Connor Wickham

Adam .

Manager
So this lads name was flagging up a lot in the match-day thread.

Apparently he was sat with some other North End players in the Invincibles.

Sure I also sure that he has been rumoured to have been training with us this past week?

Anyone any other info? Signing on shortly?

Possibly an ITK'er may be able to shed some light on this one.

Wikipedia Page

Lee Trundle

Forum Patron
Patron
Think people would be fuming with this one, but if Ched's feet are ruined, then I dont think he would be a bad option.

Mobile target man, short on goals but wouldnt be terrible as a cheap option

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Think people would be fuming with this one, but if Ched's feet are ruined, then I dont think he would be a bad option.

Mobile target man, short on goals but wouldnt be terrible as a cheap option
The entire team is made up of average cheap options. I’d rather play Potts than add yet another one, one who can’t play more than 20 games a season at that

Lee Trundle

Forum Patron
Patron
Wickham has always had talent, just injury issues. I wouldn't hate a pay as you play type deal for him, if he's showing enough in training.

Im really hesitant to just write off strikers, dont think there were many in favour of Ched from a footballing perspective and he played really well in the second half of last season.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Wickham has always had talent, just injury issues. I wouldn't hate a pay as you play type deal for him, if he's showing enough in training.
Problem is squad limit. Waste of a position on someone just on a pay as you play deal, especially since he’ll hardly play. He’s played 20 games in a single season once since 2015

Tugg Speedman

Forum Patron
Patron
Im really hesitant to just write off strikers, dont think there were many in favour of Ched from a footballing perspective and he played really well in the second half of last season.

There's always an outside chance he could do ok for us.

But career stats from Wiki say it's very unlikely. 43 goals from 220 league appearances.

Hoz '

Advisor to PR
Patron
In that case, Frankie and Beat need to gang up on PR and Trev saying he isn't recommended by him and Frankie doesnt want him!

What is the point of employing the 2 main people if they have no say in the matter.