Connor Simpson on a hyding to nothing

Worthington

Manager
Hopefully Alex Neil has spoken to both Connor and Pressley about those comments. Pressley for a full report on Connor and Connor to tell him what is expected of him from Carlisle. Maybe if it comes from Alex Neil he'll take heed of it.

If he's not good enough then fair enough, but there is noting worse than a player not meeting their potential due to lack of effort.

Nice One.

diggerb

First Team
Pressley, another manager who seems to go from one club to another no matter how poorly he performs previously, I would value his opinion about the same as some guy you would meet in a pub. Chancer !!!

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
Sheridan used Simpson and he was getting decent reports, so it seems strange that he can’t get anywhere near the squad under Pressley. I think it’s just a case of one Manager using him to his strengths, and another Manager not realising/utilising him to his strengths.

I don’t know if we can recall him or not, but if we can, I would be doing so immediately. Pressley could do the lad more harm than good, as it can’t be doing anything for his confidence......especially being criticised in public. I think the fact that Pressley has criticised Simpson in public, tells us more about Pressley than it does Simpson.....imo.

kbd_pne

Manager
Some were convinced he would have been our saviour off the bench at Rotherham in January. Having a go at AN for not bringing him on. In reality he isn’t even good enough yet to make the bench for a fairly mediocre L2 outfit.

Not having a go at him, he’s a very young player trying to find his way in the game. Target men tend to develop later too.

I just think some fans’ expectations of him are a bit too high, maybe because he was linked with a few big clubs before joining us.

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
Carlisle were flying until Sheridan walked out. They’d just won 6 on the trot and were in the top 3. Since Pressley has come in, they’ve not only dropped out of the top 3, but have even dropped out of the playoffs, gaining just 2 points from their last 5 games. It would appear that it’s not only Simpson that he can’t get used to playing his system.

It seemed a bit odd that the Manager would come out and publicly criticise a young player out of the blue. Maybe he’s already coming under pressure from the fans, and maybe they’ve questioned his decision not to have Simpson in the squad. Pure guesswork on my part, but something has happened for him to publicly criticise the lad.

I think "he needs to do better" could be applied to the manager with result since he went in !

Clearly has no interest in developing Connor - like the previous guys had done.....

bit like us and Brandon Barker !!!

janiejones

First Team
Under Sheridan, Connor was a regular on the bench and made 2 or 3 brief appearances. Pressley came in and signed Cullen on loan from Shitpool, a forward from Villa and Stefan Scougall. So Connor has slipped down the pecking order. Why Pressley feels it necessary to criticise a young lad, only he knows. What a cock.

NORTHENDRTOPS

Forum Patron
Patron
Would be good if we could hear how the likes of Connor and Adam do every week, I'm expecting big things from Adam.

Vesuvius17

Reserve
Would be good if we could hear how the likes of Connor and Adam do every week, I'm expecting big things from Adam.
I don’t know how Adam actually played but he was subbed off on 58 minutes and Hyde were 1-0 down at the time. Former youth player Will Hayhurst was playing for the opposition.

Lee Trundle

Reserve
Pressley is a massive cock end so I'm not too concerned, probably just trying to get a reaction out of him in an effort to turn it around.
Yeah he’s done shit all as a manager, apart from get mouthy every time we played against one of his sides.

He had one decent half season at Coventry and that’s it in terms of successes. That Coventry team had Calum Wilson and Leon Clarke scoring for fun as well

epsilon

Reserve
TOPS: Simpson had another cameo from the bench against Notts County (12 Mar). Quite a bit better this time - 71st minute.

Carlisle have lost another striker to injury (on 9 Mar) and he's out until mid April. Cullen.

For what it's worth the only comments that I've seen from Carlisle fans are quite positive about Connor.

Comment1
Comment2
Comment3

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I don’t know how Adam actually played but he was subbed off on 58 minutes and Hyde were 1-0 down at the time. Former youth player Will Hayhurst was playing for the opposition.
Good to know he's doing OK. I wouldn't describe him as a former youth player... he definitely played enough games to be just labelled as a former player.

I think this lad was unlucky.

BenPearsonIsGod

First Team
Good to know he's doing OK. I wouldn't describe him as a former youth player... he definitely played enough games to be just labelled as a former player.

I think this lad was unlucky.
Unlucky that he wasn't blessed with height or pace, yeah. He was nowhere near good enough for us, as proven by the fact he's now at Farsley Celtic.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Unlucky that he wasn't blessed with height or pace, yeah. He was nowhere near good enough for us, as proven by the fact he's not at Farsley Celtic.
I think he broke both his legs at critical stages of his young career - then did he have a bad injury after he'd broken into the team? Perhaps a key reason he didn't have enough pace and is now playing for Farsley.