Connor Ripley

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Emergency Goalkeeper Loan
If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:
certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;
suspended; or
called up to play for his national association representative matches in accordance with the requirements of FIFA as laid down from time to time,

a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulations 43.2 and 43.3), a further goalkeeper on a short term basis in accordance with the following provisions.
The Club must supply to The League, (including by facsimile) written evidence to demonstrate the circumstances set out in Regulation 57.1 apply, together with the appropriate form(s) for his registration and The League having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation:
in respect of any fixture played on a weekday when the Office is normally open, at least three hours before the match; or
in respect of any other fixture:
a)
12 noon on the day of the match; or
b)
at least three hours before the match,

whichever is the earlier.
The period of any Emergency Goalkeeper Loan:
shall be for a period of seven days, inclusive of the starting date and finishing date; and
may be renewed for seven days at a time, subject to compliance with Regulation 57.2 in respect of each proposed renewal.
The provisions of Regulation 54.4.2 shall not apply to an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan.

PNE Chris

First Team
Crowe and Hudson have 2 professional appearances between them. Neither are close to a level of a starting championship keeper. The only chance we should be giving them is out on loan and way down the pyramid.

pne1881

First Team
It was in a bounce game, not training. Ligament injuries can occur at any time too so it's just unlucky.

Hudson looked a mile off in that Leeds game, understandably as he was only 16 I think. He has since been out on loan at Bury this season and barely made an appearance.

Crowe has played one professional game, classic North End fans writing him off already. I agree he had a shocker but fuck me, give the bloke a chance.
I don't think anyone is writing him off but would you like to see him come in for the rest of the season after the FA Cup game? I know I wouldn't. Would rather we played Hudson in all honesty.

pne1881

First Team
Can we recall him? Was it a loan deal til the end of the season without recall? Will he want to return to sit on our bench as opposed to Charltons?
Seeing as he had a face like a smacked backside when he was on our bench I doubt he'd want to.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Can we recall him? Was it a loan deal til the end of the season without recall? Will he want to return to sit on our bench as opposed to Charltons?
I wouldn't even consider recalling him. Bad influence IMO and I don't think it's any coincidence that Rudd's performances have improved since he left.

Hudson was alright in that Leeds game I thought, only for an Alan Browne shocker did he concede.
Recalling Maxwell not desirable but may become necessary.
Crowe has to leave on loan.
And after all, can always just chuck Gally in...!

buckshawwhite

First Team
I wouldn't even consider recalling him. Bad influence IMO and I don't think it's any coincidence that Rudd's performances have improved since he left.
Personally I feel that we sent the wrong keeper out on loan. But that has been done to death. Did his performances improve because Maxwell left or Ripley arrived?

sf

Manager
How did we get on in this bounce game? Imagine it was a decent side we put out with people like Barker & Ginnelly not making the squad.

boltons1

First Team
In terms of free transfers, looking at transfermarkt then the only option is Jake Kean really. Very thin on the ground for English goalkeepers on a free since the last window.

Aitch

Forum Patron
Patron
Surely we put Hudson on the bench as back up. If Rudd did happen to get injured, then we move for a keeper under the emergency loan system

I don't think anyone is writing him off but would you like to see him come in for the rest of the season after the FA Cup game? I know I wouldn't. Would rather we played Hudson in all honesty.
I wouldn't like to see either come in tbh, I'd rather Crowe than Hudson though in all honesty.

Not sure I agree that I have seen this happen...
NE fans on here are a reasonably considerate bunch. Don't always stick the boot in...
Are you joking? The match day thread after the Doncaster thread was basically a competition of who could slag him off most.

You're right though, it's not AS bad on here as it is on Twitter.

PNE Chris

First Team
I was thinking Maxwell could be recalled should Rudd get injured tbh. I've accepted Rudd is our first choice keeper now, as much as it pains me.

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
You cannot recall a loan player outside the transfer windows unless it's a youth loan

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron
Concern for me is the North End curse which says our next injury will be Rudd. Our injuries are always concentrated in the same area of the team