Connor Simpson on a hyding to nothing

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
sports rehab;n3421244 said:
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/17346581.new-carlisle-utd-striker-wont-give-defenders-a-minute-says-his-former-boss-darren-kelly/

lovely write up about Connor from Hyde boss...

I am surprised he has joined a club without a manager - but it again proves that it isnt often managers decide on signings !!!!

Certainly a step or 3 up from Hyde and we can at least see him occasionally in Quest !!

Parked next to him at Uclan on Tuesday when he came to watch the youths after his morning session at Springys....
That IS a nice write up.

Worthington

Manager
Regardless;n3421326 said:
That IS a nice write up.
So reading that, even down at Hyde United's level they are monitoring the distance that their players are putting in during games. I thought that level of sports science would just be in the professional game.

Nice One.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Worthington;n3421346 said:
So reading that, even down at Hyde United's level they are monitoring the distance that their players are putting in during games. I thought that level of sports science would just be in the professional game.

Nice One.
They probably make them wear those plastic pedometers you can get in Poundland.

shavedgoat

Reserve
Spoke to a mate of mine this week who plays for Hyde. He said that for a big lad Simpson has extremely good feet and was really impressive in training. He was disappointed Connor was recalled because he felt he was adding a lot to their squad. I hope he shows the same promise at Carlisle.

sf

Manager
Bagged the winner in a 1-0 win.

Edit - Just seen on Twitter that he admitted to not touching it, what kind of striker does that??

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
sf;n3427108 said:
Bagged the winner in a 1-0 win.

Edit - Just seen on Twitter that he admitted to not touching it, what kind of striker does that??
One that isn't called Nmecha! ;):p

Just playing. :D

Mickypne

First Team
Never a red card that. Yellow all day. The officials outside the Prem are so poor and the fa don't give two shit's as the money is in the prem. Also it was an og. Simpson not touched that

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
ernest;n3427378 said:
Here are the Sky hihglights of Carlisle's game -presumably Simpson is the fellow who gets in on the end of the cross not the player who pulls the ball back:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/11618800/port-vale-0-1-carlisle

If so he has filled out a bit.
Yes he's the one sliding in around the 6 yard box. The defender in front of him puts it in the net though. He is a good size, I thought that in the few games when he was sub when warming up.

ernest

Manager
Tino;n3427626 said:
Yes he's the one sliding in around the 6 yard box. The defender in front of him puts it in the net though. He is a good size, I thought that in the few games when he was sub when warming up.
Yes it is clearly an own goal. For the moment lower league experience is what Simpson needs.

sedgwick__7

First Team
Preston North End loanee Connor Simpson simply is not doing enough to force his way into the Carlisle United side, according to boss Steven Pressley.

The towering teenager scored the winner for the Cumbrians at Port Vale at the end of January.

But the 19-year-old has only made three appearances in total and has been regularly left out of Pressley’s matchday squad, including for the 2-0 defeat at Newport on Saturday.

“He’s not done well enough, that’s the reality of it,” the Carlisle boss told the News and Star.

“In training and in the friendly at Sunderland last Tuesday, he’s not done well enough.

“He needs to do better. It’s Connor – he’s got a responsibility. He’s come here and needs to do better in training and the games and he knows that.”

Desire is something you can't teach a player.

It looks like someone has given him a massive opportunity and he hasn't taken it for some reason.

With his height and size he should be ripping it up!

epsilon

Reserve
Carlisle's manager left on 4 Jan. The club signed Simpson on 9 Jan and a new manager was appointed 16 Jan.

Simpson came on as sub in the first 3 games: 63m, 83m, 73m

In the third game Simpson scored, which Carlisle won 1-0.

They haven't won any of the 5 games since, drawing two of them. Simpson was an unused sub in one of those five. Not in the matchday squad for the rest.

On the face of the 3 partial games and 1 goal, maybe the manager is missing an opportunity here ?

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Carlisle's manager left on 4 Jan. The club signed Simpson on 9 Jan and a new manager was appointed 16 Jan.

They haven't won any of the 5 games since, drawing two of them. Simpson was an unused sub in one of those five. Not in the matchday squad for the rest.

On the face of the 3 partial games and 1 goal, maybe the manager is missing an opportunity here ?
He's questioned his attitude in training.

And all though he was given that goal at Port Vale he touched the ball as much as I did. It was a clear own goal.

pbc373

Forum Patron
Patron

Or maybe he just is not good enough

Mickypne

First Team
He's still very young, younger than Hugil when he went out to Hartlepool. We should have left him at Hyde. Carlisle who were top 6 is a step too soon imo. This time last season he was still playing with our kids.

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
He's still very young, younger than Hugil when he went out to Hartlepool. We should have left him at Hyde. Carlisle who were top 6 is a step too soon imo. This time last season he was still playing with our kids.
He seemed to be doing ok under Sheridan, but since the new Manager came in he hasn’t really had a look in. The new Manager obviously doesn’t rate him.