PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Concerned for Alex

Can we now start the Get Ridsdale out campaign.
He is the man apparantly buying selling arranging deciding sacking backing and this seasons shitstorm is basically his fault.
I'll go first 'Ridsdale Out" oh and I mean it.

He has been appalling for the last three years BUT, TH replaced the woeful Derek Shaw ( 'We aren't expecting a fee for Jonathan Gould but if someone wants to give us one we'll take it') with Maurice Lindsay who, spectacularly, was even fucking worse!

Make no mistake, TH has friends who will take the job should Ridsdale leave. All of these men will be completely evil little weirdos, non of whom we would be happy with.

I literally am okay with Ridsdale because he has experience in football and has appointed two good managers (SG and AN) in the past. My bar is sat that low given the past chairman we have had.

Trust me, Ridsdale's replacement would be a total wanker. I can guarantee it.

Apologies about this. As you can guess, I was pretty wound up especially after coming out of an argument with a gobby Blackburn fan from work!

I've taken heed of my previous advice and made use of the ignore feature.
What you have posted or expressed is nothing compared to what would have been shouted at him at the end of matches if crowds were in the ground, would thouse people be held to account the way you have ? no need to apologise, your just showing your love and passion for the club that needs change, because this has been going on for the last 12 months TBH

It isn't shutting down debate as there are others threads to discuss broader issues in respect of AN and the Club.
This thread just introduces another important aspect of the debate.
Constructive criticism goes with the territory and is extremely valid.
Some of the stick he has got though has been lynch mob mentality.
Bottom line is he has under performed partly because of lack of backing and a clean break is needed.
Twas always the case and I've never joined in that kind of behaviour. Imagine what it would have been like if we'd had crowds at games.

He has been appalling for the last three years BUT, TH replaced the woeful Derek Shaw ( 'We aren't expecting a fee for Jonathan Gould but if someone wants to give us one we'll take it') with Maurice Lindsay who, spectacularly, was even fucking worse!

Make no mistake, TH has friends who will take the job should Ridsdale leave. All of these men will be completely evil little weirdos, non of whom we would be happy with.

I literally am okay with Ridsdale because he has experience in football and has appointed two good managers (SG and AN) in the past. My bar is sat that low given the past chairman we have had.

He has to fucking go, he's responsible and your comment is accepting of the situation and a like for like replacement where the club needs complete modernisation, PR shouldn't be anywhere near that task

He could very easily walk away and not hang on for his payout knowing full well when the time is right he will get another extremely well paid job
would that be saying he is a quitter tho?

He has to fucking go, he's responsible and your comment is accepting of the situation and a like for like replacement where the club needs complete modernisation, PR shouldn't be anywhere near that task

Would you not say the appointment of Beet reflects a step towards modernisation?

Would agree, he's very much responsible, would agree I'm accepting of the situation because I have supported us through worse. I could see Ridsdale being successful here despite past failings whereas someone like Lindsay never could be. You've got to be careful what you wish for.

Has anyone ever heard anything from the official chairman, i cant even remember his name, is it Craig Hemmings? does anyone know if he actually exists?

Alex isn't worthy of our support and compassion.

Not having a go at you but the comments that are on the lines of being sympathetic to Alex Neil really irk me considering the way he treated the likes of my Dad (to be fair, Alex isn't the only one guilty).
Sorry to hear that your Dad had a bad experience. Must make things like this very difficult for you.

It's obvious to me that model we have tried out has failed. A crop of young players has matured and the nucleus been broken up without them being replaced by players of equal standard-the young players brought in as long term replacements have not made enough progress. The stars of that crop have left without us being properly compensated. No under 23s. It's something of a disaster IMO. I actually think AN has got a nearly impossible task at the moment and I feel for him. The club needs an overhaul though.

Would you not say the appointment of Beet reflects a step towards modernisation?

Would agree, he's very much responsible, would agree I'm accepting of the situation because I have supported us through worse. I could see Ridsdale being successful here despite past failings whereas someone like Lindsay never could be. You've got to be careful what you wish for.
At the moment none of us know, but even if beet does implement some clear strategy it still falls to one man to manage the club's fortunes, PR is responsible for all the shit we have, we don't have to be careful we need a purpose

What you have posted or expressed is nothing compared to what would have been shouted at him at the end of matches if crowds were in the ground, would thouse people be held to account the way you have ? no need to apologise, your just showing your love and passion for the club that needs change, because this has been going on for the last 12 months TBH
If crowds were in the ground, he'd have gone ages ago, because the dogs abuse aimed at Neil would have also turned on Ridsdale in the ground and the minute that happened, it would have made him and Hemming's take action.
Performances have been the worst I have witnessed in many, many years and recruitment for a club regularly in the top half of the championship has been woeful. The countless duds we've taken on loan from the premier League have nearly all been serious errors of judgement - the latest one being someone who can't even take a throw in - and the lower league players we have recruited are largely never up to the job. We now need improvements all over the pitch.

Sorry to hear that your Dad had a bad experience. Must make things like this very difficult for you.
It does. I never claim to be 'in the know' but knowing some of the stuff what goes/went on saddens me (hard for me to describe in great detail on here). It breaks my heart a bit knowing the club I love and have supported all my life is run the way it is/has been (Alex not being the only problem).

It is a shame that it has got to the point It has with Alex.

They should have come to an agreement earlier in the season. The Blackburn home game was a pivotal moment for me when it looked like things where heading one way.

Alex Neil is no Graham Westley but the toxicity and split in the fan base could have been avoided much like with GW if we had moved on eariler.

Hemmings and Ridsdale need to take an huge amount of responsibility for that.

Its my view they have been hiding behind covid trying to hobble through until the end of the season without paying off his contract

I wish Alex all the best in his future career and hopefully a break from the game will do him good.

Now we need to move on, get some positively back and hope we can pick up enough points to stay up. Relegation would be catastrophic.

At the moment none of us know, but even if beet does implement some clear strategy it still falls to one man to manage the club's fortunes, PR is responsible for all the shit we have, we don't have to be careful we need a purpose

I do kind of agree. Been saying for years we need to be doing everything differently to everyone as a club as we have no right to go up. I am encouraged by Beet coming in and hope what he does is bought into on all levels. Otherwise the plan is just 'lets hope we go on a 20 game winning run from nowhere' which ain't gonna happen.

Alex isn't worthy of our support and compassion.

Not having a go at you but the comments that are on the lines of being sympathetic to Alex Neil really irk me considering the way he treated the likes of my Dad (to be fair, Alex isn't the only one guilty).

He who be without sin cast the first stone.

You've just been so hypocritical.

I do kind of agree. Been saying for years we need to be doing everything differently to everyone as a club as we have no right to go up. I am encouraged by Beet coming in and hope what he does is bought into on all levels. Otherwise the plan is just 'lets hope we go on a 20 game winning run from nowhere' which ain't gonna happen.
Beet is irrelevant in a way, PR has just allowed 5 first team players to get to 6months on their contact, allowed probs north of 10m leave for fuck all. No rewards - needs to get out and for the club to wake up. I honestly cannot believe the focus isn't on this fella.

I do agree with some of the sentiment on this thread about social media. It's just full of memes and people constantly taking the piss out of people who are in the public spotlight. If a close friend or family member or mine was in a position like Alex Neil's I wouldn't look at social media at all.

Beet is irrelevant in a way, PR has just allowed 5 first team players to get to 6months on their contact, allowed probs north of 10m leave for fuck all. No rewards - needs to get out and for the club to wake up. I honestly cannot believe the focus isn't on this fella.
Agreed. If we are setting up a new scouting/recruitment team then that's a good thing, but they will just be one cog in the system. Peter Ridsdale will still be in charge of transfers and doing deals, and our budget will still entirely depend on Hemmings. It's those 2 people who will define our future as a club.