PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Connor Ripley

BPIG, I guess that draws two observations. I probably would have skipped over your comment, without replying, if your point was that the player (Crowe) was criticised. He was. However, I wasn't convinced that the player was deemed to be a write-off (on this forum).

As for forums, including twitter (the biggest, baddest of them all), are you aware that impersonation takes place, for the gratification of the impersonator ?

Go on there, purporting to be a fan of Melchester Rovers*, seek out their fans and come across all angry, very despondent or something else, just to see the reaction of the actual Melchester fans.

It takes an unusual personality to derive gratification in this way, admittedly. It wouldn't push any buttons for me.

*made up, obviously

Cuddy would probably do a better job than Crowe or Hudson tbh, certainly made more football league appearances which is apparently the way to measure ability.

From what I’ve heard, one of our starting 11 might not be keen on him returning and I don’t mean Rudd!

There's been plenty of these rumours doing the rounds, and Rudd's performances have certainly improved since he left. There were also reliable stories of him being sent home from training and having a few strops. Why anyone would want Maxwell is beyond me. He's an average keeper and seems to be a disruption.

I wanted Maxwell because he can actually claim a ball and I find it hard to judge someone based on very vague posts about their attitude.

It seems a bit strange to have two keepers with relatively no first team experience IMO

Still I think in an Emergency situation we should trust one of them or else what's the point in having both on the books
I might be wrong, but I don't think the Club has said Ripley's injury IS long term

Well , I own a hammer, and a broken little toe should suffice as an injury that would heal in time for preseason, and satisfy a "medical practitioner" , then we go for emergency cover

It seems a bit strange to have two keepers with relatively no first team experience IMO

Still I think in an Emergency situation we should trust one of them or else what's the point in having both on the books
I might be wrong, but I don't think the Club has said Ripley's injury IS long term
they wont know until its confirmed as a 1; 2; 3 or 4......but 8 weeks is average for a 2/3....

Out for the Season.

Goalkeeper Connor Ripley is likely to be sidelined for the remainder of the season with an ankle injury.
Ripley, who joined North End from Middlesbrough in January, suffered damage to an ankle ligament in a behind-closed-doors game on Tuesday afternoon at Springfields.
Following the 2-1 win over Bolton Wanderers, manager Alex Neil confirmed that Connor is going to require surgery.
Speaking to the media, the manager said: "It looks like Connor is going to require surgery which is disappointing, I’d imagine we’ll probably see him next season.
"There wasn’t really anything in it. He was just going to shepherd the ball out of play and his foot got caught in a divot or something and he’s just rolled his ankle and his ligament has snapped. It’s not great news for him at all."
Everyone at PNE would like to wish Connor a speedy recovery.

Well the latest news about Connor is not good at all, out for the season

If we had a realistic chance of making the play off's, I would look at bringing Maxwell back, after all we must still be paying him a fair slice of his wages, he might as well sit on our bench as Charlton's

Can’t see us buying another, emergency or not, other option is to bring Hudson back, not sure how much game time he is getting where he is‘

Bolton had their Goalkeeper coach on the bench recently as 3 others were injured....

Jack Cudworth - come on down !!!!!
I don't think Jack would be able to play. Didn't he retire early due to injury? If so he'd have received an insurance payout most likely, which would be put in jeopardy if he was able to make a professional appearance.

If we had a realistic chance of making the play off's, I would look at bringing Maxwell back, after all we must still be paying him a fair slice of his wages, he might as well sit on our bench as Charlton's

Can’t see us buying another, emergency or not, other option is to bring Hudson back, not sure how much game time he is getting where he is‘

I thought Hudson was back at Deepdale now?

We can't recall him outside of the transfer window