PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Coronavirus science and statistics(no politics)

I'm sharing this video (again) at the point where he shows the statistics that demonstrate why lockdown causes more Covid deaths not less..

EnC_1msWMAE4mGK

Remember when people got upset that the Pfizer CEO had some shares sold on his behalf because of an upfront transparency policy meaning he can’t use inside information to benefit but his broker has to trade on his behalf based on the terms of the plan.

I presume the silence regarding Rishi is because his Cayman Islands blind trust is equally as transparent

Hadn’t seen this tweet from a few months back (embedded in a Washington Post article I was just reading) but be interesting when the Q3 figures are released to see if the rebound was better for Sweden compared to the other neighbours

Wow that's shocking.

"As a result, millions of TB diagnoses have been missed, and according to the WHO this is likely to result in 200,000 to 400,000 excess deaths from the disease this year alone, with a further million new cases occurring every year after that for the next five years."

This is in poorer countries, where the population are far more at risk from dying of Covid due to their genetic make up and their living conditions.

So what are they meant to do instead? They are caught between a rock and a hard place
You mean those poorer countries that are most likely to receive the foreign aid that weve just cut back?

Wow that's shocking.

"As a result, millions of TB diagnoses have been missed, and according to the WHO this is likely to result in 200,000 to 400,000 excess deaths from the disease this year alone, with a further million new cases occurring every year after that for the next five years."
That is an eye-opener - along with the risk of famines caused by disruption to food imports. Developing countries have been woefully overlooked during this pandemic, sadly.

That is an eye-opener - along with the risk of famines caused by disruption to food imports. Developing countries have been woefully overlooked during this pandemic, sadly.
I saw Johnson saying that the UK has bought up something like 600 million doses of the vaccines?

If so at which countries expense?

Wow that's shocking.

Yet the same people that latch on this will have been the same people bagging on WHO about their Covid predictions calling them doom mongerers

I saw Johnson saying that the UK has bought up something like 600 million doses of the vaccines?

If so at which countries expense?
Saw a chart a couple of days back showing that developed countries have taken by far the bulk of the vaccines already. Can't find that exact one, but here are some others saying much the same:

Pretty shocking, to be honest.