PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Connor Wickham

Frightening to think Connor Wickham has cost £15million in transfer fees MORE than Lionel Messi during their careers...
No disrespect to Connor but I'm really surprised as to how the fuck he managed to get all those transfer fees for him...

He must have Paul Pogba's agent......

Yeah I often think about this when people say that he was a one club man ( which of course he was ) but if he had had his way he would have gone apparently…

The then board rejected the offer from Palermo and that was the end of the matter
In his book, he says he wasn't sure whether he would have actually gone, even if NE had let him.

Would be interesting to see a list of the injuries he has had in his career, how long they kept him out and how they were caused.

Et voila!

I find it quite amusing that a player that has played in the top league, scored at that level and has been sold for £10m has to be on trial what feels like three times the length of Jamie Thomas, who isn't even in the 25 as of right now.
Good point. I don't find it amusing however. I'm with the others who say why on earth would you offer Jamie Thomas a contract and not put him in the 25man squad, especially after izzy Brown and harrop are not in it who play the same position I believe.

If Frankie decides he needs him, I wouldn't even give him the year. Deal till January with an option to extend till the end of the season I reckon.

Hes like a shit Dean Ashton, a player who would've gone on to have a very solid career

Fwiw I am doubtful he will play for pne

I think you are right. I think they will intensify training in the coming weeks, his body will break down again and we will just say thanks but no thanks.

Sensible ? Really in your own words “he could break down at any time”?
Honestly, if you are going to quote me don't chop out the bit that makes it sense. The point I was making was that this may be a stop gap option for a target man when needed if they think that Ched's injury will make him ineffective. Don't pick and choose my words.

There's no doubt he was sorely tempted, but of course, it wasn't his decision. This is what he says in his autobiography:
Ok interestin. Which book is this one. Not sure where I read my thoughts. Maybe "Finney the perfect player" by Paul Agnew I believe.

Honestly, if you are going to quote me don't chop out the bit that makes it sense. The point I was making was that this may be a stop gap option for a target man when needed if they think that Ched's injury will make him ineffective. Don't pick and choose my words.

Could you please again clarify your logic regards Wickham, a player who can breakdown anytime, is a sound stop gap solution for Evans? 🤣

So many experts on here, so many varying opinions, everyone is right they think, I prefer leaving it to those who have far more information.

If we take the risk and it works then great, if it doesn’t we won’t have lost too much on the gamble, or maybe we won’t even go there.

Whatever happens there will be grumbling from the experts 😂😂😂