PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Corona Virus Experience and Advice

Lots of people have tickly niggly coughs at the back of the throat right now and expressing phlegm, good idea to check it with a test but at this time of year, not much fresh air circulating and warm heat inside the house makes for a germ haven too. Actually I keep Covonia available for those tickly coughs, it's a winner for me. Good luck Beagle, I would hope you'll get the result by tomorrow morning early.

Hi, yes it came back negative thanks which is a big relief as I'm my mums sole carer, she lives 5 miles away so would have caused probs. As you state i have an awful throat and coughing like I've swallowed a dog hair... Proper annoying. Thanks for asking everyone.
Superb news.

An old work colleague of mine passed away from Covid a couple of days ago. He was 43 years old. 43. Semi-heavy smoker and BAME. Went to sleep on Tuesday night and didn’t wake up.

He was an absolute gem of a human being, cool as fuck and passionate about film, music, all sorts of things. Always had time for you, whatever you wanted to talk about he would be down for. Wacky as hell too. Used to be in a glam rock band in Sheffield. Made a number of short films. I actually thought we were gonna make a film together one day, we had very similar tastes. Due to the closeness between colleagues at the place where I used to work, it almost feels like a death in the family. He was such a treasured member of staff, the backbone of Curzon Soho in London for nearly 15 years. He will be sorely, sorely missed.

RIP Booth.

My mate, who’s currently at home in Preston, said his neighbour’s husband had just come out of intensive care and said there were loads of young people on the ward, way more than she expected. This new strain is clearly not something to be messed with and I urge everyone to take every precaution necessary to keep themselves safe.

An old work colleague of mine passed away from Covid a couple of days ago. He was 43 years old. 43. Semi-heavy smoker and BAME. Went to sleep on Tuesday night and didn’t wake up.

He was an absolute gem of a human being, cool as fuck and passionate about film, music, all sorts of things. Always had time for you, whatever you wanted to talk about he would be down for. Wacky as hell too. Used to be in a glam rock band in Sheffield. Made a number of short films. I actually thought we were gonna make a film together one day, we had very similar tastes. Due to the closeness between colleagues at the place where I used to work, it almost feels like a death in the family. He was such a treasured member of staff, the backbone of Curzon Soho in London for nearly 15 years. He will be sorely, sorely missed.

RIP Booth.

My mate, who’s currently at home in Preston, said his neighbour’s husband had just come out of intensive care and said there were loads of young people on the ward, way more than she expected. This new strain is clearly not something to be messed with and I urge everyone to take every precaution necessary to keep themselves safe.
Sorry for your loss

RIP Booth.

He sounds like a great character and a really good friend.... sorry for your loss.

Really glad to have seen this thread. What abgreat idea. I had my jab yesterday. I'm only 39 but have a hole in my heart so I'm classed as vulnerable. I get the free flu jab and its an absolute god send as I used to get flu every year. Anyway, id like to share my experience in the hope it helps people if they haven't yet had it. The process was very easy, it took literally 5 minutes. However today I'm really poorly. I woke up with a temperature and my body was aching everywhere. I keep going in and out of situations where I feel like I'm ok then 10 minutes later ive no energy at all. I have a headache and I've just literally feel like I need to just lie down . Paracetamol is helping and fresh air in the yard is great. I suppose its good news in a way because its telling me my body is fighting. I had the Oxford vaccine and I was given a leaflet and after reading it , how I feel today can be normal. I also have a really sore arm. I'm not at all a soft guy and this isn't a gauge problem to me but I'd like people to know that after your vaccine, its quite normal to feel poorly . Water and paracetamol seem to be ok 👌. I hope everyone is OK and hope we're all getting vaccined so we can have a normal life again.

Really glad to have seen this thread. What abgreat idea. I had my jab yesterday. I'm only 39 but have a hole in my heart so I'm classed as vulnerable. I get the free flu jab and its an absolute god send as I used to get flu every year. Anyway, id like to share my experience in the hope it helps people if they haven't yet had it. The process was very easy, it took literally 5 minutes. However today I'm really poorly. I woke up with a temperature and my body was aching everywhere. I keep going in and out of situations where I feel like I'm ok then 10 minutes later ive no energy at all. I have a headache and I've just literally feel like I need to just lie down . Paracetamol is helping and fresh air in the yard is great. I suppose its good news in a way because its telling me my body is fighting. I had the Oxford vaccine and I was given a leaflet and after reading it , how I feel today can be normal. I also have a really sore arm. I'm not at all a soft guy and this isn't a gauge problem to me but I'd like people to know that after your vaccine, its quite normal to feel poorly . Water and paracetamol seem to be ok 👌. I hope everyone is OK and hope we're all getting vaccined so we can have a normal life again.
Pleased to hear youve had your jab. I had mine 2 weeks ago, also the Oxford/AZ. My arm ached from day 2 to day 4, though not as much as it did from the flu jab. I felt absolutely shite 12 hours after the jab (shivering, couldnt get warm, teeth chattering, feeling faint). I took a couple of paracetemol, went to bed and woke up feeling just fine. My wife had her jab at the same time as me and only had a sore arm which lasted a couple of days. Others that I know who had the Oxford/AZ jab had no symptoms at all but a few were like you - laid low for 24-36 hours.

I agree the process at the centre was brilliantly well organised

Pleased to hear youve had your jab. I had mine 2 weeks ago, also the Oxford/AZ. My arm ached from day 2 to day 4, though not as much as it did from the flu jab. I felt absolutely shite 12 hours after the jab (shivering, couldnt get warm, teeth chattering, feeling faint). I took a couple of paracetemol, went to bed and woke up feeling just fine. My wife had her jab at the same time as me and only had a sore arm which lasted a couple of days. Others that I know who had the Oxford/AZ jab had no symptoms at all but a few were like you - laid low for 24-36 hours.

Had mine a week last thursday. Same experience on organisation, excellent. Had the Oxford/AZ no reaction whatever, no arm pain even. Was the same with my flu jab too.

Cheers, good to hear people have had similar experiences to me. We are all different and some just breeze through it. I dont mind being poorly today because as I see it, by having the jab , it helps stop the spread to other people. Meaning not just myself getting back to a normal life but everyone else as well.

Had mine at Penwortham cricket club Tuesday, nice staff n no issues.. No tea n biscuits tho....
Felt fine all day.. Went bed.. Woke up feeling like I'd been run over, slight ache on injection site, felt sweaty and pissed till about mid afternoon then it cleared up.... Feel fine now.

Had mine at Penwortham cricket club Tuesday, nice staff n no issues.. No tea n biscuits tho....
Felt fine all day.. Went bed.. Woke up feeling like I'd been run over, slight ache on injection site, felt sweaty and pissed till about mid afternoon then it cleared up.... Feel fine now.

Had mine yesterday 10:00. St Johns shopping centre. No problems all day. About 10:30 in the evening, I started to ache slightly so went to bed. By midnight, I woke up in absolutely agony. Every bastard joint in my body was killing me and I was freezing cold. Popped some paracetamol and tried to sleep. Much better this morning after tossing and turning all night but still rough. Hopefully clear by lunchtime.

Anybody having their jab at St Johns can use the bus station car park, levels 5 and 6, free of charge for 2 hrs.
I was gutted to find this out after I had paid £1.20 to park. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Had mine yesterday 10:00. St Johns shopping centre. No problems all day. About 10:30 in the evening, I started to ache slightly so went to bed. By midnight, I woke up in absolutely agony. Every bastard joint in my body was killing me and I was freezing cold. Popped some paracetamol and tried to sleep. Much better this morning after tossing and turning all night but still rough. Hopefully clear by lunchtime.

Anybody having their jab at St Johns can use the bus station car park, levels 5 and 6, free of charge for 2 hrs.
I was gutted to find this out after I had paid £1.20 to park. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I had mine yesterday, no issues so far other than a bit of a stiff arm (touch wood). My son had pretty bad side effects last week but he’s young and that seems to be the general trend.

Don't tell the wife I’m fine though, laying it on a bit gets me out of the Saturday housework!

I had mine yesterday, no issues so far other than a bit of a stiff arm (touch wood). My son had pretty bad side effects last week but he’s young and that seems to be the general trend.

Don't tell the wife I’m fine though, laying it on a bit gets me out of the Saturday housework!
Thats something I've seen. It seems to be younger people who are getting side affects as oppose to older people. My nanna is 92 and had both, she's was perfectly fine after both where as I'm 39 my cousin 24 and both of us struggled for 2 days

Some of the teachers at partners school (and other friends) have ended up with more moderate side effects. Be interesting to know about care and health workers too. Saw some suggestions that there might be some reactions based on people having already had the virus or having had higher exposure to viral loads over time experiencing greater side effects from the virus. But not sure how they correlate that after the event or if it’s even possible to detect

Had the AZ vaccine yesterday evening at 5:30pm and this is how I've felt all morning. Feels like I've been punched all over and had an arthritis spell cast on me. Got a really sore throat too.

🤒🥵

Had the AZ vaccine yesterday evening at 5:30pm and this is how I've felt all morning. Feels like I've been punched all over and had an arthritis spell cast on me. Got a really sore throat too.

🤒🥵
Took me a good 2 days to get over it. Never had a sore throat though. Keep on popping paracetamol, they certainly help. I have to apologise, I chuckled at the arthritis spell bit 🤣🤣. Best wished @Preston1880

Thats something I've seen. It seems to be younger people who are getting side affects as oppose to older people. My nanna is 92 and had both, she's was perfectly fine after both where as I'm 39 my cousin 24 and both of us struggled for 2 days
Yeah weirdly my mum and her partner were rough for 2-3 days but then ok. My daughter ended up in A&E because in addition to feeling flu like she became really short of breath. Seems to be range of responses.