Coronavirus football options summarised (Premier League Restart 17/06/20 (post1,630)

I can see the vote being no.
Those in autos/playoffs I would expect to vote no, although publicly may say different. You could argue Fulham may want a crack at the autos so vote yes, but the flip side of playing on is barrinng ourselves they play the rest of the top 6 so could fall out of the playoffs.
Those above relegation again vote no for obvious reasons.
The bottom 3 vote yes again for obvious reasons.
That leaves the middlers. Maybe 7 fancy a chance at making playoffs so yes.
As for the rest with nothing to play for? No imo.
I therefore would expect something like 14- 10 no.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
I can see the vote being no.
Those in autos/playoffs I would expect to vote no, although publicly may say different. You could argue Fulham may want a crack at the autos so vote yes, but the flip side of playing on is barrinng ourselves they play the rest of the top 6 so could fall out of the playoffs.
Those above relegation again vote no for obvious reasons.
The bottom 3 vote yes again for obvious reasons.
That leaves the middlers. Maybe 7 fancy a chance at making playoffs so yes.
As for the rest with nothing to play for? No imo.
I therefore would expect something like 14- 10 no.
I think it will be close but just tip the other way because more of the middle table clubs will be clinging on to the hope that someone could come out of the pack. Birmingham are nine behind with nine to play and that’s probably about the limit for clubs to dream about making a late push.

cpnend

Manager
Forthesake of argument they are also only 7 points above the relegation zone and there’s always one club that bombs.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
More on the unreliability of swab tests in general - up to 29% false negatives, but good enough for England apparently:
Government now being explicit that a negative Covid-19 test result means, yunno, probably OK. Fingers crossed.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron

Last edited:

officiale4real

First Team

top cat

Reserve
If it restarts, Ill lay bets on it not fully finishing. If safety rules which it will, there'll be postponements due to either clubs suffering infections and/ or claiming force majeure that will likely prevent full completion. And some exploiting it for advantage. Recipe for a much worse legal position than now with claim and countrclaim. Straight to playoffs I say.

now would sir say that if we weren't in the play offs positions.......haha. Although i do agree obviously when football became more business then thats were its going....

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Forum favourite Alan Nixon claiming on Twitter the government wants the Prem to cough up a £200m one-off bailout package for the EFL, so the government doesn't have to.

To be allocated: £6.6m to each Championship club, £1m to each L1 club, £666k to each L2 club.

So a typically equitable 80% / 12% / 8% split across the divisions. :rolleyes:

Prem apparently want to withhold bailout money from EFL clubs already due to get a parachute payment.

And the Prem "want 'something back' out of it" in return for all this generous bounty.
Proposal from Rangers - in return for cashola to bail out the Scottish lower leagues - is for Old Firm B-teams to be allowed in the league proper.

Possibly other B-teams could be admitted too, if they can chip enough cash into the pot.

Or they can form "strategic partnerships" with lower-league clubs (turning them into little Scottish Prem satellites).

I'm sure when the English Prem delivers its eventual bailout to the EFL, it won't be attaching strings like that, no siree... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rangers & Celtic B teams in Ibrox club's 14-14-18 SPFL plan | BBC

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
Proposal from Rangers - in return for cashola to bail out the Scottish lower leagues - is for Old Firm B-teams to be allowed in the league proper.

Possibly other B-teams could be admitted too, if they can chip enough cash into the pot.

Or they can form "strategic partnerships" with lower-league clubs (turning them into little SPFL satellites).

I'm sure when the English Prem delivers its eventual bailout to the EFL, it won't be attaching strings like that, no siree... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rangers & Celtic B teams in Ibrox club's 14-14-18 SPFL plan | BBC
Had the self serving numpty Shaun Harvey still be in charge I would have been concerned about B teams.

Thankfully Rick Parry seems a bit more in touch with reality.

As daft as that idea is in Scotland at least in means they have given up the desperation to join the English Leagues.

Just need to kick Cardiff and Swansea back to the League of Wales where they should be and its all good.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Not really kept up with this but was just reading where for next season, some clubs have been emailing existing holders over 70 that they won’t be allowed to purchase a ticket(assuming any games take place with a crowd). Assume we haven’t made any decisions yet as not seen anything?