PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Connor Wickham Signs (Confirmed)

What did he say? for someone who can't be assed listening to it?
Basically intimated that we’re looking at other free agents to fill the last spot in the 25

Seems like there could be another incoming
As at 1 September, the initial deadline. Fulham and Luton were the only 2 championship clubs to have allocated the names of 25 players to their squad.
Some have only allocated names in the teens! The numbers exclude under 21’s of course.

Could Andre Wisdom be someone we would consider taking a look at ?

Not sure how well he played for Derby in the last year or two but he's a free agent, still only 28 and has played over 130 Championship games, plus almost 50 in the Prem. Played 38 games last season for Derby so not like Brown or Wickham where we'd be signing someone who hasn't been playing.

The idea when Sepp came back was that he would probably end up at centre back, but the way he gets up and down the pitch there's no reason to move him away from wing back for the forseeable future. Therefore, could Wisdom be a decent option to provide competition and cover for Storey in the RCB role ?

I am saying all this based on profile and position and what we need, by the way. As I said, not much of an idea what his quality of performances were like for Derby in recent years but he's apparently always been decent at this level.

Could Andre Wisdom be someone we would consider taking a look at ?

Not sure how well he played for Derby in the last year or two but he's a free agent, still only 28 and has played over 130 Championship games, plus almost 50 in the Prem. Played 38 games last season for Derby so not like Brown or Wickham where we'd be signing someone who hasn't been playing.

The idea when Sepp came back was that he would probably end up at centre back, but the way he gets up and down the pitch there's no reason to move him away from wing back for the forseeable future. Therefore, could Wisdom be a decent option to provide competition and cover for Storey in the RCB role ?

I am saying all this based on profile and position and what we need, by the way. As I said, not much of an idea what his quality of performances were like for Derby in recent years but he's apparently always been decent at this level.
I suggested him quite a few times over the summer. Solid but unremarkable championship player, quite surprised nobody has picked him up yet, unless his wages are mental...

You heard summat or…?
Frankie's already confirmed that somebody's training with us, but he said he didn't know much about him, or some such cryptic comment. Only young though, so didn't someone else on here say he was with the u18's ?

He was stabbed in June 2020, missed the rest of that post-lockdown restart period but played the whole of last season.
Who was stabbed Sedge ? Connor Wickham ?

Just googled it Sedge….. AW was stabbed in head and buttocks as he had his watch stolen….

Needs to get fit (should start on Tuesday), but gives us something different. Strong as an ox