Connor Wickham

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
Izzy Brown didn’t break down, it was an innocuous incident in training. Point taken still
He got a long term injury before the season kicked off. I'm sorry but there was always a decent chance something like that would happen given his history of injuries.

Not the players fault, and I genuinely feel sorry for him and Wickham. But it's piss poor recruitment over quite a few years from ourselves that got us into taking risks on unreliable players on a fitness level.

Let's also not forget that we also signed Olusunde, who has yet to play a single minute of competive football for us, who only managed to play 9 league games over 85 minutes out of 46 last season.

Well done Peter!

Walmer88

Advisor to the Owner
c2679e9a9cb4a0481ec4b46c8ab35527.gif

Actual slow-mo footage of Wickham breaking down…

Pne_Gaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Hope Wickham isn’t too serious

Did say earlier he’s made of quavers

All to predictable although I expected more than 7 mins 🤦‍♂️
Honestly didn't even feel that long!
Frankie saying that Conor is having a scan tomorrow and Liam looks like he’s got a serious knee injury😕
Can't say I'll miss Lindsay but we certainly needed the cover at CB, hopefully whatever is going with Hunts resolves positively and he can't take his place on the bench

europne

Forum Patron
Patron
Was it there 26 who caused both injuries?

He was certainly responsible for Lindsay’s injury and should have got a red for that.

Wickham was taken out at knee level, nasty .

Would like to see a replay of both tackles....

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
Looked like a hamstring injury. Was a big hit he got caught with to be honest.

Such a shame. Mentally he must be absolutely all over the place after being out of so long and that happening three minutes into his first competitive start in 2 years.

People can say he's a sicknote or made of glass etc but the guy clearly just wants to play football and whether its wretched luck or his body just can't take it anymore who knows but he must be absolutely gutted to have yet another hurdle to overcome.
From were I was it looked more like an impact injury rather than a hamstring….either way you have to feel sorry for the lad.

Final Stand

Forum Patron
Patron
I think it will depend on Evans' condition as to whether Wickham signs. Let's face it, he's not great anymore, he's way off match fitness and he could break down at any time. But if they know that Ched is knackered then it is a sensible cheap option to fill the potential target man void.
He got a long term injury before the season kicked off. I'm sorry but there was always a decent chance something like that would happen given his history of injuries.

Not the players fault, and I genuinely feel sorry for him and Wickham. But it's piss poor recruitment over quite a few years from ourselves that got us into taking risks on unreliable players on a fitness level.

Let's also not forget that we also signed Olusunde, who has yet to play a single minute of competive football for us, who only managed to play 9 league games over 85 minutes out of 46 last season.

Well done Peter!

A poor transfer window then? 2 crocks and the invisible man? Olusunde last seen on a pony trekking holiday with Elvis and Lord Lucan riding Shergar.

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
Was it there 26 who caused both injuries?

He was certainly responsible for Lindsay’s injury and should have got a red for that.

Wickham was taken out at knee level, nasty .

Would like to see a replay of both tackles....
There were 3 really bad tackles in the first half. Maguire was almost put out of the game as well. I was wondering how many more at one point. They were all very heavy and late challenges. How this becomes the fault of our transfer policy im not sure. It gave Cheltenham an advantage as we were left with only 1 sub. They got what they deserved in the end. Poor show from them.

Final Stand

Forum Patron
Patron
There were 3 really bad tackles in the first half. Maguire was almost put out of the game as well. I was wondering how many more at one point. They were all very heavy and late challenges. How this becomes the fault of our transfer policy im not sure. It gave Cheltenham an advantage as we were left with only 1 sub. They got what they deserved in the end. Poor show from them.

So it’s just down to Cheltenham and bad luck.

Believe it or not there was some red flags out there for PNE, Crystal Palace: Steve Parish endured a transfer nightmare over Connor Wickham:

Now if a premiership club with all their resources available to them cannot get him playing?

Have North End ever thought about the return on Kieffer Moore or Ivan Toney, in terms of investment, number of games played, goals scored and follow-on transfer fees, in terms of going for supposedly the cheap options?

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner

Believe it or not there was some red flags out there for PNE, Crystal Palace: Steve Parish endured a transfer nightmare over Connor Wickham:

Now if a premiership club with all their resources available to them cannot get him playing?

Have North End ever thought about the turn on Kieffer Moore or Ivan Toney, in terms of investment, number of games played, goals scored and follow-on transfer fees, in terms of getting for supposedly the cheap options?
First question. Yes.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
It was right in front of me and as I said on the MDT, he immediately reached back and gripped his hamstring. Couldn’t tell if it was that or a dead leg at the time but if he’s having a scan then I wouldn’t imagine it’s a dead leg.
You are probably right about it being his hamstring which is very strange that it’s gone when he’s being tackled/fouled?

Ron Burgundy

Forum Patron
Patron

Have North End ever thought about the return on Kieffer Moore or Ivan Toney, in terms of investment, number of games played, goals scored and follow-on transfer fees, in terms of going for supposedly the cheap options?

Hemmings philosophy, penny wise pound foolish.

Newtothis

Reserve

Well done Peter!
We have a bad habit of always going for the cheapest option, and look what happens, we never learn.