my Mum and Dad back.

Yes - they have allowed him straight home! He is still moving very slowly but is getting better every day.

The nurses are going to visit every day but he is overjoyed to be home and has asked me to thank everyone for their thoughts, comments and offers of help.

This last two weeks has felt like months but we are all so glad he has made it through and made it home. Sunday night was one of the worst of our lives, but today is up there as one of the best to see him back in his chair at home was something I thought I would not see!

Anyway keep an eye out at Deepdale next season for the bloke with a big scar going directly up from his right ear - that will be my dad!

Graham

Great news Graham, so happy that your Dad is back home safe and sound !!

Now you need to get a copy of the final on DVD, and watch it back again as a family !!

I apologise for missing this thread in the aftermath of a playoff victory but now I've seen it took me through a range of emotions, really pleased your dad is getting better, a true Northender. Seems not right a true fan gets a few comments for such a serious accident, yet you know who has page after page. I would urge all on here to post a simple get well soon to redress the balance.

GP1971

Youth Team
I apologise for missing this thread in the aftermath of a playoff victory but now I've seen it took me through a range of emotions, really pleased your dad is getting better, a true Northender. Seems not right a true fan gets a few comments for such a serious accident, yet you know who has page after page. I would urge all on here to post a simple get well soon to redress the balance.

True North Ender - Yes - he had dragged us all down with him!!!! At Wembley on the day were Younger Brother, Wife, Son Daughter in Law, grandson, grand daughter, nephews and various other hangers on!!!

A family curse North End - but we all deep down love it!!!

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron

Indeed.

Very best wishes.

Gregan6

Reserve

100% agree! Great news! Wishing your old man a continued speedy recovery.

diggerb

Forum Patron
Patron
Good news indeed, i reckon the average nobber will have watched the replay at least twice, so i should think that entitles the recovering gentleman at least six viewings and you cant get too much of a match like that !!
But take care, its exciting stuff !!!

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Hi all

Graham

Great news, glad your dad is doing ok, Wishing him a seedy recovery.

GP1971

Youth Team
Good news indeed, i reckon the average nobber will have watched the replay at least twice, so i should think that entitles the recovering gentleman at least six viewings and you cant get too much of a match like that !!
But take care, its exciting stuff !!!

That made me laugh - having missed all of the second half I can't wait to see it and the Trophy being lifted. My son has taken great pleasure in talking us through every moment of the match and has talked Grandad through every goal!

Even though we didn't see it I feel we were there, but still can't wait to settle down and get us all together to finish the match as a family!!

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
That made me laugh - having missed all of the second half I can't wait to see it and the Trophy being lifted. My son has taken great pleasure in talking us through every moment of the match and has talked Grandad through every goal!

Even though we didn't see it I feel we were there, but still can't wait to settle down and get us all together to finish the match as a family!!

:)

Last edited:

SingUp

Youth Team
That is great news Graham. So pleased for all of your family.

Okay - down to business. Tell Dad to get well steadily but with resolution. We're going back to Wembley next year for a bit more of this play off promotion stuff. It won't be such a pushover next year and we'll need your dad for the second half as well as the first.

Enjoy the upcoming season.

Hi all

Graham

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Hi all

Graham

Great news! Glad to hear he's back home and recovering well. :)

diggerb

Forum Patron
Patron

And so you should, enjoy every bit of it days like that dont come along often,lets hope our next one isnt so long coming, if it comes while i still remember your troubles, i will personally make your day and lend you my cycle helmet !! Having said that it will have to be bloody quick with my memory !!!!

UP THE WHITES !