PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Contacting Nobber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just come across this thread and must admit it doesn't make for pleasant reading.

Nobs, you get on my tits more than any other poster on here, but at times like this your mental health is far more important than any personal differences.

I know how good this forum can be when experiencing a period of difficulty so can understand how distressing this period must feel.

It would be rather hypocritical of me to start criticising the moderators for banning you, but I can understand the sentiment behind the calls for dropping the ban. As Raef says, you're never going to change!

I want to extend a hand, as you have done so many times for others over the years. Here if you need to talk. My email address is (removed at the request of the poster), I'll leave it on here for half a day in case you want to take it down and then I'll edit the post to remove this last sentence.

All the best bud. Forum is certainly a duller place recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks pal.

I'm not going to post my thoughts on here regarding the above out of decency. But, if you'd like to talk about anything, including this, please feel free to email me.

On topic, I'd like to add that I think you're a bloody good man for the help you give to others, the willingness you have to be there when people need you does not go unnoticed and is a really respectable trait.

Upsets me to hear that you're struggling again, and would just like to say if there's anything I can do to help then I'm just a message away.

Just to repeat what was said previously, this thread is strictly for mental health issues only. Any other posts will be deleted.

And if this is a continuation, as I was banned a year ago for a month then I definitely need an explanation.

I was seriously ill last year, and got banned for a month. The reason I was told was for calling someone’s mum a Nazi. Two mods openly discussed it on the forum that me calling someone’s mum a Nazi was the reason. Again, all the posts are still there, so same as this time I don’t know why I was banned for a month, as that was untrue.

So please will someone explain to me, just so I can have some peace of mind, what is going on here. I am pretty sure I am being removed from the forum, it feels like a corporate dismissal. So all I am asking is for an explanation before I go.

I don’t know what’s gone on with this ban but I miss you awkward argumentative bugger that you are, take care and stay safe and I look forwards to seeing your posts on here in the near future...

I don’t know what’s gone on with this ban but I miss you awkward argumentative bugger that you are, take care and stay safe and I look forwards to seeing your posts on here in the near future...
Hang on in there pal.
I can’t answer your question, but you are most certainly not disliked. A few people you don’t get along with and are a proper pain to others, but you only fight for what you believe in and there is absolutely nowt wrong with that.
If you want a talk or a walk, give me a shout 👍

It's not nice to see someone suffer because they're unable to access the forum properly. Yes, it's possibly his own doing, but maybe a clearer more in depth reason could be given to Nobber as to why he's been banned, maybe a reason has been given, but obviously it needs reiterating.

Seems like he does his best to help people with their mental health, it may also be that his posts have put others at times through stress. If he's genuine, what's to say he won't make amends with those he's upset just as he tries to help others?

Nothing's worth losing your mental health over, right?

It's not nice to see someone suffer because they're unable to access the forum properly. Yes, it's possibly his own doing, but maybe a clearer more in depth reason could be given to Nobber as to why he's been banned, maybe a reason has been given, but obviously it needs reiterating.

Seems like he does his best to help people with their mental health, it may also be that his posts have put others at times through stress. If he's genuine, what's to say he won't make amends with those he's upset just as he tries to help others?

Nothing's worth losing your mental health over, right?
Obviously there needs to be some lessons learnt from this. Some changes to the manner in which people post and address other posters.

It’s a very difficult one really as yes it is hard when banned when the forum may be your main source of contact with people at times. However it isn’t a free for all to act as you want, as you state, to the detriment of some other posters mental state, and then when banned (it is 3 months for a reason as an accumulation of bans and behaviour) and then blame the mods for it.

There are plenty of offers of support and from me personally an olive branch. I imagine the next ban after 3 months is 6 months or even permanent so ‘he just is who he is and will never change’ is not a good enough excuse.

I feel sorry for Nobber and I hope he takes the support of those on the forum, me included, but for me it demonstrates the need for posters to be more tolerable to others and stop the group bullying at times as many people have issues.

Nobber is banned. I did not ban him, it was a collective decision and he’s been told the reasons, Also, it’s not just me that’s been deleting posts on here, it’s all of us. Anyone who needs to be contacted can do so by posting contact details on this thread. I’m saying nothing else on here.
Lastly, have any of you stopped to think what effect this has on mods. We’re ordinary lads trying to do a fucking difficult job without any reward whatsoever and we get a lot of shit for doing so.
If Nobber wants to get in touch with people he has the means and I’m not taking much more of this so if it continues I’ll close the thread and delete any other’s that are started by him.

Obviously there needs to be some lessons learnt from this. Some changes to the manner in which people post and address other posters...

Absolutely. I can't support people being bullied, and at the same time don't like when people are deprived of what truly matters to them.

Hopefully all will be well in the end.

Nobber is banned. I did not ban him, it was a collective decision and he’s been told the reasons, Also, it’s not just me that’s been deleting posts on here, it’s all of us. Anyone who needs to be contacted can do so by posting contact details on this thread. I’m saying nothing else on here.
Lastly, have any of you stopped to think what effect this has on mods. We’re ordinary lads trying to a fucking difficult job without any reward whatsoever and we get a lot of shit for doing so.
If Nobber wants to get in touch with people he has the means and I’m not taking much more of this so if it continues I’ll close the thread and delete any other’s that are started by him.
For me this thread should have been closed after post #1 as that provided the content it needed. It was always then going to end up in some form of ‘free Nobber’ or mod bashing and envisage it will continue to do so.

It is sad to see a fellow man suffer but attitudes and behaviours need to change to avoid a permanent ban. Through Raefil there appears a clear route for Nobber and other posters to communicate and provide support outside the eyeline of the open public forum.

The support is there

Lastly, have any of you stopped to think what effect this has on mods. We’re ordinary lads trying to a fucking difficult job without any reward whatsoever and we get a lot of shit for doing so.

I've got to give it to you, you all do a great job and I appreciate that. Just like posters shouldn't get grief, you shouldn't get grief for keeping the peace Just like I said before, this forum's a microcosm of society, it can't be easy to keep everyone happy.

I'm sure we all want what's best for everyone, but that probably doesn't come across as balanced at times regarding the people behind the scenes.

I found going out and doing my filming helped my mental health a lot over the last year or so. It's not always easy to find the inspiration to get out, especially if it means just seeing the same trees you've seen everyday for 20+ years, but everything starts with that first step.

I found going out and doing my filming helped my mental health a lot over the last year or so. It's not always easy to find the inspiration to get out, especially if it means just seeing the same trees you've seen everyday for 20+ years, but everything starts with that first step.
I think this is key. Forcing yourself to get out and do more. I’ve found taking on more at work and exercising as got me out and about and more focused on positive things.

I guess I go back to the forum. It is a great place to talk about a whole host of topics, although the footy chat will always be the best for me, but when I find myself solely on the forum for a number of days it means I haven’t been out being active and it’s a vicious circle.

So hobbies and being more active is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.