Connor Simpson on a hyding to nothing

Strongbow

Manager
With our recent striker crisis would have thought he might have made the bench but obviously AN thought better so I'll trust his judgement on this one ... some work out some don't, but in fairness he's only 18 years old so plenty of time to flourish but nagging doubt is Hartlepool to Hyde, progression or not cutting the mustard ?

york white

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm told he has looked way off, even at youth level. Shame given we spent 25% of Trev's budget on him.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
I wonder if they offered him to Brig? Same division. Plastic pitch at Hyde as well so I guess they won’t have games called off when the wet pitches arrive

Hopefully can help him.
Never seen him play so innocent question here- what's he like from anyone that's seen any action of him?? And if so, what are his weaknesses?

Hopefully can help him.
Never seen him play so innocent question here- what's he like from anyone that's seen any action of him?? And if so, what are his weaknesses?
its hard to describe his qualities without making it seem overly negative....

I've seen him score with nice finishes; Ive seen him miss glaring chances.

I've seen him win good headers as the target man and I've also seen him look like he cant jump.

He is fairly mobile but not fast - neither is Crouch !

He does look lightweight in the challenge but does try to attack the ball in a challenge...

IF I was comparing him to Hugil for instance, we dont know how 'good or bad' Hugil as at 18....

Needs to fill out and to dominate CB's more, plus finish better - but he is young enough to be different.....

IF he was 6' I would say I cant see him making it, but players his height are few and far between and so worth sticking with 'just in case' !

HunterLionheart

First Team
Pace reliant players often break through a lot earlier as you can use pace and skill without having to fill out.

Seems like a longer project for a potential targetman- needs to develop that strength and confidence to bully defenders. It won't be a quick process, but fingers crossed he'll get there.