PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Corona Virus Experience and Advice

Seen as Covid is likely to be endemic over the world despite Vaccinations let's resurrect this thread.
Here's some advice I've gleamed since Covid
1) buy a SATs machine off amazon they relatively inexpensive and can be life saving. It measures oxygen levels in your blood and if yours goes less than 91 you want to seek GPs advice
2)Take vitamin D3 not more than 4000 iu per day. Studies show it helps in the fight against Covid
3)Take lat flow tests Wed /Sat. With Delta these are much more accurate in detecting covid due to people's Viral load. A big plus is they are free and now just require nose insertion.
4)Lose weight and eat healthy..goes without saying
5) if you become positive and by yourself let someone know and keep in contact with people for food supplies etc
6) hydrate and take paracetamol obviously contact Dr if any breathing chest problems as they might prescribe steroids etc.
7) Download Zoe App for helping research and getting latest Covid Advice.
8)Always continually wash hands and wear a mask.

Seen as Covid is likely to be endemic over the world despite Vaccinations let's resurrect this thread.
1) buy a SATs machine off amazon they relatively inexpensive and can be life saving. It measures oxygen levels in your blood and if yours goes less than 91 you want to seek GPs advice
2)Take vitamin D3 not more than 4000 iu per day. Studies show it helps in the fight against Covid
3)Take lat flow tests Wed /Sat. With Delta these are much more accurate in detecting covid due to people's Viral load. A big plus is they are free and now just require nose insertion.
5) if you become positive and by yourself let someone know and keep in contact with people for food supplies etc
6) hydrate and take paracetamol obviously contact Dr if any breathing chest problems as they might prescribe steroids etc.
Tim Spector's weekly update and his blog are invaluable IMO

I just re-echo all of the above.

I’ve done all the above but working on the losing weight bit.I’ve been taking bit D3 for 12 months in 4000 strength hoping it would help.

I can’t believe that I haven’t been exposed to it yet. Daughter number 1 is a student nurse, number 2 is at school, my wife is a teacher and I’ve worked throughout and also been in and out of various hospitals throughout, even before mask mandate.

But I’m sure that’s what @raefil thought to be fair.

I’ve done all the above but working on the losing weight bit.I’ve been taking bit D3 for 12 months in 4000 strength hoping it would help.

I can’t believe that I haven’t been exposed to it yet. Daughter number 1 is a student nurse, number 2 is at school, my wife is a teacher and I’ve worked throughout and also been in and out of various hospitals throughout, even before mask mandate.

But I’m sure that’s what @raefil thought to be fair.
For Weight loss I recommend Nutracheck app its great Calorie Counting app lost stone half 4 months. From what I've read I think catching or breakthrough is about how often you are exposed to the virus and a bit of luck. So if you come in contact with the virus often during the day just takes an unlucky moment rather like rolling a dice six times you might roll a dice a one a few times and your lucks out. Think if like Phil your older children get the virus it's extremely likely you will get the virus although I know a few people who's younger children have had the virus but their double vaccinated parents haven't had it. Obviously AZ is about 67 per efficacy with delta and Pfizer whilst high to begin with declines to similar level over time I reckon most people will get it soon even with boosters.

For Weight loss I recommend Nutracheck app its great Calorie Counting app lost stone half 4 months. From what I've read I think catching or breakthrough is about how often you are exposed to the virus and a bit of luck. So if you come in contact with the virus often during the day just takes an unlucky moment rather like rolling a dice six times you might roll a dice a one a few times and your lucks out. Think if like Phil your older children get the virus it's extremely likely you will get the virus although I know a few people who's younger children have had the virus but their double vaccinated parents haven't had it. Obviously AZ is about 67 per efficacy with delta and Pfizer whilst high to begin with declines to similar level over time I reckon most people will get it soon even with boosters.
I’ve been using Huel for the last two weeks and counting calories and lost 7lbs. This is without exercise because my knee is goosed. When I get moving again it should increase.
i feel so much better with decent nutrition.

Preston sounds like a Covid hotspot, scary, I still don't know anyone that has contracted the virus, I am shielding mind you.

The wife who works in the community with people with MH problems has only come across one client who had been diagnosed as positive. maybe the virus struggles to live in the polluted London atmosphere and migrates to greener pastures.

Preston sounds like a Covid hotspot, scary, I still don't know anyone that has contracted the virus, I am shielding mind you.

The wife who works in the community with people with MH problems has only come across one client who had been diagnosed as positive. maybe the virus struggles to live in the polluted London atmosphere and migrates to greener pastures.
Everywhere is a hot-spot. Don't go on twitter America is an absolute nightmare. In florida they fudging death figures so it doesn't sound as bigger fuck up as it is.